Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Saga Blm

• Please log in to reply

vr2turbo

Posted 07 May 2011 - 06:15 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (dabdab @ May 7 2011, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i think thats the wonder of grease.
its anti rust
its damp vibrations.
its eliminate squeak
it fills up gaps (to anything loose that cause noise)

in this case theres no way i can tighten the pivot because its no screw joint, its small, its within a tight space. so thick grease is perfect so far.

Noted.... smile_thumbup.gif

dabdab

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:13 AM

dabdab

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
did anyone know weather saga blm f4a4a auto gearbox have a TCU or not.
because i feel the gear change or shift time of the f4a4a is quite lousy (it takes 10km distant for the gear to match the engine speed optimally) when its cold and and when its hot sometimes 4th upshift is premature to the power availability.

thanks.

vr2turbo

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:55 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (dabdab @ May 14 2011, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
because i feel the gear change or shift time of the f4a4a is quite lousy (it takes 10km distant for the gear to match the engine speed optimally) when its cold and and when its hot sometimes 4th upshift is premature to the power availability.

thanks.

Due to the oil viscosity??

That day, I tried my colleague's older CT with CVT 7 seven speed. At 110 kph, manual gear runs at higher RPM, switching to auto runs around 200 to 300 rpm less..... smile_wink.gif

Gunnerzz

Posted 14 May 2011 - 08:30 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (dabdab @ May 14 2011, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks.

Not sure bout the TCU but if i think its down to the ECU program.
I drove the Waja 1.8 once a while and i notice that the ECU quickly adapt to the driver's driving style.
Its a different story with the BLM, it will try to adapt to the driver's driving style b4 suddenly changing its mind and upshift earlier to retain fc.

BLM wont hold low gear for long unless u r climbing a hill.
With the Waja, it will hold low gear if it detects your throttle behavior.
This is great for overtaking or spirited drive.
This is also why i am used to pull the lever to 3 and keep it there b4 overtaking when driving the BLM,

I think the long distance took to match the engine speed only happen when the engine is really cold and its a measure to warms the engine a little quicker.
In the morning, i let the engine warms up for 2-3 min b4 driving away.
I think its a good measure as i tend to drives fast when start moving due to the addiction to the power surge and sound of the open pod.

dabdab

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:00 AM

dabdab

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ May 14 2011, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Due to the oil viscosity??

That day, I tried my colleague's older CT with CVT 7 seven speed. At 110 kph, manual gear runs at higher RPM, switching to auto runs around 200 to 300 rpm less..... smile_wink.gif

not sure the oil grade does effect, as the oil is to proton's specification. they cant get this wrong.
or maybe a fully synthetic gear oil is batter to reach up the operating temperature therefore gear change in optimum peration quicker after the start off.

dabdab

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:28 AM

dabdab

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ May 14 2011, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not sure bout the TCU but if i think its down to the ECU program.
I drove the Waja 1.8 once a while and i notice that the ECU quickly adapt to the driver's driving style.
Its a different story with the BLM, it will try to adapt to the driver's driving style b4 suddenly changing its mind and upshift earlier to retain fc.

BLM wont hold low gear for long unless u r climbing a hill.
With the Waja, it will hold low gear if it detects your throttle behavior.
This is great for overtaking or spirited drive.
This is also why i am used to pull the lever to 3 and keep it there b4 overtaking when driving the BLM,

I think the long distance took to match the engine speed only happen when the engine is really cold and its a measure to warms the engine a little quicker.
In the morning, i let the engine warms up for 2-3 min b4 driving away.
I think its a good measure as i tend to drives fast when start moving due to the addiction to the power surge and sound of the open pod.

yes normally i will drive off after the engine temp at 3 bar indicator.(operating temp)
but the first drive on the highway in first 10km the tacho shows 3000rpm with the speed of 95kmh.
and only after that distant or so the tacho show 3000rpm and the speed is optimized at 104kmh.

its almost seemed that the gearbox oerating temperatur takes longer.
this will effect some FC a bit.
back to question. has this related to viscosity and type of oil that reach the operating temperature quickly.?

or simply the f4a4a is not goverened any electronic transmission control unit. (no artifical itelligent) where the gear change depends on pressure rate of gear oil in its system where it very much rely on the transmission oil operating temperature.

or other than this (we need a detail tech spec from proton) ..one day, do it.

vr2turbo

Posted 15 May 2011 - 06:36 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (dabdab @ May 15 2011, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
not sure the oil grade does effect, as the oil is to proton's specification. they cant get this wrong.
or maybe a fully synthetic gear oil is batter to reach up the operating temperature therefore gear change in optimum peration quicker after the start off.

Then could only be due to reaching optimum operating temperature, since it works differently when cold and hot.... smile_tongue.gif

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:41 PM

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 702 posts
Hi. Any good brake pad recommended for BLM? Old one is almost finished At 35kkm only. Anything better than original for normal driving is enough. I found that the original one is not as good as other Proton cars. Thanks. smile_thumbup.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (7866 @ Apr 5 2013, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi. Any good brake pad recommended for BLM? Old one is almost finished At 35kkm only. Anything better than original for normal driving is enough. I found that the original one is not as good as other Proton cars. Thanks. smile_thumbup.gif

Can try Bendix General CT for normal use.....