Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Honda Civic Hybrid

• Please log in to reply

henry7774

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:19 AM

henry7774

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
Is there any expert out there to give some genuine opinion about this Hybrid baby???
How is the power with 1.3L compare to 1.8? I was told by a so-call salesgirl that 1.3L is similar with 1.8L, smile_big.gif not sure is true or not...

If there is an owner, please let us know your driving experience and how you feel it in?
is the FC really that great and will save money?

how about the maintainance? is it a very complicated engine that required special knowledge SC on the hybrid engine? is it expensive?

I love this car as this is concerning about environment but I also need to know how is the performance! Safety and driving pleasure and service fee are the major concern here!

there is a new model of Honda Hybrid coming soon 2010! is it true?

Anyone could provide the info, many thx here!

Attached Thumbnails

• environment_header.jpg

henry7774

Posted 01 December 2009 - 02:42 PM

henry7774

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
Pengsan la.... No hybrid owners or SA ??? comp26.gif

jacksung

Posted 05 December 2009 - 07:24 PM

jacksung

6th Gear

• Members
  • 6 posts
QUOTE (henry7774 @ Nov 29 2009, 01:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is there any expert out there to give some genuine opinion about this Hybrid baby???
How is the power with 1.3L compare to 1.8? I was told by a so-call salesgirl that 1.3L is similar with 1.8L, smile_big.gif not sure is true or not...

If there is an owner, please let us know your driving experience and how you feel it in?
is the FC really that great and will save money?

how about the maintainance? is it a very complicated engine that required special knowledge SC on the hybrid engine? is it expensive?

I love this car as this is concerning about environment but I also need to know how is the performance! Safety and driving pleasure and service fee are the major concern here!

there is a new model of Honda Hybrid coming soon 2010! is it true?

Anyone could provide the info, many thx here!

The power at low speed is very good, better than 1.8L, but at high speed, it is more like 1.6L. This is because the electric motor can give full torque from 0rpm. It is a very quiet car, more quiet than the other civics. Maintenance cost is the same as other civic, becoz' the hybrid system does not require maintenance. Only change parts if spoilt. I think there will be a new civic model by 2011. For fuel consumption, I'm getting 16 to 18km/L. Long distance can easily get 20-21km/L. Manufacturer's claim is 21.7km/L, but I think quite difficult to get this.

henry7774

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:08 AM

henry7774

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
QUOTE (jacksung @ Dec 5 2009, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The power at low speed is very good, better than 1.8L, but at high speed, it is more like 1.6L. This is because the electric motor can give full torque from 0rpm. It is a very quiet car, more quiet than the other civics. Maintenance cost is the same as other civic, becoz' the hybrid system does not require maintenance. Only change parts if spoilt. I think there will be a new civic model by 2011. For fuel consumption, I'm getting 16 to 18km/L. Long distance can easily get 20-21km/L. Manufacturer's claim is 21.7km/L, but I think quite difficult to get this.

thank u for sharing trink39.gif
you are happy with it! hehe

TheGunner

Posted 03 January 2010 - 12:25 PM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
Recently, we got hold of a Civic Hybrid test car from Honda Malaysia.

Here's our test drive report: Honda Civic Hybrid: Answer to our woes?

YS also drove one in Australia back in March. He shares his views here: Down Under With The Honda Civic Hybrid
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

Jumpman23

Posted 03 January 2010 - 11:26 PM

Jumpman23

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts
The cost of replacing the battery units, how much, will it phase out after the expired dates?

That is the main concern here because the time to get it replaced and order from Japan as there is no one else supplying the battery unit. Is like a charger.

Will the 2nd hand value bad compare to Civic 2.0 consider that the battery is been used for some years.

Cost wise and practical sense?

fkmfkm

Posted 03 January 2010 - 11:30 PM

fkmfkm

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
QUOTE (Jumpman23 @ Jan 3 2010, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The cost of replacing the battery units, how much, will it phase out after the expired dates?

That is the main concern here because the time to get it replaced and order from Japan as there is no one else supplying the battery unit. Is like a charger.

Will the 2nd hand value bad compare to Civic 2.0 consider that the battery is been used for some years.

and how green is it compared to diesel ?

TheGunner

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:26 AM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts

I believe Honda Malaysia would definitely keep available stocks for replacing the batteries, but you are right in pointing out that the costs could potentially be higher.

2nd hand value can only judge as time go on, but when the price gets forced up again come Dec 2010, you might even make a profit selling the Hybrid, because a brand new one would cost RM160k!
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

HC2iVTEC

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:48 AM

HC2iVTEC

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 450 posts
QUOTE (TheGunner @ Jan 4 2010, 09:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I believe Honda Malaysia would definitely keep available stocks for replacing the batteries, but you are right in pointing out that the costs could potentially be higher.

2nd hand value can only judge as time go on, but when the price gets forced up again come Dec 2010, you might even make a profit selling the Hybrid, because a brand new one would cost RM160k!

Cost of the whole set of battery packs could set u back > RM 10k..... but the batteries are expected to last > 10 years.

The Power Of Dreams is what you make of it.

TheGunner

Posted 04 January 2010 - 12:06 PM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
QUOTE (fkmfkm @ Jan 3 2010, 11:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and how green is it compared to diesel ?

My personal choice would be diesel. I got 13.8km/l in the 520d with some pretty hard driving, and 9.5km/l in the 730Ld with even harder driving. The Civic Hybrid returned 13.3km/l despite being driven sedately almost the entire time I had the car.

However, a note of caution is that our Euro 2M standard diesel still has pretty high sulphur content, and hence, whatever green promises held by diesels in Europe do not apply here.

Nevertheless, it should also be noted that our petrol is similarly unrefined. This gives the latest generation of direct injection engines from Europe a lot of problems. A good example is the upcoming F10 BMW 5-series, where the new 3.0-litre direct injection straight six engine will not be usable here for the time being.
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner