Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

List Of Modifications On Your Sonata Yf

• Please log in to reply

coolguyz98

Posted 05 March 2011 - 04:28 PM

coolguyz98

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Anybody interested to install the Locktech anti-theft lock? I was quoted RM300 for it.

ricprom

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:09 AM

ricprom

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
QUOTE (coolguyz98 @ Mar 5 2011, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anybody interested to install the Locktech anti-theft lock? I was quoted RM300 for it.

I heard that Locktech anti-theft thats is made in Tahiland is not available and the current ones in the market are Malaysia made ones passing off of that brand. Don't know if it is true but will be good to check before purchase.
RickPeugeot5008
ricprom@hotmail.com

wheeLSpin

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:12 AM

wheeLSpin

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 880 posts
besides "cosmetics" mod. Any performance mod ? like air filter, or any modification that can make it goes faster.
That, would be most interesting! smile_thumbup.gif

ricprom

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:22 AM

ricprom

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
QUOTE (wheeLSpin @ Mar 6 2011, 01:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
besides "cosmetics" mod. Any performance mod ? like air filter, or any modification that can make it goes faster.
That, would be most interesting! smile_thumbup.gif

cannot upgrade the air filter to K&N as it will void engine warranty and according to the service department better not to touch the engine, computer chip, etc............. so difficult to upgrade performance with this restriction. the only one done by me is upgrade the anti-roll bar front and back to bigger diameter to have better roadhandling and tighter steering feel.
RickPeugeot5008
ricprom@hotmail.com

scann69

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:29 AM

scann69

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
QUOTE (ricprom @ Mar 6 2011, 01:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
cannot upgrade the air filter to K&N as it will void engine warranty and according to the service department better not to touch the engine, computer chip, etc............. so difficult to upgrade performance with this restriction. the only one done by me is upgrade the anti-roll bar front and back to bigger diameter to have better roadhandling and tighter steering feel.

And how much did that cost?

adrwoon

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:14 PM

adrwoon

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts
hi everybody... i had previously installed a set of Shark Racing LED DRLs.. it came with wiring harnesses but the only problem was they only turned on if you turned on the parking/main lights.. anyway, Shark Racing was kind enough to let me know which wire to tap in the harness to have them come on at Key On/ACC..

since the Shark Racing kit also acted as signal indicators, i decided to remove the other LED DRLs that was bought from the Puchong upgrade hangout (if anybody wants to buy mine, you can drop me a line or a msg...

now, i was going to snap a couple of photos of the front of my car after adding the Shark Racing LED DRLs and post them here, but my rotten luck, i slipped and fell over the weekend, hurting my foot and now i can't really move about.. so the photos will have to wait for a while... laugh.gif

but you can see what they look like and how they function from: Shark Racing LED DRLs

I don't want to be a genius - I have enough problems just trying to be a man.
Albert Camus

adrwoon

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:17 PM

adrwoon

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts
QUOTE (adisonata @ Mar 5 2011, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks to MOUSEY & Adrwoon who put on & response this thread. It really help a lot for the jr. Sonata like me. I'll update mine after I done some more upgrade. Thanks again! smile.gif

Adrwoon, I like the DRL @ fog u install. May I hv a real view at your ride during my visit to Purchong?

hi adisonata.. sure, we can arrange a mini viewing smile_big.gif..

when are you planning on going to Puchong.. right now, i'm a bit immobile as i slipped and hurt my foot, but let me know when you're thinking of heading to Puchong and we'll arrange something..

cheers!
Albert Camus

fsrfaee

Posted 06 March 2011 - 05:59 PM

fsrfaee

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
QUOTE (adrwoon @ Mar 2 2011, 03:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sonata 2.4
Interior:
All were installed in Puchong except for 3) & 5).
1) PVC Coil Mat - RM160 - Puchong
2) Auto-dim Mirror - USD330 (RM1,200) - Ebay (fast-imports)
3) LED door light - USD44 (RM150) - Ebay (xauto-artx)
4) Interior LEDs - USD60 + USD40 (RM340) - Shark Racing
5) Leather Steering Cover - USD50 (RM170) Ebay (autoupgradenet)
6) Soundproofing - RM1,200 - Puchong

Bro,
does the soundproofing make a big difference? and where in puchong did you do it? and how long does it take?

Thanks
Faeez

adrwoon

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:10 PM

adrwoon

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts
QUOTE (fsrfaee @ Mar 6 2011, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro,
does the soundproofing make a big difference? and where in puchong did you do it? and how long does it take?

Thanks
Faeez

hi hi... the soundproofing does make a difference. just how big is a bit subjective. the place is at bandar puteri puchong and Zainal who has also done the soundproofing there, estimates dampening up to 30-40% and i would agree to that figure...

the sika mats do a good job of cutting off the low frequencies.. the higher frequencies are still able to seep in but we're looking for a solution..

installation takes almost a full day as they have to take out the seats, door panels, etc...
Albert Camus

adisonata

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:51 AM

adisonata

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
QUOTE (adrwoon @ Mar 6 2011, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi adisonata.. sure, we can arrange a mini viewing smile_big.gif..

when are you planning on going to Puchong.. right now, i'm a bit immobile as i slipped and hurt my foot, but let me know when you're thinking of heading to Puchong and we'll arrange something..

cheers!

Sorry to hear that u get hurt. Hope u get heal soon!

I'll heading KL & Purchong this week TUE to FRIday. Will settle some work & upgrade my ride & can't wait to attend your mini viewing if possible. I can drop by your place if u don't mind. Thanks ahead!