Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

My Proton Iswara Lmst - Fc Teruk

• Please log in to reply

Halem

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:34 PM

Halem

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 615 posts
QUOTE (mp420 @ Sep 13 2010, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got few frens own a LMST also. There are no problem with the car. Maybe they maintain very well. It is normal for manual gear hard to engage to reverse. I own a very old Nissan Bluebird manual trans before. It always sometimes hard to engage reverse also. Actually, every car that we bought we has been start cheated ady. smile_big.gif

LMST is very old model by P1. Dun expect too much frm this car.

The reverse gear is abit harder to engage becoz it doesn't have synchoniser like the forward gear, push the level to the reverse gear release the clucth, pull into the reverse gear again then it will engage properly.

Early 1980's Technology, Imagine same as Nissan 130Y & Toyota Corolla LE, What do we expect. smile_blackeye.gif

ayluvb3ech

Posted 23 September 2010 - 05:55 PM

ayluvb3ech

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 709 posts
dont know about u..but roughly..my satria 1.3 1998 (Fuel Injection gives me 520km) , wira 1.5 carb 1995 (gives me 530km) for every tankful of RM70... =)

mixed driving btw..50/50...

wira 1.5...if drive highway, i think can get 600km for tankful..

well both cars super well maintained..except for the rust on roof..dam protons..

Hyundai Sonata NF 2.0 (G4KA)

pengetua

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:12 PM

pengetua

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
QUOTE (alba @ Aug 18 2010, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
RM70 for 350km I think is reasonable for urban drive..
My LMST can go a little better than that, mybe 400km..
For highway drive we can clock up to 550km..

My LMST is all standard.. The carburetor is free service type, meaning not much can be done..

I hope can hear from other owners..

I agree with you, my LMST FC is respectable...Usually 70RM will last me for more than two weeks (UiTM-House) +-250km plus jln2 around 350km but highway 70RM will clocked around 550-580km. smile_cool.gif

alba

Posted 27 September 2010 - 01:44 AM

alba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
In the long run, the carb saga/iswara is more economical than its injection counterpart..
You don't worry to change the throttle body..
No need to worry if the ECU going mad..
You can also service the car anywhere, or just simply DIY..

That's just my 2 cents opinion.. that's why I stick to use carb..

Anyway the carb soon will be obsolete.. We don't have much choice other than to accept the new technology..

mentol90

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:23 AM

mentol90

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
hi, im new to this forum since i just got my saga lmst, hadiah sebab masuk universiti =P.
my lmst can go for 281.5km by RM35.70(shell ron95) only loh. from nilai, to jb. yet with 16inch rim(taiwan kot), full way air-con, and 120kmh-130kmh maintain. and2 rm1.90 per liter ==".

cww

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:34 PM

cww

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts
I'm driving 2004 LMST with all stock. Now my car is clocked 75K. I facing the same problem also. Very high FC. I try to send my car to tune the carb A/F ratio for many times but the result is the same, finally I try to tune A/F ratio myself for few times and now the FC is better. 100% town drive I can get 420KM or more per full tank. Before this I just can get 380KM maximum...huh...The high FC for LMST is came from A/F ratio....too much fuel and less air going to the carb.

whathef

Posted 08 March 2011 - 05:22 PM

whathef

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 807 posts
Those facing fuel consumption getting higher, check your air filter/ change to new one (original parts preferably).

From my experience, clogged air filter affects very much on carb car's fuel consumption as the fuel metering is fixed, unlike injection engine.

ajoiauto

Posted 05 April 2011 - 03:57 PM

ajoiauto

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
QUOTE (barry @ May 6 2010, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any good mechanics who can tune up my carb, to recommend?

hi barry....
i know a workshop which can tune your C/O...
there is a workshop in Pandan Perdana....
which able to assist you on this matter..
even my workshop also sent our customer to this workshop....

lantohsay

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:34 AM

lantohsay

6th Gear

• Members
  • 7 posts
Hi,

Solved problem? I having high fc for iswara 1.3A/B, 2001 year.

thks&regards,

ajoiauto

Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:30 PM

ajoiauto

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
QUOTE (barry @ May 5 2010, 09:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear Friends,

I recently bought one second hand unit, LMST model year 2005 from a car dealer. Condition is good, but the big problem is the terrible FC! For a full tank of RM70 (RON95 at RM1.80/litre current price) I get only about 350km with very very gentle driving mostly in town with little or no traffic jams. I believe this model should give around 450km per tankful based on the kind of driving my son (it's for him to drive to college etc).

I have tried everything I know, like replacing the stupid rear exhaust, changing the rims/tyres to 13" 165", and finally getting the carburettor serviced although I am not if the young mechanic did anything serious work on the carb. I have in mind to get rid of this thing although I will suffer a loss of a few thousand, but my son thinks that we should get a good mechanic to fix it up properly, as he prefers to drive a 'normal sized' car as opposed to a Kancil or a Viva etc.

Can anyone here please help me recommend a competent mechanic? Any suggestions please? Btw, I am in PJ area.

Thank you.

try call adam 019-6133568
workshop in kajang...
near your place...
i sent my car there for tuning carb.
so far...
everything ok already.....