Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Has Klang Lost The Battle Of Tyre Price War

• Please log in to reply

kapitan

Posted 25 December 2008 - 02:31 PM

kapitan

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts
What do you think about it? I really do feel as more and more shops opt to offer UHP and HP tyres, their price has come very close or even beat some very popular Klang shop pricing.

Just an example. I called Hin Leong and Ban Hooi today. F1 GSD3 @ 195/55/R15 is selling at RM220 and 210 respectively but as known to everyone, they will charge you for balancing and valves. Out of curiosity, I went to survey in Bt Caves. First shop named LS, quote me RM235. Still not satisfied, I went to the new shops behind Giants and found another GoodYear shop. The boss quote me RM220 and offer me free balancing + allignment. He even add if change all 4 tyres, he will give further discount (hehe, dont expect much la, even RM10~20 also syok la).

Why do you think the pricing of these tyres has come down so much? It used to be RM50-80 difference for UHP when you ask in Klang compared to KL. Now it seem like Klang has lost its competitiveness. Are they really that stuffed with expensive old stock?

azbro

Posted 25 December 2008 - 04:24 PM

azbro

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,861 posts
Really?, wished it happened in JB...so i no need to make a trip down to Batu Pahat to get my new tires..JB still expensive..

nazirmz

Posted 25 December 2008 - 10:30 PM

nazirmz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,625 posts
QUOTE (kapitan @ Dec 25 2008, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What do you think about it? I really do feel as more and more shops opt to offer UHP and HP tyres, their price has come very close or even beat some very popular Klang shop pricing.

Just an example. I called Hin Leong and Ban Hooi today. F1 GSD3 @ 195/55/R15 is selling at RM220 and 210 respectively but as known to everyone, they will charge you for balancing and valves. Out of curiosity, I went to survey in Bt Caves. First shop named LS, quote me RM235. Still not satisfied, I went to the new shops behind Giants and found another GoodYear shop. The boss quote me RM220 and offer me free balancing + allignment. He even add if change all 4 tyres, he will give further discount (hehe, dont expect much la, even RM10~20 also syok la).

Why do you think the pricing of these tyres has come down so much? It used to be RM50-80 difference for UHP when you ask in Klang compared to KL. Now it seem like Klang has lost its competitiveness. Are they really that stuffed with expensive old stock?

I've got my shop in Shah Alam which offer prices which are competitive to the Klang shop. So yeah I think so. Now I always go there instead of driving all the way to Klang. And best of all, their alignment and balancing is perfect and spot on.
Often wrong, never in doubt...

vr2turbo

Posted 26 December 2008 - 05:57 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (nazirmz @ Dec 25 2008, 11:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've got my shop in Shah Alam which offer prices which are competitive to the Klang shop. So yeah I think so. Now I always go there instead of driving all the way to Klang. And best of all, their alignment and balancing is perfect and spot on.

I have all along heard of Klang tyre prices, but until today have not change there before. One is call up for prices and the prices are not too far off. Last time even went there to check when officially was around Klang, but the prices are not cheap.
Maybe it is the size I am using. Maybe now the competetion for business is just to great....

rdgs,

bob

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:55 PM

bob

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts
QUOTE (nazirmz @ Dec 25 2008, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

which part of shah alam & the shop name ???

vr2turbo

Posted 31 December 2008 - 06:27 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (bob @ Dec 31 2008, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
which part of shah alam & the shop name ???

Not sure which one he means, but can try the Tyre shop post for some contacts...

rdgs,