Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Vios Drive Shaft

• Please log in to reply

profkaizen

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:09 AM

profkaizen

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 998 posts
QUOTE (justdoit @ Nov 25 2011, 07:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The shaft was still in good condition when the mechanic changed it. Then it was found out the actual worn out part was the brake caliper pin that produces the ratlling noise that i complained ealier.

As I had mentioned, the drive shaft was a very hardy [durable] component. In your case, was it that even the CV joint was also in good condition after clocking 200, 000 km?

justdoit

Posted 25 November 2011 - 02:02 PM

justdoit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts
QUOTE (profkaizen @ Nov 25 2011, 08:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As I had mentioned, the drive shaft was a very hardy [durable] component. In your case, was it that even the CV joint was also in good condition after clocking 200, 000 km?

There wasn't any 'Tak tak' sound when you turn right or right.
moon

profkaizen

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:33 PM

profkaizen

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 998 posts
QUOTE (justdoit @ Nov 25 2011, 02:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There wasn't any 'Tak tak' sound when you turn right or right.

Then why changed it? CV Joints are on-condition components, ie to be changed only when it is worn out and not a hard-lifed item to be changed whenever it had clocked a certain mileage. Sometimes, driving conditions tend to wear the CV joints faster, like driving in dusty and sandy terrains and a lot of turnings [or sharp turnings] It is hard to say whether the Wira CV Joints are more durable than the Vios CV Joints, just like car batteries [not easy to compare] but...one thing...the power window mechanism of the Wira is definitely no fight in terms of relaibility as compared to Toyota Vious' power window. My Mazda power window mechanism lasted 20 years smile_approve.gif and it is still in good running condition. Can you beat that??

justdoit

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:26 PM

justdoit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts
QUOTE (profkaizen @ Nov 26 2011, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then why changed it? CV Joints are on-condition components, ie to be changed only when it is worn out and not a hard-lifed item to be changed whenever it had clocked a certain mileage. Sometimes, driving conditions tend to wear the CV joints faster, like driving in dusty and sandy terrains and a lot of turnings [or sharp turnings] It is hard to say whether the Wira CV Joints are more durable than the Vios CV Joints, just like car batteries [not easy to compare] but...one thing...the power window mechanism of the Wira is definitely no fight in terms of relaibility as compared to Toyota Vious' power window. My Mazda power window mechanism lasted 20 years smile_approve.gif and it is still in good running condition. Can you beat that??

I am tired of hearing the rattling noise which several mechanic could not identified. So i changed it. But i keep it as spare now. I am not praising my Wira but this is the real fact. Another part is the clutch which i voluntarily asked the mechanic to change at 175K KM. When dismantled it was still in good condition. My power window only failed me once at the eighth year, a spoiled motor of one window. But i do admit the easiest part to fall is the throttle body. Then i modified with the denso FICD. and it stays good until now.
moon

kjayakumar

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:26 PM

kjayakumar

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
QUOTE (profkaizen @ Oct 19 2011, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So "SC" stands for "Slaughter Center" smile_evil.gif

I also just went to S19 toyota service center. Quoted for replacing the driveshaft boot is RM400. Anyone know any place near PJ that can do this? I can't afford RM400.

profkaizen

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:51 PM

profkaizen

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 998 posts
QUOTE (kjayakumar @ Mar 16 2012, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I also just went to S19 toyota service center. Quoted for replacing the driveshaft boot is RM400. Anyone know any place near PJ that can do this? I can't afford RM400.

You may call my mechanic Mr Chia H/P: 012-3770133. His workshop is in PJS11 [next to Sunway University]

yowwei

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:40 PM

yowwei

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 445 posts
Its time to change front and back absorber now. Mine is Vios 2006.

Anyone know how much is the estimated cost of absorber - front and back, original Toyota parts? =)

If want to change absorber, must it be changed in pairs?

Thanks =)