Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Tyre Shops

• Please log in to reply

vr2turbo

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:13 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (blueciv43 @ Jun 7 2012, 07:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Need advice from the experienced forumers here.

All 4 of my car's tyres are worn out. And due to hitting a huge pothole somewhere in PJ, the left front rim was slightly dented. But the impact was hard enough to cause the tire to swell a bit on the sidewall.

I need to change all 4 tires, and perhaps repair the dented rim if possible.

Tire size is 215/45R17. I'm looking for tyres that are quiet, reasonably grippy, and can ride the puddles smoothly at reasonable speed (<80km?) during heavy rain.

Can someone recommend a reliable type shop with tiptop service that I should go to? Slight variation in price won't matter i.e. I'm willing to pay slightly more as long as the quality of service is assured. I want to walk out of the shop feeling confident that the job has been done correctly smile.gif.

Thanks.

What budget for the tyres?

For shops:-
Try Quicksave in USJ
Quick-Save Auto Boutique
No.2, USJ7/3A, Subang Jaya
47610 Selangor
Tel: 03 5636 0917 Mobile:012 2020817 (Leon)
Business Hour:
Mon - Sat 8.30am - 7.00pm

Sykt. Perkhidmatan Tayar Tiong
10, Jalan 21/19A, SEA Park,
Petaling Jaya
Tel: 019-6648305 (Mr. Wong)

vr2turbo

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:14 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (bodyglove @ Jun 6 2012, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can anyone reccomend myvi new/second hand tyre for myvi standard. Budget price. Rawang, kl, bangi. 4set

If into second hand tyres shop around the tyre shop that sells rims. Many Myvi owner would have traded in their rims and tyres, so they should have pretty new second tyres for sale.... smile_thumbup.gif

blueciv43

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:27 AM

blueciv43

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jun 7 2012, 09:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What budget for the tyres?

For shops:-
Try Quicksave in USJ
Quick-Save Auto Boutique
No.2, USJ7/3A, Subang Jaya
47610 Selangor
Tel: 03 5636 0917 Mobile:012 2020817 (Leon)
Business Hour:
Mon - Sat 8.30am - 7.00pm

Sykt. Perkhidmatan Tayar Tiong
10, Jalan 21/19A, SEA Park,
Petaling Jaya
Tel: 019-6648305 (Mr. Wong)

RM400-500 per tyre.

vr2turbo

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:46 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (blueciv43 @ Jun 7 2012, 09:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
RM400-500 per tyre.

Good budget. 215/45R17 also very common size so most tyre brand and model have.

I would recommend the GY Asy 2 tyres. All rounder in performance, grip, noise, comfort and should be within budget.
PS3 is another but not sure if both are under RM500 now. These two are Max performance tyres, so no issue on grip is wet and dry.

For comfort and quiet then there is the Yokohama V551.

You can give Leon of Quicksave a call...

bodyglove

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:31 PM

bodyglove

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jun 7 2012, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If into second hand tyres shop around the tyre shop that sells rims. Many Myvi owner would have traded in their rims and tyres, so they should have pretty new second tyres for sale.... smile_thumbup.gif

between goodyear ducaro and goodyear nct5 which one is good?

tyreguys

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:42 AM

tyreguys

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
QUOTE (blueciv43 @ Jun 7 2012, 07:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Need advice from the experienced forumers here.

All 4 of my car's tyres are worn out. And due to hitting a huge pothole somewhere in PJ, the left front rim was slightly dented. But the impact was hard enough to cause the tire to swell a bit on the sidewall.

I need to change all 4 tires, and perhaps repair the dented rim if possible.

Tire size is 215/45R17. I'm looking for tyres that are quiet, reasonably grippy, and can ride the puddles smoothly at reasonable speed (<80km?) during heavy rain.

Can someone recommend a reliable type shop with tiptop service that I should go to? Slight variation in price won't matter i.e. I'm willing to pay slightly more as long as the quality of service is assured. I want to walk out of the shop feeling confident that the job has been done correctly smile.gif.

Thanks.

Hey bro,that is a tyreshop at PJ Old Town opposite the Jalan Othman market call "AS Car Auto". I sent my car to this shop for my tyre and rim problem.This shop can fix the problem that u need.The boss was a experience tyreman.You can try it.beside that,with ur budget,i suggest u take Toyo T1S-a excellent tyre in dry and wet,silent also.

blueciv43

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:24 AM

blueciv43

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jun 7 2012, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good budget. 215/45R17 also very common size so most tyre brand and model have.

I would recommend the GY Asy 2 tyres. All rounder in performance, grip, noise, comfort and should be within budget.
PS3 is another but not sure if both are under RM500 now. These two are Max performance tyres, so no issue on grip is wet and dry.

For comfort and quiet then there is the Yokohama V551.

You can give Leon of Quicksave a call...

Thanks bro vr2turbo for the recommendation. I went to QuickSave yesterday and changed all 4 tires to Yokohama C-Drive 2. It turned out that all 4 of my rims were dented (stupid potholes smile.gif) as well, and it took them just under 2 hours to repair all.

Leon was friendly and seems to be quite knowledgeable. Quite reassuring.

Didn't get the recommended GY Asy 2 because it's not in stock, but I've been told C-Drive 2 is a good choice for comfort/grip too, not to mention cheaper price. Hope this is true as I wouldn't know any better.

All in all, I'm quite satisfied with the result. I've almost forgotten how quiet my car's ride can be with the proper rubbers fitted. The daily noise has become so ingrained in my mind that I didn't realize things can be much better until yesterday smile.gif.

Thanks again.

cfa

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:51 AM

cfa

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 833 posts
QUOTE (blueciv43 @ Jun 8 2012, 09:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks bro vr2turbo for the recommendation. I went to QuickSave yesterday and changed all 4 tires to Yokohama C-Drive 2. It turned out that all 4 of my rims were dented (stupid potholes smile.gif) as well, and it took them just under 2 hours to repair all.

Didn't get the recommended GY Asy 2 because it's not in stock, but I've been told C-Drive 2 is a good choice for comfort/grip too, not to mention cheaper price. Hope this is true as I wouldn't know any better.

All in all, I'm quite satisfied with the result. I've almost forgotten how quiet my car's ride can be with the proper rubbers fitted. The daily noise has become so ingrained in my mind that I didn't realize things can be much better until yesterday smile.gif.

Thanks again.

What was the price of the tyre. Pls update the Tyre Price List for all members benefit. Also, how much did it cost to repair your dented rims (based on per rim basis).

vr2turbo

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:18 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (bodyglove @ Jun 7 2012, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
between goodyear ducaro and goodyear nct5 which one is good?

In terms of performance then NCT5 but there are better tyres to choose from..... smile_tongue.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:22 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (blueciv43 @ Jun 8 2012, 09:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks again.

I recommend that shop because you mention you needed peace of mind on the repairs and tyre service. I had my GY Asy 2 fitted there too. Anyway, Leon is a very nice guy, and easy to talk to right? I would not say he has the cheapest price but reasonable and of course his waiting room is better then most traditional tyre shop....ha! ha! smile_big.gif