Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Exora Bold Engine Sound Question

• Please log in to reply

leongts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:39 PM

leongts

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
QUOTE (ntc2000 @ Feb 7 2012, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
after chg lub also same problem... SC mech still cant find the real cause.

I don't think its the lube problem. Since normal Campros don't have this noise, maybe it is unique to CFE as it was reported that CFE has a very high percentage of new components. Maybe the new design didn't retain enough lube after engine/oil pump is switched off.

My 4G92P took about 5days or above for the FS lube to settle in the oil sump and rattle like the youtube video upon cranking. Kancil 660 also took about the same; <>5days before got that noise but on SS lube. If it is really engine internal design oversight, then jialat lo.....

If it is starter problem mentioned by chargerguy, then it should be easy to solve as it won't affect long term reliability.

But then, TS's problem may not be related to the noise mentioned in the youtube videos.

cpt

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:20 PM

cpt

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
cvvt starving oil.. ask them to check intake pulley

ntc2000

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:30 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (cpt @ Feb 7 2012, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
cvvt starving oil.. ask them to check intake pulley

thank you bro. will ask them to check

ntc2000

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:34 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (leongts @ Feb 7 2012, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think its the lube problem. Since normal Campros don't have this noise, maybe it is unique to CFE as it was reported that CFE has a very high percentage of new components. Maybe the new design didn't retain enough lube after engine/oil pump is switched off.

My 4G92P took about 5days or above for the FS lube to settle in the oil sump and rattle like the youtube video upon cranking. Kancil 660 also took about the same; <>5days before got that noise but on SS lube. If it is really engine internal design oversight, then jialat lo.....

If it is starter problem mentioned by chargerguy, then it should be easy to solve as it won't affect long term reliability.

But then, TS's problem may not be related to the noise mentioned in the youtube videos.

thanks bro, will ask them to check... 2 JB CFE kena this issue... mine touchwood, so far so good.

ckwg

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:43 AM

ckwg

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
QUOTE (dabdab @ Feb 6 2012, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
once i drove friends flx cvt . put reverse before the engine is up to operating temperature and its sounds like so. maybe the system is trying to maintain the idle repeatedly in conjunction with the load given by the transmission when the engine is still cold. vom vom is safer than voooooooom that it might push or surge the car or extra effort on brake.

just guessing. the right answer should be well explained by proton engineer somehow.

To correct a bit. the sound I heard is like some kind of spinning sound. It does not go away even when engine is hot (after driving). I always hear this spinning sound when I put into reverse gear but brake is applied. Guess something to do with the CVT gearbox or maybe it is 'macam ini punya' for Proton.

I don't have the engine-starting sound as posted by NTC above.

So far very satisfied with exora. It feels solid when driving. Just hope this feeling last me for at least 5 years smile.gif.

ntc2000

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:11 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (ckwg @ Feb 9 2012, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To correct a bit. the sound I heard is like some kind of spinning sound. It does not go away even when engine is hot (after driving). I always hear this spinning sound when I put into reverse gear but brake is applied. Guess something to do with the CVT gearbox or maybe it is 'macam ini punya' for Proton.

I don't have the engine-starting sound as posted by NTC above.

So far very satisfied with exora. It feels solid when driving. Just hope this feeling last me for at least 5 years smile.gif.

mine dont have this kind of sound... touchwood... touchwood.

ya, very satisfied with this exora bold performance... smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

only not satisfy with that ecotint, i have install another layer to make it darker and cooler. front screen i tear it off and install IRR94% tint. Straight away can feel the difference.

ckwg

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:19 AM

ckwg

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
QUOTE (ntc2000 @ Feb 9 2012, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mine dont have this kind of sound... touchwood... touchwood.

ya, very satisfied with this exora bold performance... smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

only not satisfy with that ecotint, i have install another layer to make it darker and cooler. front screen i tear it off and install IRR94% tint. Straight away can feel the difference.

How much does your new tint cost?

byebye2u

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:50 AM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (ntc2000 @ Feb 7 2012, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
anyone got this kind of problem.... some of the member got this sound when start engine.

so far 2 CFE kena alr... still cant figure out wat happen?

mine dont have this sound.... touchwood.

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

http://www.youtube.c...eature=youtu.be

sound like knocking when the piston is dry.

ntc2000

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:21 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (ckwg @ Feb 11 2012, 12:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How much does your new tint cost?

i am tint agent.... smile.gif
when free will tear off the original tint, and whole car tint with 94% + darker it.

if u want tint, let me know... member price for u. smile.gif

aneurysm

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:15 AM

aneurysm

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts
anybody encounter engine oil leaking prob ? Few owners posted their prob in paultan.org . I plan to own one, but that leaking prob really scares me....