Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Check List To Buy Recon Car

• Please log in to reply

hsx

Posted 09 April 2011 - 04:22 PM

hsx

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
QUOTE (had @ Mar 31 2011, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi luvcar,

I just bought a second Caldina from my cousin and he bought it from Wang Selamat (owned by Mofaz). The car was in good condition, 90% like new. What I wanted to share with you was, any car you buy (new, used, or recond) it all depend on your luck. I used to have a Honda Civic 1997 in which I bought second hand as well from a direct onwer, that car give me no issue for the first 4 years (I owned for 7 years).

We as Malaysian have no choice, therefore some of us need to buy recond car in the market. As ourself sincerely, the car price in Malaysia is higher than majority white/blue collar capita per year. Local brand such as PR & PER, the price was higher interm "local made car" category. The Big Three Japanese manu H, T and N could not bring in any new Harrier, Estima, Alphard, Elgrand, All-New Wish and many more model due to it control by the AP's King. Becoz these few model are well acceptable by Malaysian market. Look at Singapore & HK, they managed to import all those new car via their official dealer.

Everyone know, Japanese built the best condition car for their local use. While their export model is not good as Japan Domestic Market also known as JDM. Everyone know how Japanese take good care of their car and how many years they permitted to use.

If we managed to support on the maintenance, FC and etc why not?

Just my sharing and no offense to anyone. I wish have a new car.

My added comment.....
Same situation for me. Bought a 2002 Estima 6 yrs ago as there is no equivalent new MPV that matches its style, size and requirement I need, so decided to get one of those AP holders car. No regret on the product as the build quality remain no match to local made car as till the day I sold (last month) physical & engine condition remain top condition despite my extensive usage of the MPV.

Again same situation few months ago where looking for another MPV that can offer me next level above Estima and none can be found in local market, except model like Elgrand, Aphard or Vellfire. So left not much choice but purchased the Vellfire, though conciously I knew that my actions will only further feed those AP holders as****** & promote breeding the AP bizness . However, again the car build & ride quality is superb and probably won't be able to find any locally that come close it.
I for one will support local distributor if they could bring those platform to this country.

My 2 cents

Cheers

hsx

pirespya

Posted 10 April 2011 - 08:27 PM

pirespya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
QUOTE (wanida @ Apr 9 2011, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what's the price for 2006 estima 2.4 basic model?

estima 2.4 2006-2009.. price starts from RM160K - RM250K.. tq..