Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Nissan Sylphy Impul

• Please log in to reply

hwk

Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:38 AM

hwk

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
wow... look very nice but...
Nissan Sylphy tuned by Impul 2.0 Comfort RM123,900
Nissan Sylphy tuned by Impul 2.0 Luxury RM127,900

Popcorn

Posted 19 June 2009 - 05:53 PM

Popcorn

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,445 posts
Nice and cool.. Looks more aggresive...

Just wait few more months then Nissan will have FOC Impul bodykit and the rims... newly launched sure full price just like the Sentra, Latio and the Livina... now all FOC such bodykits..

Am hoping that they wud remap the ECU to hit 150ps with the MR20 engine then this will make the price attractive...
Cruiser

super123

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:53 PM

super123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
QUOTE (Popcorn @ Jun 19 2009, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just wait few more months then Nissan will have FOC Impul bodykit and the rims... newly launched sure full price just like the Sentra, Latio and the Livina... now all FOC such bodykits..

Am hoping that they wud remap the ECU to hit 150ps with the MR20 engine then this will make the price attractive...

bro,

Grand Livina comes with FOC bodykits? I heard some even come with FOC tinting too. Can confirm?

SplitFire

Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:15 PM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,878 posts
Not bad. smile_tongue.gif
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

fkmfkm

Posted 21 June 2009 - 06:11 PM

fkmfkm

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
QUOTE (Popcorn @ Jun 19 2009, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

150ps ? hard lah...murano 2.5 only giving 130++ (real dyno)

Popcorn

Posted 21 June 2009 - 08:47 PM

Popcorn

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,445 posts
QUOTE (fkmfkm @ Jun 21 2009, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
150ps ? hard lah...murano 2.5 only giving 130++ (real dyno)

Well Impul din try to re-tuned the ECU... sigh. Anyway though 133ps on engine car able to stop century sprint in 10s.. not bad..
Cruiser

fkmfkm

Posted 21 June 2009 - 10:09 PM

fkmfkm

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
QUOTE (Popcorn @ Jun 21 2009, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well Impul din try to re-tuned the ECU... sigh. Anyway though 133ps on engine car able to stop century sprint in 10s.. not bad..

2.5 liter 133 ps not bad ??? on paper its like 180 i think, but real only 133 ...retune probably u get 145 only...

jayraptor

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:03 AM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (Popcorn @ Jun 21 2009, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Impul doesn't re-tune stock ECU. They provide own custom ECU giving better sprint than 10s but that Impul ECU alone isn't cheap. Heard Sylphy for Taiwan version cold do sprint in 10s.

Even with Impul suspension, it could improve Sylphy's performance a little making it little slightly comparable to cars that have built in good handling characteristics like Mazda 3, Civic, Lancer, etc. Maybe just comparable to Altis. Without the Impul suspension, Sylphy's handling is behind Altis, maybe with it, it's just close to Altis and not the other 3 cars.

Just like Impul Latio, with lowered height and Impul suspension, it could just barely challenge those with multi-link and good handling but still can't get close.

Also, there's been rumors that Altis 2.0V is coming, it has dual VVT-i. Maybe Sylphy finally gets to challenge proper Altis 2.0L more fair fight instead of challenging 1.8L Altis. See whether Altis 2.0V could beat Sylphy's city FC of 9.0-9.4Km/L. Dual VVT-i vs C-VTC (intake only).

If Altis 2.0V selling price set at RM128k, Sylphy Impul at RM126k is more closer match. Who will win?

Popcorn

Posted 22 June 2009 - 11:00 AM

Popcorn

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,445 posts
Well since Sylphy is comfort tuned as a family car... not surprising handling so-so only...

The engine 133ps mated with X-CVT is for smooth driving good pick-up (minimal transmission loss in power) and good FC... not a performance tuned sedan.

Anyway for ALtis... Dual-Vvti.. these engine option is out is overseas market but not here.. impressive piece of technology on paper matching Honda's performance via their i-VTEC.. FC wise unsure.

2 things lacking for the new Altis.. steering no sense of direction in high speed (EPS too light, suit town driving) and looks damn uncle!
Cruiser

fkmfkm

Posted 22 June 2009 - 08:48 PM

fkmfkm

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
QUOTE (Popcorn @ Jun 22 2009, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well since Sylphy is comfort tuned as a family car... not surprising handling so-so only...

The engine 133ps mated with X-CVT is for smooth driving good pick-up (minimal transmission loss in power) and good FC... not a performance tuned sedan.

Anyway for ALtis... Dual-Vvti.. these engine option is out is overseas market but not here.. impressive piece of technology on paper matching Honda's performance via their i-VTEC.. FC wise unsure.

2 things lacking for the new Altis.. steering no sense of direction in high speed (EPS too light, suit town driving) and looks damn uncle!

the 130++hp i mean is for murano 2.5