Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Most fuel efficient cars in Malaysia

• Please log in to reply

rikeys

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:10 AM

rikeys

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,391 posts
waja max is 60L
gunner claims 57L for 827km = 14.5km/L = 6.9L/100km
khimfoh claims 14km/L = 7.1L/100km and 17km/L = 5.9L/100km

3. Proton Savvy LITE - 5.7L/100km (close to khimfoh means they took highway and cruise mode not mix 50%city/50%highway)
The combined statistics was derived as a weighted average of the urban and highway fuel consumption figures. ????

Modified Persona IAFM Auto clocked 590km (120-180) / 40L = 14.7km/L = 6.8L/100km (highway)
Standard auto couldnt do this. more fine tuning to get more mileage later on.

Join MyFORTE: Forte Owners Club - Facebook Group now! Be part of the growing Forte family..
Bookmark this now - www.myforteclub.com

TheGunner

Posted 17 December 2008 - 08:00 AM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts

Very suprise with the achievement though, my WAJA (M) Yr2002, can only achieve 750 on full tank till the fuel indicator blink...
Maybe its beacuse I'm using 16 inch rim?
Good for those who can achieve more...save$$$

spirit36, if your warning light comes out at only 750km, that's actually very good 16" rims or not. when i did that 827km run, my warning light also came out at abt 700km. mind you, i am running on stock 15" rims
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

rikeys

Posted 17 December 2008 - 11:10 AM

rikeys

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,391 posts

spirit36, if your warning light comes out at only 750km, that's actually very good 16" rims or not. when i did that 827km run, my warning light also came out at abt 700km. mind you, i am running on stock 15" rims

warning lights comes at 80km left in tank how yours came at 700km and u got 827km is out of explaination.
for persona lights comes at 80km left in meter but actual till koreng kontang is 50km.

Join MyFORTE: Forte Owners Club - Facebook Group now! Be part of the growing Forte family..

TheGunner

Posted 17 December 2008 - 02:36 PM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts

warning lights comes at 80km left in tank how yours came at 700km and u got 827km is out of explaination.
for persona lights comes at 80km left in meter but actual till koreng kontang is 50km.

rikeys, for town driving, the usual range my car gets is 600km (extrapolated figure). The warning light comes on when the trip meter reads abt 500km give or take 20km.

when I did my 827km run, I was driving mostly on highway conditions, averaging 110kph for almost the entire leg which would definitely stretch the range of the car. when I saw that the light came on past the 700km mark, i knew there was a good chance my car can reach KL without refuelling.

for the last 50-80km of the journey, i drove with all my electrics off.
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

rikeys

Posted 17 December 2008 - 02:56 PM

rikeys

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,391 posts
"for the last 50-80km of the journey, i drove with all my electrics off."

alamak you measure mileage like this ah no wonder you're getting higher
try on all like any normal person would or try max cold aircon.

in town driving 2 styles
1. slow & steady
2. rev redline every traffic light

then you will know your actual min & max distance with aircon on.

TheGunner

Posted 17 December 2008 - 03:00 PM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
hahaha.... I was not measuring for daily usage, I was trying to accomplish the feat of driving KL-S'pore and back with one tank.

tell you... after i pass Nilai that time... quite nervous also laugh.gif
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

rikeys

Posted 17 December 2008 - 03:35 PM

rikeys

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,391 posts

hahaha.... I was not measuring for daily usage, I was trying to accomplish the feat of driving KL-S'pore and back with one tank.

tell you... after i pass Nilai that time... quite nervous also laugh.gif

just make sure u got extra 10bucks of spare fuel in booth lar when u try that!

Magna

Posted 20 December 2008 - 10:25 AM

Magna

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 803 posts
Me driving my forfour 1.5L hitting 15-16km/l easy for mainly urban drive. LDP, Sg Besi, Puchong etc. Somemore rempit lagi.

My highest thus far is this month. I'm expecting to hit 750km with 43L. My tank is 47L. Now meter show 560KM, with 300 remaining. I expect it to hit 750 when the fuel warning kicks in.

This give me average 17km/l. I want to see those car hit this rate on the route I drive....

Even on LDP as traffic built up, averaging 60-70km/h, I have hit as good as 22km/l or 4.6L/100KM. Not realistic as its per trip basis. I'm averaging 6L/100km every refill.

A lot depends on the driver....