Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Beware Of Fake Pivot Products.

• Please log in to reply

limking

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:22 AM

limking

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Apr 27 2010, 09:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Totally agree on the shop owners type of business. Just found so called original clutch pump failed in 3 months, same as non original, so I think they sold me Non Ori for Ori price only.... smile_blackeye.gif smile_blackeye.gif

If mech know the different ,then better loh can show him first & ask his opinion . I usually do that . Mostly will go to certain recommended shops by my mech to buy the stuff , if not original then go back to change / refund . smile_thumbup.gif When given the fake stuff then my mech will call them up to f*ck them up ( their company mostly took stuff from these recommended shops / asked me to buy myself coz if supplied by the comnpany the same stuff gonna cost at least 30% extra than the ones sold at the shops ) .
PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! IT'LL GET YOU THE BEST WHEN TIME IS RIGHT AND SO WILL BE THE PRICE

manfisto

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:59 AM

manfisto

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
well, you can see ppl selling the fake product openly in LY forum.

bOROi

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:52 AM

bOROi

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
QUOTE (YSW @ Apr 27 2010, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you think in reversed, what brand you will name your product when you are counterfeit maker...

It would be all car manufacturer brand or very very famous after market brand.

I like to scout for new brand but with a strong background... such as Road House, sounds like a stupid brand but it is under TRW.

I am not in this business but if I want to counterfiet big time I wouldnt use Proton brand smile_clown.gif

Myah United Rules!!!!

limking

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:23 AM

limking

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts
QUOTE (bOROi @ Apr 28 2010, 08:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am not in this business but if I want to counterfiet big time I wouldnt use Proton brand smile_clown.gif

Last time yes but not now . Nowadays counterfieters goes for branded aftermarket ones = more demand & profits $$$ .
PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! IT'LL GET YOU THE BEST WHEN TIME IS RIGHT AND SO WILL BE THE PRICE

vr2turbo

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:19 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (limking @ Apr 28 2010, 12:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If mech know the different ,then better loh can show him first & ask his opinion . I usually do that . Mostly will go to certain recommended shops by my mech to buy the stuff , if not original then go back to change / refund . smile_thumbup.gif When given the fake stuff then my mech will call them up to f*ck them up ( their company mostly took stuff from these recommended shops / asked me to buy myself coz if supplied by the comnpany the same stuff gonna cost at least 30% extra than the ones sold at the shops ) .

But counterfeit are so good nowadays cannot tell from the packing..... smile_blackeye.gif

QUOTE (bOROi @ Apr 28 2010, 08:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is where I have to disagree. Counterfeit must be easily disposed off and what is better that Proton brand as there are so many Protons in the market... smile_tongue.gif

bOROi

Posted 29 April 2010 - 06:33 AM

bOROi

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Apr 28 2010, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But counterfeit are so good nowadays cannot tell from the packing..... smile_blackeye.gif

That is where I have to disagree. Counterfeit must be easily disposed off and what is better that Proton brand as there are so many Protons in the market... smile_tongue.gif

I am talking about big time here bro....Proton only here in Malaysia, elsewhere cannot cari Makan. Furthermore I dont think I can sustain long especially my counterfeit Proton products will last longer than the originals, no shops will want to stock my products smile_tongue.gif

I also will have poblems trying to purposely design leaking rearlights, rusting body parts, faulty power windows to match the originals etc smile_clown.gif
Myah United Rules!!!!

vr2turbo

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:53 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (bOROi @ Apr 29 2010, 06:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am talking about big time here bro....Proton only here in Malaysia, elsewhere cannot cari Makan. Furthermore I dont think I can sustain long especially my counterfeit Proton products will last longer than the originals, no shops will want to stock my products smile_tongue.gif

I also will have poblems trying to purposely design leaking rearlights, rusting body parts, faulty power windows to match the originals etc smile_clown.gif

Ha! ha! that is a good one...... smile_thumbup.gif

YSW

Posted 29 April 2010 - 06:45 PM

YSW

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 864 posts
QUOTE (bOROi @ Apr 29 2010, 06:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Counterfeit auto part is one hell of engineering piece... ask anyone who is in product development... imagine trying to build a mould following exactly the real ones and trying to look for right recipe of cheapest raw material which would last for planned period of time. You cannot come out with a product that will fail instantly as these counterfeit makers will need sometime to earn back the cost of mould as well as profit.

Counterfeit is also technically challenging but just that it is bad for consumers.

I heard from ppl in the industry saying that some of these Counterfeit makers (mostly in China) had developed into some big shot contract manufacturers to those famous brand owners.

bOROi

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:36 PM

bOROi

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
QUOTE (YSW @ Apr 29 2010, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Counterfeit auto part is one hell of engineering piece... ask anyone who is in product development... imagine trying to build a mould following exactly the real ones and trying to look for right recipe of cheapest raw material which would last for planned period of time. You cannot come out with a product that will fail instantly as these counterfeit makers will need sometime to earn back the cost of mould as well as profit.

Counterfeit is also technically challenging but just that it is bad for consumers.

I heard from ppl in the industry saying that some of these Counterfeit makers (mostly in China) had developed into some big shot contract manufacturers to those famous brand owners.

Anyway....most products are produced by OEMs.....just like Proton getting supplies from third parties. Theres no poblem for these OEMs to produce more than required by the car manufacturers and then flood the rest in the market as phonies.....a case in point some CD manufactuers produced more copies of songs CDs than required by the music companies smile_blackeye.gif
Myah United Rules!!!!

vr2turbo

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:16 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (bOROi @ Apr 29 2010, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyway....most products are produced by OEMs.....just like Proton getting supplies from third parties. Theres no poblem for these OEMs to produce more than required by the car manufacturers and then flood the rest in the market as phonies.....a case in point some CD manufactuers produced more copies of songs CDs than required by the music companies smile_blackeye.gif

If they make more and flood the market but at the same quality of those supplied to the OE, then I don't mind.... smile_tongue.gif