Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Effects Of Overheating On An Engine

• Please log in to reply

shabas

Posted 17 September 2009 - 04:23 PM

shabas

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
I own a Waja 1.6 year 2002. I would like to seek some advice the effect of an overheated engine. FYI, my car had engine overheating problems (more than once) some time ago due to leaking radiator, faulty thermostats. I noticed that the engine power and performance has dropped...the engine also sound very rough and lack of pick-up. Are these problems related to the overheated engines?

What are the best solutions and how much would it be?

Any advice/tips is aprreciated.

vr2turbo

Posted 17 September 2009 - 05:15 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (shabas @ Sep 17 2009, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I own a Waja 1.6 year 2002. I would like to seek some advice the effect of an overheated engine. FYI, my car had engine overheating problems (more than once) some time ago due to leaking radiator, faulty thermostats. I noticed that the engine power and performance has dropped...the engine also sound very rough and lack of pick-up. Are these problems related to the overheated engines?

looks like you have burnt your engine, since you mention it is rough, noisy and has lost it's power.
Looks like you will have to rebuilt it (overhaul)
Price depends on what has been damaged and needs to be changed....... smile_blackeye.gif

SplitFire

Posted 23 September 2009 - 09:50 PM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,878 posts
QUOTE (shabas @ Sep 17 2009, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats a bad one. Send to mech immeadiately to check & rectify to avoid further damage to other parts. Your gasket sure fried already. Sooner or later you ride will experience engine died off in the middle of the road. Engine oil might have start to comsume. Check it regularly.
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

H2O

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:14 AM

H2O

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,052 posts
"looks like you have burnt your engine, since you mention it is rough, noisy and has lost it's power.
Looks like you will have to rebuilt it (overhaul)"

I think before that ..is it should check whether got smoke coming out from exhaust pipe?

Or is it engine oil dry???

rallychamp

Posted 05 October 2009 - 06:15 PM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
to from start...

engine overheat=coolant burst off...

later result=head gasket burnt...

after that if lucky engine still can running but not 100% performance...need to replace gasket@top overhauls before it turn bads...

or a bit worse....engine over heat=distorted engine head=top overhauls+head skimming=increased power after that (pefromance upgrade due to repair works) smile_approve.gif

if not lucky....due to fried head gasket=engine oil leak into combustion chamber=engine consume oil...

even worse if engine oil dry=engine fail=full overhaul...

or similiarly worse cases when engine oil mixed with radiator coolant (due to burnt head gasket)=engine fail=full overhaul..

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)

SplitFire

Posted 06 October 2009 - 09:51 PM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,878 posts
QUOTE (rallychamp @ Oct 5 2009, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
to from start...

engine overheat=coolant burst off...

later result=head gasket burnt...

after that if lucky engine still can running but not 100% performance...need to replace gasket@top overhauls before it turn bads...

or a bit worse....engine over heat=distorted engine head=top overhauls+head skimming=increased power after that (pefromance upgrade due to repair works) smile_approve.gif

if not lucky....due to fried head gasket=engine oil leak into combustion chamber=engine consume oil...

even worse if engine oil dry=engine fail=full overhaul...

or similiarly worse cases when engine oil mixed with radiator coolant (due to burnt head gasket)=engine fail=full overhaul..

Walamak....simultaneous equation you got here... smile_big.gif smile_thumbup.gif
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire