Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Tyre Shops

• Please log in to reply

sa6558v

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:44 PM

sa6558v

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
Hi guys,

May I know any tire shop which is good in doing on-wheel balancing? I am staying KL area.

Thank you very much smile.gif

jie103

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:14 PM

jie103

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts
Just some sharing about this morning
Done my alignment and chamber adjustment at ss14 Tek Meng tyre shop beside Bhp today...
Total damage was RM100 (alignment and chamber adjust only) I dont purchase chamber nut from them....they charged me unreasonable price and the service was bad
I was their loyal customer since 2-3 years back
so anyone who intend to go there for alignment pls be aware!

Alignment RM35
Chamber adjustment for 1 side RM25
In addition if you would like to purchase a chamber nuts they will charge RM65 per nut,better quality RM95, the actual costs for one nut is below RM10 only

vr2turbo

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:34 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (jie103 @ Jun 18 2014, 12:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just some sharing about this morning
Done my alignment and chamber adjustment at ss14 Tek Meng tyre shop beside Bhp today...
Total damage was RM100 (alignment and chamber adjust only) I dont purchase chamber nut from them....they charged me unreasonable price and the service was bad
I was their loyal customer since 2-3 years back
so anyone who intend to go there for alignment pls be aware!

Alignment RM35
Chamber adjustment for 1 side RM25
In addition if you would like to purchase a chamber nuts they will charge RM65 per nut,better quality RM95, the actual costs for one nut is below RM10 only

If you have the camber nuts already, why they ask you to purchase camber nuts some more?

jie103

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:34 AM

jie103

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jun 18 2014, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you have the camber nuts already, why they ask you to purchase camber nuts some more?

I never get any chamber nuts before, they can adjust it without adding chamber nuts but they resist. After that I went for another tyre shop and they charge RM30 for alignment, end up I paid RM30 and everything is done.

vr2turbo

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:14 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (jie103 @ Jun 19 2014, 01:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I never get any chamber nuts before, they can adjust it without adding chamber nuts but they resist. After that I went for another tyre shop and they charge RM30 for alignment, end up I paid RM30 and everything is done.

Your car can adjust camber? Usually front cannot adjust, some for rear can adjust....

irony

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:30 PM

irony

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jun 19 2014, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your car can adjust camber? Usually front cannot adjust, some for rear can adjust....

some cars (or maybe ones with aftermarket shocks) have elongated hole that allows camber to be adjusted using normal bolts smile_tongue.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:37 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (irony @ Jun 19 2014, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
some cars (or maybe ones with aftermarket shocks) have elongated hole that allows camber to be adjusted using normal bolts smile_tongue.gif

As far as I know, his one is standard suspension.... smile_tongue.gif
To me elongated hole not too good as might not hold if heavy shock.... smile_blackeye.gif

jie103

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:53 PM

jie103

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jun 19 2014, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

my car is stock suspension and front cant adjust,so they ask me to purchase chamber nut...
but the problem is why other tyre shop can fix it without purchase chamber nut

vr2turbo

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:50 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (jie103 @ Jun 19 2014, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my car is stock suspension and front cant adjust,so they ask me to purchase chamber nut...
but the problem is why other tyre shop can fix it without purchase chamber nut

Cannot comment without knowing the camber figures. Default have a reading, anything out slightly is ok and can be countered by alignment. However if the reading out by a lot then will need the camber nut. Other then camber nut, then will need to remove suspension to hydraulic pump it back. This method take more time that is why many opt for camber nut which is much faster. But the thing is many use this ploy to make more money. Not out also say need camber out.... smile_blackeye.gif

irony

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:58 AM

irony

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
Normally, for most standard absorber with standard springs, there is no need to adjust camber. tolerance between 0° 20' is acceptable. This is where con job comes into play. they will ask you to buy camber bolts (plus overpriced labor cost for adjustment).

Only for lowered suspension (springs or adjustable), camber may need to be adjusted.