Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Who Still Got Wira 1.8?

• Please log in to reply

weedboy

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:06 AM

weedboy

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Hi All,

I'm in the midst of restoring my Wira 1.8 SOHC bought in May 2008. Would like to hear what you've done to your car so far and problems you've faced. blink.gif

Also, I need to clarify the difference on 1.8 DOHC Ltd Edt and 1.8 SOHC. Shouldn't all 1.8's be limited edition since they are so rare? Also what is the difference in hp and torque. tongue.gif

What would i need to do if i wanna rojak mivec twin cam top to my SOHC? laugh.gif

checkout my blog about my car and what i've done so far at http://jpgarage.blogspot.com/

Cheers laugh.gif

SplitFire

Posted 01 January 2009 - 02:03 AM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,878 posts
QUOTE (weedboy @ Dec 15 2008, 01:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi All,

I'm in the midst of restoring my Wira 1.8 SOHC bought in May 2008. Would like to hear what you've done to your car so far and problems you've faced. blink.gif

Also, I need to clarify the difference on 1.8 DOHC Ltd Edt and 1.8 SOHC. Shouldn't all 1.8's be limited edition since they are so rare? Also what is the difference in hp and torque. tongue.gif

What would i need to do if i wanna rojak mivec twin cam top to my SOHC? laugh.gif

checkout my blog about my car and what i've done so far at http://jpgarage.blogspot.com/

Cheers laugh.gif

Why dun go for 1.8 DOHC in the 1st place? Its totally 2 different world when in term of power and performances. And I believe the price was competitive enough. huh.gif
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

vernond

Posted 18 January 2009 - 06:35 PM

vernond

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
It seems like all the guys from the Wira 1.8 Club has all dissapeared. There used to be quite a number.

How much you are expecting to spend on your bolt on turbo?

My wira is the even more rare version, I think, produced in 1999, without the gol post spoiler, recaro's and other fancy stuff. Still powerful(cars in my rear view mirror get small very fast at traffic light takeoffs biggrin.gif ) but seems to have lost some power over the years. A real joy to drive.

lelong.com.my/friendlystore

reduan78

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:27 PM

reduan78

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
QUOTE (vernond @ Jan 18 2009, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It seems like all the guys from the Wira 1.8 Club has all dissapeared. There used to be quite a number.

How much you are expecting to spend on your bolt on turbo?

My wira is the even more rare version, I think, produced in 1999, without the gol post spoiler, recaro's and other fancy stuff. Still powerful(cars in my rear view mirror get small very fast at traffic light takeoffs biggrin.gif ) but seems to have lost some power over the years. A real joy to drive.

So,what color is yours wira?Mine is maroon year 2000.with 0450 ECU.
can check C99 Limited club at http://www.c99limited.com.
sure will get more respon there.

ahboy

Posted 19 January 2009 - 02:36 PM

ahboy

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,914 posts
4g93 engine got lotsa things to mod. its depends on how deep is ur pocket to mod nia.

Rebuild ur engine then u can drive for a few more years without hassle.

Vernond wow long time no c haha

vernond

Posted 21 January 2009 - 08:10 AM

vernond

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
QUOTE (ahboy @ Jan 19 2009, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
4g93 engine got lotsa things to mod. its depends on how deep is ur pocket to mod nia.

Rebuild ur engine then u can drive for a few more years without hassle.

Vernond wow long time no c haha

My car is green.

ahboy, yeah I don't really visit AW much, since all the topics are mostly repeated.

lelong.com.my/friendlystore

lantoi

Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:21 PM

lantoi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
ahboy, yeah I don't really visit AW much, since all the topics are mostly repeated.
[/quote]

Correct ahboy. Most are repeated things.

So, I still holding to my '96 Wira 1.8 SOHC. (Already Secondary school Form 1)
Just overhauled the whole engine. Damage is RM3K.
Then the gearbox finally say goodbye on the first day of puasa. mileage almost 240,000km. Changed to recond gb. Boleh pakailah, but not as smooth as ori gb.
Lastly, 2 weeks ago, change 2 tyres. One damaged (Falken 912). Choose Hankook Blackbird 185/60R14 82V. A lot better tyre than 912 in dry and wet.

For all that still hanging on to the wira 1.8 SOHC, please take care of your car. The ancient beast still can bite.

Haloooooo...................... !

thekop555

Posted 24 February 2009 - 05:11 AM

thekop555

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts
i used to own wira 1.8 before sold it off last year. reliable engine, long lasting (last mileage before change owner was 452,000km). no overhaul since bought it from open tender.

my fren who bought the wira from me just change the engine recently. no upgrading...change with the same 4g93 SOHC from mitsu for rm3.5k (halfcut). surprisingly the halfcut shown 93,000km mileage. i think it was a worth buy.

last week i tested drive his car and the pick-up was amazing. can spin the trye on 1st gear (auto). really miss that car. he still keep the original 5 spoke rims and the purple color just repaint and look like new.

but one thing i noticed that the GB ratio not as good as the previous one from proton.

g88

Posted 24 February 2009 - 01:31 PM

g88

Duke of Hazzard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,280 posts
there is a lot different between the power that can produce by DOHC camparing SOHC

fizul9254

Posted 26 June 2009 - 03:56 PM

fizul9254

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
All,
I'm responding to the topic as I am the one of the owner wira 1.8 SOHC(A).This AW forum was changed a lot since I'm quite long time to visit. My mileage is below than 200K km(about>160+++KM) & still good to go. Modification I have made is just change to external ATF cooler for my g/box(direct bypass) & change the ICE from stock to CD/MP3 player. Last year already done changed the roof+1layer original color body for about rm2K, this year recently just changed the flywheel seal+g/box oil seal & all engine mounting.After all has been done feel a lot different & as smooth as new eventhough it is nearly 13 years old. The performance & pickup still feel the same.What can I advise if you all want to take care your beloved car as its rare from others, take it care thorougly with knowledge & experiance. This forum is good to get the knowledge of knowing your car.