Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Waja 1.8 Gearbox Problem

• Please log in to reply

rain

Posted 28 December 2009 - 04:50 PM

rain

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
Hi,

I have a waja 1.8, yesterday when I wanted to get out from a junction after taking foot of the brake and pressing the gas, I had a jurk in the car and after that no more drive. I have "Reverse" though, but no "Drive". I have clean all the the sensor on the valve body on the gbx. But still the same? Do you think anything to do with the TCU?. FYI, in "D" it feels like the gears are slipping, the car moves vey slow on almost full revs. But reverse is like nomal.

Thanks

Gunnerzz

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:30 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (rain @ Dec 28 2009, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

I have a waja 1.8, yesterday when I wanted to get out from a junction after taking foot of the brake and pressing the gas, I had a jurk in the car and after that no more drive. I have "Reverse" though, but no "Drive". I have clean all the the sensor on the valve body on the gbx. But still the same? Do you think anything to do with the TCU?. FYI, in "D" it feels like the gears are slipping, the car moves vey slow on almost full revs. But reverse is like nomal.

Thanks

If not mistaken,the tranny shift into safe mode.Thats why u are moving very slow even at high rev.
Do u hav starting problem?
If yes,the crank sensor needs replacing.
Crank sensor cal also affect gb behaviour.

When was the last time u change the atf?
Remember to use only ELF Renaultmatic D3 Syn.
Stick to 20k interval.

If recently your tranny does not shift smoothly,a solenoid valve might needs replacing.

rain

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:51 AM

rain

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
I do not currently have a starting problem, I did have that problem about 2 months ago. And you are right, it was the crank sensor. I got that clean up and it now starts fine.

My ATF? I think that was done about 40K ago. But after servicing the valve body for the gbx and also the 8 sensors, i put in new ATF. But i notice that 1 of the sensor's ball bearing was not so free to move like the rest. could that be the cause. Where can I buy a sensor.

But the worst case is Iam looking at a new of 2nd TCU...any ideas where I can get 1?

rain

Posted 29 December 2009 - 05:04 PM

rain

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
guys, any idea whats the meaning of a code "048" from the PDT2000/3000?. Got this error massage when did diagnostic on the TCU. Service Center also dont know the meaning of it....( not in the manual book)

Gunnerzz

Posted 29 December 2009 - 10:13 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (rain @ Dec 29 2009, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
guys, any idea whats the meaning of a code "048" from the PDT2000/3000?. Got this error massage when did diagnostic on the TCU. Service Center also dont know the meaning of it....( not in the manual book)

I dont know about that code too but sc supposed to know it.
If u check this thread, u can find contact no of a shop that can deal with 1.8.

I'm guessing its the solenoid valve code as the gb is not shifting and switch to safe mode.
U can get the solenoid valve from proton or get a spare shop to order it for u.
They wont keep stock as its very rare but they surely can order it for u.

On the crank sensor,it can be spotless clean but its faulty.
Some say it should be change on a 2 years interval.
I just change my dad's crank sensor when its faulty.

mas1001

Posted 30 December 2009 - 03:32 PM

mas1001

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts
some of the gear box doesn't running properly because band brake have a problem.. u can see this page about band brake.. http://www.gottransm...ic-transmission. how to repair it... http://www.scribd.co...te?autodown=pdf ..for sure the DP0 gearbox build tuft..there is lot of things to check when gearbox breaks down.

rain

Posted 01 January 2010 - 11:10 AM

rain

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
QUOTE (mas1001 @ Dec 30 2009, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
some of the gear box doesn't running properly because band brake have a problem.. u can see this page about band brake.. http://www.gottransm...ic-transmission. how to repair it... http://www.scribd.co...te?autodown=pdf ..for sure the DP0 gearbox build tuft..there is lot of things to check when gearbox breaks down.

Thanks alot bro, I found the information very helpfull. Is there more that you can share with me?.......Btw, do you know where I can get a 2nd hand gearbox? Its kinda urgent.....

mas1001

Posted 05 January 2010 - 12:58 PM

mas1001

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts
[quote name='rain' date='Jan 1 2010, 11:10 AM' post='1504322']

HI,

I saw ur post on auto world regarding ur Waja 1.8. You mention that ur engine is damage and you wanted to change it. Would you be interested in selling your gearbox. Please email me ASAP your reply. thanks.......

hi...
i just said before i have problem with gear box,my engine still tip top.. gear box flip/jerk sometimes in 1st gear just to need push gently throttle..

most of parts comes euro.. i thinks better looking to ebay uk or france..last approach is junk yard in kelang..around cost
RM 3.5k for second hand.

arazakmy

Posted 09 January 2010 - 06:36 PM

arazakmy

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,905 posts
I'm still having fun ride with my waja 1.8
MY WAJA 1.8 STILL MOVING STRONG

Gunnerzz

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:06 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
Just bought 3 liter of ELF Renaultmatic D3 SYN this evening for my dad's 1.8.
Too bad they stop selling it in 2 liter pack and only make it available in 1 liter pack.
Previously 2 liter pack is priced at RM80 to highest RM85.
The 1 liter pack is priced at RM50 to highest RM60.

Only 2 shop got the ATF in Malim Jaya Melaka.
Luckily i am patience enough to wait 3 days for the ATF to arrive as if i bought it at the 1st shop,it will cost me RM60 per 1 liter bottle.
Plus,the owner of the 1st shop is kinda arrogance and i wont pay a visit to his shop anytime in the future.