Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

New Captiva

• Please log in to reply

luvcar

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:36 AM

luvcar

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
Hi,

Anyone knows when the new Captiva will surface in Malaysia? It was shown in the Geneva Motorshow last year, together with the Peugeot 5008. Now, the 5008 already here but Captiva still not yet? Haizzz......

jayraptor

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:41 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (luvcar @ Jan 21 2011, 09:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

Anyone knows when the new Captiva will surface in Malaysia? It was shown in the Geneva Motorshow last year, together with the Peugeot 5008. Now, the 5008 already here but Captiva still not yet? Haizzz......

The new Captiva facelift with new advanced dual VVTi already launched. Why no thread here on AW? Chevy marketing staffs given up hope already? Its 2.4L dual VVTi is superb with focus towards FC rather than performance compared to Santa Fe/Sorento 2.4L dual VVTi.

Anyway, both have more advanced engines & gearbox including FC and performance than their Japanese counterpart currently. Though Chevy is copying Lancer's styling, if copied well is acceptable. Captiva vs CRV, X-Trail & Fortuner, I'll go for Captiva.

br1

Posted 01 October 2011 - 11:28 PM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Oct 1 2011, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The new Captiva facelift with new advanced dual VVTi already launched. Why no thread here on AW? Chevy marketing staffs given up hope already? Its 2.4L dual VVTi is superb with focus towards FC rather than performance compared to Santa Fe/Sorento 2.4L dual VVTi.

Anyway, both have more advanced engines & gearbox including FC and performance than their Japanese counterpart currently. Though Chevy is copying Lancer's styling, if copied well is acceptable. Captiva vs CRV, X-Trail & Fortuner, I'll go for Captiva.

Captiva vs CRV, X-Trail & Fortuner, I'll go for Captiva.- Right Valued for money (if diesel model, petrol model is hopeless - test drive it b4 buying a petrol) - but it under Naza now, so..... service, technical support, parts? - Check 1st and let us know if they are good? b4 buying!!!

if you like a diesel SUV - wait alittle longer for the 2012 Santa Fe Diesel!!! I am waiting! and will trade in my 2 captiva diesel for it.

tazztham

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:19 PM

tazztham

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts
hi,

Seems like the new Captiva is getting a lot of good reviews from magazine. Check it out. But wait for Diesel version this year end. Petrol is still lacking the torque for pulling and climbing.

tazztham

lilbe3tle

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:54 AM

lilbe3tle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
QUOTE (br1 @ Oct 1 2011, 11:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Captiva vs CRV, X-Trail & Fortuner, I'll go for Captiva.- Right Valued for money (if diesel model, petrol model is hopeless - test drive it b4 buying a petrol) - but it under Naza now, so..... service, technical support, parts? - Check 1st and let us know if they are good? b4 buying!!!

if you like a diesel SUV - wait alittle longer for the 2012 Santa Fe Diesel!!! I am waiting! and will trade in my 2 captiva diesel for it.

wow br1, u have 2 units of capti tongue.gif

br1

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:04 AM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (lilbe3tle @ Oct 5 2011, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow br1, u have 2 units of capti tongue.gif

ya smile_tongue.gif , so far it is good and have used for more than 2+ /3+ yrs and done over 100k / 200k kms, valued for money but dealership, service and parts smile_question.gif smile_disapprove.gif so maybe will try new make - Santa Fe? Hope it is better and not worse! got to bet and depend on luck also? sometimes buy a lemon!

jayraptor

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:09 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (br1 @ Oct 1 2011, 11:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Isn't Cergazam under Naza all these while? Will Chevy does better if being placed under SIME? Tell me more about the Captiva and I'll trade info on Santa Fe.

Santa Fe's 2.2Diesel FC 11km/L mostly city driving. If traffic not that bad in city, can get 12km/L. Service interval at every 5000km at RM300 without voucher. With special voucher that is enough for 2 years or more depends on how much you drive, at RM230 at every 5000km. Spare parts wise, SIME Hyundai seems to have more spare parts than Naza Kia. Also, Hyundai sub to many franchise holders and sub-SC that you get to send to more places for service especially after warranty ends. For Kia, I will send to these Hyundai sub-SC for service rather than to Naza's center that often did not tighten the bolts correctly. If cruising, the Santa Fe could achieve 14-15km/L, almost similar to Forte 1.6's FC.

How about your Captiva? Please share, more people know, better. Can improve sales better than sellman

emersonsmi

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:32 AM

emersonsmi

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
Is the Captiva will be an import from united states or made by GM Daewoo of Korea? I've been seeing a lot of those is it just a re-badge Winstorm?

br1

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:01 PM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (emersonsmi @ Apr 28 2012, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is the Captiva will be an import from united states or made by GM Daewoo of Korea? I've been seeing a lot of those is it just a re-badge Winstorm?

Assembled in Thailand, Nothing to do with US GM, just name only
Motori engine Italy, Aishin Transmission Japan, Bosch fuel injector Germany

Black16V

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:52 PM

Black16V

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
Hi,

For Korean market it is known as Daewoo Winstrom, Australian Market as Holden Captiva, German market as Opel Antara and Global market as Chevrolet Captiva.

It has been approaching 3 years of ownership of this BM (term that Captivians describe their captiva) and so far so good. No major issue with this BM. Mine already clocked 109k km. Parts changed during warranty - front absorber, front disc brake, EGR valve and steering rack. The rest only servicing at every 10k km using semi-syntatic oil. Not even a single bulb has been change and the brake pad still good since new.

Initially, when the ownership was under Cergazam, the parts are hardly to get some took even 1 year like my absorber. But now after Naza took over it seem to improve. The mechanics are well equip and quite knowledgeable. Mine service by Alma branch, Penang.

Since now the BM already out of warranty cover, soliciting part are much easy as I can always get it from Chevrolet Hadyai. And it's a lot much cheaper as compared here.

What I can describe the Captiva is a beautiful, reliable, powerful and economy.

Regards