Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Fuel Pump Failure! - Common Problem For Waja?

• Please log in to reply

ndrifter

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:32 AM

ndrifter

NMT Newscaster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
QUOTE (madet80 @ Sep 3 2009, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Last 2 weeks when I drove at Kuala Selangor at midnight, I was speeding about 120km for overtaking some vehicles. Suddenly I press the fuel pedal till kena lantai but feel my car won't accelerate instead it de-accelerate. So I quickly jump to left lane, slow down a bit then my engine die!!.. stop beside the road. try to start again and again. Haihhhh... my engine just cracking only like fuel tak sampai. Next morning I go to see my bro-inlaw's mechanic. story the problem then he follow me to the unlucky car. I pop up the trunk - He said no need... "the problem isn't there". He open the passenger seat door and pop up the seat. revealing the 'look like hatch' to the fuel tank. He just replace that one and start the car. Wallaaa.. my car vrommmm vrommm again. That thing is called fuel pump and he said this is common problem for waja whether campro or mitsu.By the way, my mileage is 75k already and need to change it. I don't know how long it will last, forgot to ask him. It caused me around Rm350. This is my first breakdown on the road with my Campro since 2006. Just to share the experiance. smile_blackeye.gif

thanks for sharing dude

well for my 4g18 mitsu already doing 185k mileage now, so far (touch wood) still running fine,
but somehow after hard driving, after come down from car, can smell the petrol smell from the right rear side (external of car)

also checked with a local spare part dealer that the fuel pump for waja mitsu/cps is a known problemo,
so i will be planning to change the fuel pump soon, cuz no car = no life edi, haha @@
~~> 4g18 | '03 | 225K mileage and counting

APEXI | BOSCH | CASTROL | CE28N | DAYCO | EIBACH | FGK FUJITSUBO | HID | K&N | MITSUBISHI | NEXEN | STEELMATE | ULTRA RACING | WEGRO | WORKS ENGINEERING

ndrifter

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:38 AM

ndrifter

NMT Newscaster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
QUOTE (ndrifter @ Jan 3 2011, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thanks for sharing dude

well for my 4g18 mitsu already doing 185k mileage now, so far (touch wood) still running fine,
but somehow after hard driving, after come down from car, can smell the petrol smell from the right rear side (external of car)

also checked with a local spare part dealer that the fuel pump for waja mitsu/cps is a known problemo,
so i will be planning to change the fuel pump soon, cuz no car = no life edi, haha @@

running on 1/4 fuel now, scary scare

APEXI | BOSCH | CASTROL | CE28N | DAYCO | EIBACH | FGK FUJITSUBO | HID | K&N | MITSUBISHI | NEXEN | STEELMATE | ULTRA RACING | WEGRO | WORKS ENGINEERING

edejuazzy

Posted 20 February 2011 - 07:00 PM

edejuazzy

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
QUOTE (ayluvb3ech @ Nov 24 2010, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
maybe u guys wanna hav a look..

http://www.bincang.n...-fuel-pump-Waja

proton usually dam alot problems with this kinda stuffs...loose connectors..

satisfied!!

ndrifter

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:16 AM

ndrifter

NMT Newscaster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
QUOTE (ayluvb3ech @ Nov 24 2010, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
maybe u guys wanna hav a look..

http://www.bincang.n...-fuel-pump-Waja

proton usually dam alot problems with this kinda stuffs...loose connectors..

smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

mych

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:46 AM

mych

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,789 posts
fyi.. the fuel pump motor does have a carbon brush inside.. after some time it will wear out as well..
a better fuel pump would have brushless motor,

http://delphi.com/ma...ling/brshls-fp/
Mych

ndrifter

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:12 AM

ndrifter

NMT Newscaster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
QUOTE (mych @ Feb 23 2011, 12:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
fyi.. the fuel pump motor does have a carbon brush inside.. after some time it will wear out as well..
a better fuel pump would have brushless motor,

http://delphi.com/ma...ling/brshls-fp/

can get it from here? or how much is it selling at here?

eeeseng

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:30 PM

eeeseng

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
QUOTE (gjrforce @ Sep 3 2009, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i change twist.

1st time is 15k km.
2nd time last another 130k km

get the OEM local will do,RM350-370.
no need Proton brand, RM600-700

dont get china mari which is only RM120-150

my car was happen before, but i think it is not the fuel pump failure, when a car can start and suddently die for few time, i think it is the fuel filter problem, something stuck in the fuel filter, it is better to change the fuel filter first before u move to the second step to change the fuel pump.

madet80

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:52 PM

madet80

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
QUOTE (eeeseng @ Jun 27 2011, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my car was happen before, but i think it is not the fuel pump failure, when a car can start and suddently die for few time, i think it is the fuel filter problem, something stuck in the fuel filter, it is better to change the fuel filter first before u move to the second step to change the fuel pump.

Aihh looong time not login.. still same old problem..

SplitFire

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:22 PM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,878 posts
QUOTE (madet80 @ Jul 24 2011, 11:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aihh looong time not login.. still same old problem..

Last time my waja's fuel pump last more than 300K km, till I sold the car off.... smile_big.gif Lucky me.
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

rizan76

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:06 AM

rizan76

6th Gear

• Members
  • 9 posts
I own a 2005 WAJA CAMPRO. I had problems when starting the car. The engine check sometimes failed to appear or if it appear the buzz or "ermmmmpppp" sound is missing, and i cant start the car. The if i wait kinda 2 minutes it will appear and the "errmmmppp" sound appear then i can start the car. I tot that my battery is getting weak and plan to change it. Then when i read this forum i thought that my fuel pump maybe the problem since the "errmmmppp" sound kinda come from the fuel pump location. Then a fren ask to check the relays on the fuse compartment. Since we used the same car we just switch the relays and the problems appear on his car and mine can start without any problems. So we go and bought our self the 87a ECU relays and replace it. Since past two days the problems gone and i am still monitoring the situation. Just want to share my experienced with fellow wajarian.