Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Peugeot 508

• Please log in to reply

wheelz

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:56 PM

wheelz

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 788 posts
Since the previous topic board still says that the 508 is 'to be launched', I thought I'd start this new one up to better reflect a discussion tread for owners, potential owners, and everybody else interested in this new flagship lion.

Now, if only something would quickly buy my 407 so I can upgrade *hint hint*!
Carpe diem

spcx

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:31 PM

spcx

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
just wondering how many forumers here already booked the 508?

I'm one of them, booked during the launch, and SA mentioned delivery will be Dec or Jan. Went to other showrooms, some said end of Nov.

Just curious to know what are your delivery timelines.

madrazcbr

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:48 PM

madrazcbr

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 759 posts
Saw the 508 ... really love it ... however there is a lot of stuff being control electronically ... like the smart beam, door lock, etc ... will it be expensive to change all this electronic thingy ...

numbertwo

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:24 PM

numbertwo

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
QUOTE (madrazcbr @ Nov 1 2011, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Saw the 508 ... really love it ... however there is a lot of stuff being control electronically ... like the smart beam, door lock, etc ... will it be expensive to change all this electronic thingy ...

well..all premium European cars are full of electronic...without these stuff one might say "no this , no that, where got value for money!?" My take is, find a good electronic engineer who knows the Lion inside out, you would have less headache in a long run.

wheelz

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:49 AM

wheelz

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 788 posts

Based on my previous experience, best to take the longer delivery estimates as actual rather than those places where they promise you earlier delivery. After all, it goes through the same system regardless where you buy it from.

Even then, do add a month or 2 to the estimates so as to manage your own expectations!
Carpe diem

danieltcc

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:20 PM

danieltcc

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
QUOTE (wheelz @ Nov 2 2011, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Based on my previous experience, best to take the longer delivery estimates as actual rather than those places where they promise you earlier delivery. After all, it goes through the same system regardless where you buy it from.

Even then, do add a month or 2 to the estimates so as to manage your own expectations!

I wish I can say that I am one of them who booked. But I'm still happy pugging along in my 407. Loved the 508 especially in the flesh. Lots of electronic gear but that's the deal with modern cars. without which, I think our lives are a little less interesting, no?
Daniel in the Lion's Den

spcx

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:50 PM

spcx

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
just to share this comprehensive review of the 508, too bad its in a language that we don't understand. but it shows alot of the 508 features, such as the directional lights etc..

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

numbertwo

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:15 PM

numbertwo

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
i like the way the speedometer max out one full swing when push-start the car...

azlan96

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:11 AM

azlan96

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 465 posts
QUOTE (numbertwo @ Nov 2 2011, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i like the way the speedometer max out one full swing when push-start the car...

ya lah, so cool! smile_tongue.gif

zulhazri1

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:47 PM

zulhazri1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
Since I m also in the 508 booking list , let me joint the thread too.
Already surrended my Camry and now cant wait to have the new machine...Otherwise life is so mundane especially when drive through some girls...but with this pinjam Proton persona ..dont ever expect to have some heads turn on you !!!!