Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Bmw 3 Series Vs Toyota Mark X

• Please log in to reply

mykenmoon

Posted 14 October 2009 - 08:08 PM

mykenmoon

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Hi all.

Been trying out a few beemers, and thinking of getting a 3 series but the Mark X looks very attractive... plus i heard these horror stories about BMW maintenance...

Not thinking about buying new as it would seem more worth it to buy a used 325. Anyway, my question would be if there's any sifu here who drives a 325, or any other 3 series who have also driven the Mark X, and what's your take about both the cars?

Happy motoring, and thanks happy.gif.

Popcorn

Posted 15 October 2009 - 11:20 PM

Popcorn

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,445 posts
QUOTE (mykenmoon @ Oct 14 2009, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all.

Been trying out a few beemers, and thinking of getting a 3 series but the Mark X looks very attractive... plus i heard these horror stories about BMW maintenance...

Not thinking about buying new as it would seem more worth it to buy a used 325. Anyway, my question would be if there's any sifu here who drives a 325, or any other 3 series who have also driven the Mark X, and what's your take about both the cars?

Happy motoring, and thanks happy.gif.

U referring to E90 or E46?

Anyway Beemer is nice to drive if u go for performance and handling.. no regrets..
Cruiser

mykenmoon

Posted 16 October 2009 - 07:17 AM

mykenmoon

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Well , i'm refering to the E90, the E46s are pre 2005 , if i got that correct . Mark -Xs 2.5 V6 ( 200+hp) are at about 150k (2005) and a used 320i 2005 is about there as well. Haven't got hold of a Mark-X to try and hence the question.

chargerguy

Posted 16 October 2009 - 08:17 AM

chargerguy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
Both in diff league. Marx X is more comfy and slightly more reliable but the parts is not cheap as well. The E90 will put a grin on ur face everytime u r trying to some stunt with it. It handles well. Besides that. Mark X looks is bit outdated as well as not as upmarket compare to Hidung Besar..kakaKAkaKKAkaKAkaKAka

Cheers

smile.gif

mykenmoon

Posted 30 October 2009 - 10:59 PM

mykenmoon

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Well, it ended up with testing the new models 323 and 325, i like the 323, it handles well enough for me, my best stunts is in the dirt and with a bike anyway, cars don't thrill me that much. BUT, the paper 191 hp is disappointing with car not responding well enough, perhaps of the lower torque. So, the 325 with the extra 34k won. With budget ballooning from an initial 100k plus, it went to the tune of 270k. Then i went surfing further... and found out that for 270k i can get a Lexus IS250. WAH. Engine was quieter, ride, aiyo, damn smooth, got powder some more..., inside nicer and more comfortable, sorry about posting in BMW thread.., then listen to the stereo, aiyo, that is pre package ice man, moh tak teng...., and then best of all, it's a TOYOTA, it's as reliable as i am going to hell... what can i say, sorryla, my cousin got X5 AND 5 series, i always see him send car to work shop, lol, i thought i can live with that too... lol. after all like women, car must take care ma.... but then again i think i'll give the UDM a pass... and enjoy the overpriced Camry...

Peace.

ikus

Posted 31 October 2009 - 11:40 AM

ikus

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 718 posts
QUOTE (mykenmoon @ Oct 30 2009, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, it ended up with testing the new models 323 and 325, i like the 323, it handles well enough for me, my best stunts is in the dirt and with a bike anyway, cars don't thrill me that much. BUT, the paper 191 hp is disappointing with car not responding well enough, perhaps of the lower torque. So, the 325 with the extra 34k won. With budget ballooning from an initial 100k plus, it went to the tune of 270k. Then i went surfing further... and found out that for 270k i can get a Lexus IS250. WAH. Engine was quieter, ride, aiyo, damn smooth, got powder some more..., inside nicer and more comfortable, sorry about posting in BMW thread.., then listen to the stereo, aiyo, that is pre package ice man, moh tak teng...., and then best of all, it's a TOYOTA, it's as reliable as i am going to hell... what can i say, sorryla, my cousin got X5 AND 5 series, i always see him send car to work shop, lol, i thought i can live with that too... lol. after all like women, car must take care ma.... but then again i think i'll give the UDM a pass... and enjoy the overpriced Camry...

Peace.

Mark Levinson Audio System
Mr. Romeo

mykenmoon

Posted 31 October 2009 - 10:46 PM

mykenmoon

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
I thought it was called Ken Levitation Audio System, i closed my eyes, listened and thought i float already...

AE111GT

Posted 05 November 2009 - 02:21 PM

AE111GT

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts
Hi
Just to add. The real BMW is 325. 320 is slow and it is pointless to get a BMW which is slow. "All show no Go"
E90 is a nice car but if you are not willing to baby the car and spend alot of $$ then I suggest look else where.
If you are looking for comfort then look else where as well. BMW are tuned for handling. Firm ride hence the tag line
"sheer driving pleasure"

Lexus IS250 is a real beauty. If you are lucky enough to buy one I suggest go for it. The suspension is tuned for
semi sport\comfort but is you want more firmer ride like BMW then there is good suspension package in the market. TRD, TOMS, TEIN etc.... Mark Levinson... Well you get what you paid for.... period.....

So at the end it all boils down to what is more important to you :

1) Heritage, Badge Value and Image that has the wow factor OR
2) Quality, Reliability and Durability to give peace of mind motoring.

Both are good choices with different priorty.

mykenmoon

Posted 07 November 2009 - 06:08 PM

mykenmoon

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Aye, you're quite right.

Anyway, here's something to watch. ^ ^

Lol, hold on to your eye balls, captain.

Peace.

jsee2008

Posted 22 December 2009 - 10:00 AM

jsee2008

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
QUOTE (AE111GT @ Nov 5 2009, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi
Just to add. The real BMW is 325. 320 is slow and it is pointless to get a BMW which is slow. "All show no Go"
E90 is a nice car but if you are not willing to baby the car and spend alot of $$ then I suggest look else where.
If you are looking for comfort then look else where as well. BMW are tuned for handling. Firm ride hence the tag line
"sheer driving pleasure"

Lexus IS250 is a real beauty. If you are lucky enough to buy one I suggest go for it. The suspension is tuned for
semi sport\comfort but is you want more firmer ride like BMW then there is good suspension package in the market. TRD, TOMS, TEIN etc.... Mark Levinson... Well you get what you paid for.... period.....

So at the end it all boils down to what is more important to you :

1) Heritage, Badge Value and Image that has the wow factor OR
2) Quality, Reliability and Durability to give peace of mind motoring.

Both are good choices with different priorty.