Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Cross Touran On The Road

• Please log in to reply

dextromth

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:08 PM

dextromth

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
hi everyone..
am very happy to find a few more CT geng here..
been driving it for the last 6 months or so..
haiiisshhhhh...always the same pleasure like 1st time test drive

smile_cool.gif

stsum

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:12 PM

stsum

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
QUOTE (dextromth @ Sep 25 2012, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi everyone..
am very happy to find a few more CT geng here..
been driving it for the last 6 months or so..
haiiisshhhhh...always the same pleasure like 1st time test drive

smile_cool.gif

hi CT driver,
just have my CT clatch pad changed since jerking problem.
now drive like flying carpet.

kkgooi

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:32 PM

kkgooi

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
I'm planing to buy CT any CT user can share the information about the maintenance charges, FC and etc??

kc8ch

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:27 PM

kc8ch

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 370 posts
QUOTE (stsum @ Oct 12 2012, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi CT driver,

Hi CT owner, i have been reading a lot of posting regarding this DSG issues(jerking, juddering, g/b malfunction), and the car halted; need to get the clutch pad replace, etc... To me, it sounds like "sure happen". Could you guys/gals share your experience so far if you have/haven't had this DSG issue with your ride? I well aware of "scare dun buy - buy dun scare" theory, but it is still my dilemma to make the go for CT! Other than this, i'm really fine with this car. Appreciate your piece of info!

fooyc

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:33 PM

fooyc

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,573 posts
My 2 cents. VW marque in MY is relatively new. To obtain substantial user data is nigh high impossible, or should I say, insufficient data to establish a quality statistics. Best research on world wide forum, or the closest to us is Singapore end.

To me, the DSG issue is nearly like sure to happen, it's only a matter of when or in what situation you will be trapped in.

But what measures we taken to reduce the severity of the incident or how prudent we are in checking the symptom which I think will somewhat reduce the impact to the user. Buy with a pre set expectation and manage it accordingly.

For me, I buy it for my wife to ferry the kids, the main priority is safety and decent comfort level. Reliability yes, but not on the top of the list, we know it will fail somehow, or something will go wrong. Indeed, new delivery already given me two issues, took nearly two months to fix it, but we came off expecting it, hence, not terribly pissed off smile_tongue.gif

I'm not a salesman, convincing people to buy a VW is not really my forte. All I can say is, manage your expectation, and drive. I can see my wife smiling every time she drives it, while I stuck in my 9 years old Japanese junk. smile_big.gif
Please don't PM me.

kc8ch

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:31 AM

kc8ch

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 370 posts
QUOTE (fooyc @ Oct 22 2012, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My 2 cents. VW marque in MY is relatively new. To obtain substantial user data is nigh high impossible, or should I say, insufficient data to establish a quality statistics. Best research on world wide forum, or the closest to us is Singapore end.

To me, the DSG issue is nearly like sure to happen, it's only a matter of when or in what situation you will be trapped in.

But what measures we taken to reduce the severity of the incident or how prudent we are in checking the symptom which I think will somewhat reduce the impact to the user. Buy with a pre set expectation and manage it accordingly.

For me, I buy it for my wife to ferry the kids, the main priority is safety and decent comfort level. Reliability yes, but not on the top of the list, we know it will fail somehow, or something will go wrong. Indeed, new delivery already given me two issues, took nearly two months to fix it, but we came off expecting it, hence, not terribly pissed off smile_tongue.gif

I'm not a salesman, convincing people to buy a VW is not really my forte. All I can say is, manage your expectation, and drive. I can see my wife smiling every time she drives it, while I stuck in my 9 years old Japanese junk. smile_big.gif

Right. Fair enough.

dextromth

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:50 PM

dextromth

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
QUOTE (stsum @ Oct 12 2012, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi CT driver,

shot..than i need to complain bout that too..thought it was normal..
CT would jerk a bit especially in jem or climbing..man..need to change the clutch pad eh..

darvic76

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:04 PM

darvic76

6th Gear

• Members
  • 6 posts
Hi, anyone has modified their AV system for cross touran. I would like to upgrade to 2 n1 DVD, GPS, WIFI, Internet, Bluetooth player for my CT. Anyone can advice where i can get this done in KL and how much?

cute_boboi

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:13 PM

cute_boboi

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,883 posts
QUOTE (darvic76 @ Oct 30 2012, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, anyone has modified their AV system for cross touran. I would like to upgrade to 2 n1 DVD, GPS, WIFI, Internet, Bluetooth player for my CT. Anyone can advice where i can get this done in KL and how much?

Generally there is 2 path to go about this for VW cars:
1) Stick with plug and play players. No cutting/splicing. Can always swap back to OEM player if claim warranty within 5 years.
2) or, Anything also can. Don't care if need to cut/splice the wires. However, it will void warranty claim affecting this part.

I know the above is too general, but I guess have to decide which path first, do you mind to fore-go the part-warranty or not ?

"When Columbus started out he didn`t know where he was going. When he got there he didn`t know where he was and when he got back he didn`t know where he had been." - Anonymous

darvic76

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:44 PM

darvic76

6th Gear

• Members
  • 6 posts
QUOTE (cute_boboi @ Oct 30 2012, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Generally there is 2 path to go about this for VW cars:
1) Stick with plug and play players. No cutting/splicing. Can always swap back to OEM player if claim warranty within 5 years.
2) or, Anything also can. Don't care if need to cut/splice the wires. However, it will void warranty claim affecting this part.

I know the above is too general, but I guess have to decide which path first, do you mind to fore-go the part-warranty or not ?

I would like to stick point 1 to claim warranty if anything happens. Do you know of any units out there available ?