Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Who Still Got Wira 1.8?

• Please log in to reply

ShiftVQV6

Posted 29 June 2009 - 02:19 PM

ShiftVQV6

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,659 posts
QUOTE (g88 @ Feb 24 2009, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
there is a lot different between the power that can produce by DOHC camparing SOHC

what different?

sorry, side rack a bit... GTi is DOHC?

Thanks.

TheGunner

Posted 29 June 2009 - 03:05 PM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
QUOTE (ShiftVQV6 @ Jun 29 2009, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what different?

Thanks.

Yes. Only Wira had the 4G93 SOHC engine. The Putra and Satria GTi all came with 4G93 DOHC.
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

SplitFire

Posted 29 June 2009 - 05:40 PM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,878 posts
QUOTE (ShiftVQV6 @ Jun 29 2009, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what different?

Thanks.

Yup. Only Wira 1.8 got sohc, and itsa Auto tranny. When launch its all in White and Dark Green colour.
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

TheGunner

Posted 29 June 2009 - 05:47 PM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
QUOTE (SplitFire @ Jun 29 2009, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yup. Only Wira 1.8 got sohc, and itsa Auto tranny. When launch its all in White and Dark Green colour.

SplitFire, I recall back during launch in 1996, all the 1.8, SOHC or DOHC only had 1 colour - which was purple. White was offered on the 1.8s only much much later.
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

SplitFire

Posted 01 July 2009 - 01:23 PM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,878 posts
QUOTE (TheGunner @ Jun 29 2009, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SplitFire, I recall back during launch in 1996, all the 1.8, SOHC or DOHC only had 1 colour - which was purple. White was offered on the 1.8s only much much later.

Not purple izit? You mean the brownish like grey or gold, what known as the unique Wira 1.8DOSC colour izit? My brother bought it when 1st launch in the 90's can't remember exact year, comes with Recaro seats and momo steering, read EVO-1 spoiler, 14" 5-Spokes sport rims. Thats the car I fell in love with at that time. So dem powerful. smile_thumbup.gif
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

g88

Posted 08 July 2009 - 12:48 PM

g88

Duke of Hazzard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,280 posts
QUOTE (SplitFire @ Jul 1 2009, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not purple izit? You mean the brownish like grey or gold, what known as the unique Wira 1.8DOSC colour izit? My brother bought it when 1st launch in the 90's can't remember exact year, comes with Recaro seats and momo steering, read EVO-1 spoiler, 14" 5-Spokes sport rims. Thats the car I fell in love with at that time. So dem powerful. smile_thumbup.gif

Wira 1.8 DOHC Limited Edition was only 2450 units in market, Proton built this premium edition to meet the homologation to meet the World Rally requirement (by Karamjit). The only colour available is Morjaco black. It was released to market between Mid 1995 to 1997 only.

There were another 50 units which is so called RS (Rally Spec) edition that's claim to be much more powerful then the Limited Edition as it has even much unique ECU (Rally setting), the down side for this 50 model was its a stripped down version which has no factory fitted Recaro seat, Momo steering and gear knob, not even power windows. The interior just like a Wira 1.3. They wanted the car to be as 'light' as possible. The unique-ness for this car was it running on a set of ROH sport rim compare to Limited Edition AAC's rim. The only colour available is White

This model majority own buy malay (dunno why) maybe ppl think its a 'cold' market car but i can tell its the most aggressive/powerful stock standard Proton 1.8 engine as the ECU is fully from Mitsubishi with NO speed & rev cut (unlike GSR ECU)

Up to today, estimate 60% (maybe more) of the total 2450 unit is either gone in accidental or being modded to god knows what engine/look...and chances of finding a 90% stock standard model is almost impossible.

This car has a 9K RPM meter + 260KM/H Speedo. Touching 200KM/H is not a big deal....

Upon its discontinuation, Proton 'move' the chasis to Putra, later on to SGTi, 1st batch of Putra in 1997 still carry same spec as Wira 1.8 LE but the down side is its a coupe wink.gif

ShiftVQV6

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:30 PM

ShiftVQV6

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,659 posts
good info thanks....

i am not one of the lucky owner... smile_blush.gif

Popcorn

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:49 PM

Popcorn

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,445 posts
QUOTE (ShiftVQV6 @ Jul 8 2009, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
good info thanks....

i am not one of the lucky owner... smile_blush.gif

From yur nickname if u are one of the VQ owners.. that wud be a better ride with more options for mod. Nismo tuned Nissan still rules the Japan GT series till now..
Cruiser

ShiftVQV6

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:16 AM

ShiftVQV6

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,659 posts
till today, nissan still churn out good engines. just that the brand image is not as strong as toyota or honda.

my VQ is just a normal family car, hand down to my wife now. i am restoring a satria 1.8 now, slowly, depends on the budget.... timing belt, body kits (side door protector damage by previous owner), rear hatch door is damn noisy, respray the whole car....... I will leave the engine untouch first.

SplitFire

Posted 10 July 2009 - 11:01 PM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,878 posts

It was Morjaco Black? But it doesn't look like blackto me ler... smile_big.gif This was the exact model that my brother used to own.

Ram me if you can!

SplitFire