Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Car Shampoo Review

• Please log in to reply

Posted 07 May 2010 - 08:54 PM

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 748 posts
QUOTE (ey11684 @ May 7 2010, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bringing a big bag to carry my stuff smile_wink.gif . But a bit worried about customs on the way back in to Penang. My liter size bottles of Menz will look like little rockets in the scanner.

Let's pray for it smile_approve.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 07 May 2010 - 08:56 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (2322 @ May 7 2010, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let's pray for it smile_approve.gif

Just open and show them....ha! ha!
Not as bad when I went to Bangkok for inter games with my office there.
I was in bowling and imagine what shows up in the scanner. Even the officer got a fright and move away, then ask me to open the bag....kekekekekeke smile_big.gif smile_big.gif

mubull

Posted 11 May 2010 - 12:34 PM

mubull

Tokyo Drifter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,385 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ May 7 2010, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just open and show them....ha! ha!
Not as bad when I went to Bangkok for inter games with my office there.
I was in bowling and imagine what shows up in the scanner. Even the officer got a fright and move away, then ask me to open the bag....kekekekekeke smile_big.gif smile_big.gif

Those day and now are diff.
cheers.... Duragloss The Wet Look
www.duragloss.com.my
facebook.com/duraglossmalaysia

vr2turbo

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:59 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (mubull @ May 11 2010, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Those day and now are diff.

Now, even more strict leh....... smile_blackeye.gif but also good for safety even though inconvenient.... smile_wink.gif

ey11684

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:34 AM

ey11684

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 569 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ May 12 2010, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now, even more strict leh....... smile_blackeye.gif but also good for safety even though inconvenient.... smile_wink.gif

I got back a couple nights ago. Everyone was forced to put their bags thru the scanner at the customs check in Penang airport, but i noticed the customs officers were not even looking at the screen, they were having a laugh about something else, so all the bags just went thru the machine and everyone just grabbed and ran. Quite silly if you ask me.

Anyway, in terms of shampoo, brought back Dodo SN and Zaino Z-7.

Tried the Zaino Z-7 last night, smells like primary school canteen diluted grape drink, which isn't bad. The shampoo itself is pretty good, quite similar to DG901 but a little less foam and less colour. Cleans well and has good water sheeting, and lubricity was good as well, but to me still a bit less than Dodo Shampoos. At a normal price of RM40-RM50 for a 16oz bottle, dilution ration 1oz to 1 gallon, I can only get about 12 washes or less from one bottle (as I like to use 1.5 gallons per wash), which i find to be relatively expensive. For me, I'll stick to my Dodo BTBM.
Alvin

vx55

Posted 14 May 2010 - 12:00 PM

vx55

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 568 posts
QUOTE (ey11684 @ May 14 2010, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got back a couple nights ago. Everyone was forced to put their bags thru the scanner at the customs check in Penang airport, but i noticed the customs officers were not even looking at the screen, they were having a laugh about something else, so all the bags just went thru the machine and everyone just grabbed and ran. Quite silly if you ask me.

Anyway, in terms of shampoo, brought back Dodo SN and Zaino Z-7.

Tried the Zaino Z-7 last night, smells like primary school canteen diluted grape drink, which isn't bad. The shampoo itself is pretty good, quite similar to DG901 but a little less foam and less colour. Cleans well and has good water sheeting, and lubricity was good as well, but to me still a bit less than Dodo Shampoos. At a normal price of RM40-RM50 for a 16oz bottle, dilution ration 1oz to 1 gallon, I can only get about 12 washes or less from one bottle (as I like to use 1.5 gallons per wash), which i find to be relatively expensive. For me, I'll stick to my Dodo BTBM.

Yup, I agree with you. BTBM tops Z-7 overall smile.gif

ey11684

Posted 14 May 2010 - 04:51 PM

ey11684

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 569 posts
QUOTE (vx55 @ May 14 2010, 12:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yup, I agree with you. BTBM tops Z-7 overall smile.gif

Bro vx55, pity you didn't join us in Singapore. it was loads of fun. Maybe next time.

What's your take on BTBM vs Supernatural?
Alvin

vx55

Posted 14 May 2010 - 05:24 PM

vx55

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 568 posts
QUOTE (ey11684 @ May 14 2010, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro vx55, pity you didn't join us in Singapore. it was loads of fun. Maybe next time.

What's your take on BTBM vs Supernatural?

Yeah, I have a backlog to clear and I missed out gatherings in SG on Tuesday and tonight too, due to work sad.gif
I haven't try Supernatural yet smile.gif

ey11684

Posted 31 May 2010 - 05:21 PM

ey11684

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 569 posts
Been using Dodo SN recently. i use 6ml for 1.5gallons, i think it's about 1:1080 or something like that, although the recommended ratio is 1:1500. Not too good at the conversion game. It doesn't foam quite as much as BTBM or other shampoos, but it's really slick (slicker than almost any other shampoo i've tried) and cleans very well. Also helps the water sheet off very nicely, and is supposed to have limescale inhibitors or something in there. The 250ml bottle is good for 40-50 washes and it's so small and easy to store. The only complaint i have is the lack of smell (dunno if it's just me, but i like my car washes with fragrant smells), other than that it's truly an excellent shampoo.

Bros 2322, msk and valkjr, please do give some reviews once tried. smile_thumbup.gif
Alvin