Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Hyundai Santa Fe 2011 Model

• Please log in to reply

bteong0

Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:44 AM

bteong0

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
Just received my Santa Fe 2.2 CRDI yesterday. Waited about 2.5 months.
I just love the way it pushes me to the sit when I accelerate.

I was driving it for the first time, at night, and drizzling (very minimum). When reached home, notice water vapor inside the headlight. ( will post pic later)

Anyone has the same problem?

hongkie123

Posted 09 March 2011 - 05:22 PM

hongkie123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
bteong0,

How's your drive? Hope you can post more info on what to expect from this FL Santa Fe.
Also, any freebies you're getting? Other than the iPhone 4.

I am getting mine this month but SA don wanna confirm date. So, can say still hatching egg.

mulli

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:51 AM

mulli

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
congrats on the new ride.

test drove it last week... love the torque!

bteong0

Posted 10 March 2011 - 11:03 AM

bteong0

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
QUOTE (hongkie123 @ Mar 9 2011, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bteong0,

How's your drive? Hope you can post more info on what to expect from this FL Santa Fe.
Also, any freebies you're getting? Other than the iPhone 4.

I am getting mine this month but SA don wanna confirm date. So, can say still hatching egg.

Car built is solid, and the drive was wonderful. Because it is so powerful, I don't feel any lag when I try to do pick up. the car hit to 120 to 130km/h without me realizing it. I took some time learn to control this beast. If you dont get it, Just imagine an elephant running like a cheetah!

I am still trying to figure out if this car has front sensor. The rear sensor notification is kinda loud if you are sitting on the middle and last row. The usb/aux port is not as what u seen on the brochure, the cables are inside the front passenger compartment. The A/v comes with Papago GPS system. It was told by passengers that the ride is bumpy, but I dont feel it at all. It is a very comfortable car for me. ( but dont compare to Q7 or X5 lah... )

Regarding the Iphone4, the dealer told us that Digi will send a letter to us directly. Will keep you updated on this. Gotta a feeling this is just a scam!

No freebies too. Because my dealer was a scumbag. Before you book the car, promised A-Z. When you collect the car, "ah, we are just a small dealer, and hyundai did not offer freebies". He totally ignored the Iphone4 as if there was no such deal.

Planning to tint my car.?
any brand to recommend? and price?

bluesky69

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:08 AM

bluesky69

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts
hi bteong0,

have u tried the GPS search? is it user friendly? Is it easy to search for your destination?

Thanks for sharing and congrats for ur new baby.

BTW, what color is ur car?

lengchai99

Posted 11 March 2011 - 01:03 PM

lengchai99

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

i did not notice the vapor although been driving seen cny.

the ride is not as comfort for rear passengers.

yeah, been waiting for the iphone also.

cheers,
wps

bteong0

Posted 11 March 2011 - 02:47 PM

bteong0

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
QUOTE (bluesky69 @ Mar 11 2011, 07:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi bteong0,

have u tried the GPS search? is it user friendly? Is it easy to search for your destination?

Thanks for sharing and congrats for ur new baby.

BTW, what color is ur car?

Yeah, It is easy to search.
My car is white. Why do you ask about color? haha.

Is papago, and is easy to use. But, dont do it while driving. It is quite distracting and dangerous. (this applies to any touchscreen in car entertainment ~)

bteong0

Posted 11 March 2011 - 02:57 PM

bteong0

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
QUOTE (lengchai99 @ Mar 11 2011, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i did not notice the vapor although been driving seen cny.

the ride is not as comfort for rear passengers.

yeah, been waiting for the iphone also.

cheers,
wps

Now, i dont notice the vapor anymore. IDrove the car tonight, and was drizzling. The vapor inside both light is back!@$@%@

Rear Seat, is for kids below 10 (i guess). The height is not enough for an adult. if you are adult sitting there, becareful when there is someone closing the tailgate.

There is some news about the iphone4.

Guess what, I called Hyundai Customer Care Line 1300-13-200 (after sales) to ask about my iphone4. They are very helpful, (unlike the sales manager that handle my booking!) I give her all info about my booking, and she couldn't find in the system. She said, the dealer did not register my info in the system and thats why up to today, i did not get any thing regarding iphone4.

When did you book your car? I book mine on 16th Jan 2011. I believe the promo is for i20 and Santa Fe and valid if you book before 31st jan 2011 ( am i right?)

You might want to call them to check too. Do share with us regarding ur iphone4 case!

Btw, tinted your car?

Thx.

bluesky69

Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:22 PM

bluesky69

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts
QUOTE (bteong0 @ Mar 11 2011, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, It is easy to search.
My car is white. Why do you ask about color? haha.

Is papago, and is easy to use. But, dont do it while driving. It is quite distracting and dangerous. (this applies to any touchscreen in car entertainment ~)

white is nice. I love it. Will go and have a test drive next sat.

bluesky69

Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:25 PM

bluesky69

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

"the ride is not as comfort for rear passengers."

Can you please elaborate a bit more? U mean both second and third row? Too bumpy?

How about the leather seat? any comment so far?