Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Any Insurance Company For Cars Above 20 Years

• Please log in to reply

Newkelisa

Posted 20 July 2009 - 11:03 AM

Newkelisa

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts
Renewed my 20 years old car with Takaful Malaysia.

So far their HQ has not given any directives so they still accept 3rd party for cars above 20 years with the exception of cars made prior 1980s.
1st party only for cars 20 years old and less. Older than that only 3rd party.

Bad news is that the rates for 3rd party has gone up more than Rm100 for mine compared to what I had paid last year.

Can't complain. At least I can still use the car.

wangi

Posted 25 August 2009 - 05:24 PM

wangi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
This afternoon wanted to renew my parent car (KE20 - 34 yr old) insurance which will expire tomorrow, many insurance co. now not accept for 3rd party one. Then call up MMIP, the answer was for car more than 21 years old, need puspakom inspection and if the car owner is more than 65 year old, need medical report, OMG. Then, wanted to buy the comprehensive insurance (1st party) and to check the price, they also don't accept:smile_angry: .

Anyone has bought the insurance without puspakom inspection for old car recently? Please help.

carineoph

Posted 07 October 2009 - 10:02 AM

carineoph

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
QUOTE (Newkelisa @ Jul 20 2009, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Renewed my 20 years old car with Takaful Malaysia.

So far their HQ has not given any directives so they still accept 3rd party for cars above 20 years with the exception of cars made prior 1980s.
1st party only for cars 20 years old and less. Older than that only 3rd party.

Bad news is that the rates for 3rd party has gone up more than Rm100 for mine compared to what I had paid last year.

Can't complain. At least I can still use the car.

Hello. I called Takaful Malaysia but they said they do not accept 3rd paty insurance anymore. Which branch did you do yours anyway? Maybe I can try calling them too. I tried Uni Asia, and they want PUSPAKOM's approval..Allianz do not accept anymore 3rd party.

My car is from 1984, still running good though.

Any way of not going through the Puspakom?

ain206

Posted 07 October 2009 - 10:45 AM

ain206

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
QUOTE (carineoph @ Oct 7 2009, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello. I called Takaful Malaysia but they said they do not accept 3rd paty insurance anymore. Which branch did you do yours anyway? Maybe I can try calling them too. I tried Uni Asia, and they want PUSPAKOM's approval..Allianz do not accept anymore 3rd party.

My car is from 1984, still running good though.

Any way of not going through the Puspakom?

the post office is an agent for most insurance company....... check it up......... they will know which co accept t/party coverage but you have to comply to their requirement meaning if puspakom is require you have to get it done..... otherwise your porch will turn to museum..... we have no choice now.....

carineoph

Posted 09 October 2009 - 10:53 AM

carineoph

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
QUOTE (ain206 @ Oct 7 2009, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the post office is an agent for most insurance company....... check it up......... they will know which co accept t/party coverage but you have to comply to their requirement meaning if puspakom is require you have to get it done..... otherwise your porch will turn to museum..... we have no choice now.....

Sigh.Have tried the post office in KLCC. they said can do but everyday quota full. Tried another post office in Subang Jaya, they said they don't know how to do it??? Called the same company bt different branches and all give different answers! Can..cannot..etc.

MAA very expensive = around rm400 or slightly less because cover passesngers as well.

Do you have any idea on how much to get PUSPAKOM to inspect our car? And what kind of inspection they do? Brakes...etc? Thanks...

wangi

Posted 09 October 2009 - 12:55 PM

wangi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
QUOTE (carineoph @ Oct 9 2009, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sigh.Have tried the post office in KLCC. they said can do but everyday quota full. Tried another post office in Subang Jaya, they said they don't know how to do it??? Called the same company bt different branches and all give different answers! Can..cannot..etc.

MAA very expensive = around rm400 or slightly less because cover passesngers as well.

Do you have any idea on how much to get PUSPAKOM to inspect our car? And what kind of inspection they do? Brakes...etc? Thanks...

I remember last time call up MMIP, they said the puspakom charge is around RM50. Inspection not sure. You can call up the MMIP people, they are nice and wiling to talk to you the detail for renewal in Post Office.

Newkelisa

Posted 09 October 2009 - 02:11 PM

Newkelisa

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts
QUOTE (wangi @ Oct 9 2009, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I remember last time call up MMIP, they said the puspakom charge is around RM50. Inspection not sure. You can call up the MMIP people, they are nice and wiling to talk to you the detail for renewal in Post Office.

If this inspection involves the same thing as done prior to selling or buying a used car, then it will be RM30 as I was charged when I SENT it myself. Getting other people to do it ... well ada extralah.

wangi

Posted 09 October 2009 - 02:21 PM

wangi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
QUOTE (Newkelisa @ Oct 9 2009, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If this inspection involves the same thing as done prior to selling or buying a used car, then it will be RM30 as I was charged when I SENT it myself. Getting other people to do it ... well ada extralah.

No. it is different. For runner will charge you around RM100 smile_disapprove.gif .

alyssajac

Posted 04 February 2010 - 07:50 PM

alyssajac

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
Hello
[b]Quality Low Cost Auto Insurance
[/b]
Looking for car insurance quotes? Start saving in just six minutes! For over, Need Insurance America has connected visitors http://needinsuranceamerica.com/ with the largest network of national and local insurance agents from the nation's top companies. Just tell us about your auto insurance needs, and we'll make sure you get multiple quotes and big opportunities to save!

lancer1981

Posted 24 February 2010 - 10:43 PM

lancer1981

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 570 posts
Hi Guys,
My car 3rd party insurance is due for renewal next month, anyone renewed their insurance recently without going to Puspakom and I am willing to buy it with PA. Thank you very much.
Have wheels will ride, beats walking.