Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Recond Car 1 Month Warranty

• Please log in to reply

shy78

Posted 27 July 2009 - 12:10 AM

shy78

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 586 posts
Hi,

Bought my 2003 Ipsum last year from Mutiara Motors, JB. A good ride indeed. Had a misfortune with it. My family and I were safe and sound, and parts for the Ipsum were not a problem.

I had 1 month warranty too. What I did was just sending to Mutiara Motors' appointed w/shop and all the necessary parts were replaced. Just tell them the problem when sending the car. For eg. I complained about vibration felt at the dashboard - thus all engine mountings were replaced - no more vibration. Further, without me complaining, they replaced the stabilizers - resulting in more composed drive.

You can also give AAM a call. When I made my purchase they told me that for RM100 they can do an inspection on the car with printed reports on faulty parts.

Just got back in JB from Kota Bharu. Glad I purchased the Ipsum. Hope you enjoy yours.

Good luck.

ring

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:31 PM

ring

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts
QUOTE (shy78 @ Jul 27 2009, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

Bought my 2003 Ipsum last year from Mutiara Motors, JB. A good ride indeed. Had a misfortune with it. My family and I were safe and sound, and parts for the Ipsum were not a problem.

I had 1 month warranty too. What I did was just sending to Mutiara Motors' appointed w/shop and all the necessary parts were replaced. Just tell them the problem when sending the car. For eg. I complained about vibration felt at the dashboard - thus all engine mountings were replaced - no more vibration. Further, without me complaining, they replaced the stabilizers - resulting in more composed drive.

You can also give AAM a call. When I made my purchase they told me that for RM100 they can do an inspection on the car with printed reports on faulty parts.

Just got back in JB from Kota Bharu. Glad I purchased the Ipsum. Hope you enjoy yours.

Good luck.

Not everyone share the same luck. Buying an old recon car its like gambling in Genting Highland...When it is about betting then paying RM100K & above is a bad deal.

Ring

"IDEMITSU engine oil and YUASA Battery...A truely Japanese quality product"

ejenmulder

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:43 PM

ejenmulder

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
QUOTE (wja6227 @ Jul 26 2009, 10:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bro.... bought already? dont worry then..... not every recond car have problems.... my bro's harrier and my bro in law's beember doing well even after 1 year..... just enjoy yr car..... good luck, man smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

sort of.. loan has just been approved.. maybe will be getting end of this week or early next week. after that, test kaw kaw smile_big.gif

"I can't read your mind, use your signal!"

ejenmulder

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:46 PM

ejenmulder

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
QUOTE (shy78 @ Jul 27 2009, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

Good luck.

thanks bro.. i would definitely be enjoying it ... hope it can serve me long enough

ejenmulder

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:49 PM

ejenmulder

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
QUOTE (ring @ Jul 27 2009, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not everyone share the same luck. Buying an old recon car its like gambling in Genting Highland...When it is about betting then paying RM100K & above is a bad deal.

no choice bro... ipsum is the only midi-mpv that fits my requirements. rather buying the recond one from the secondhand one. I would have to brave thru all the potential probs (if any) i guess..

ring

Posted 29 July 2009 - 02:59 PM

ring

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts
QUOTE (ejenmulder @ Jul 27 2009, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
no choice bro... ipsum is the only midi-mpv that fits my requirements. rather buying the recond one from the secondhand one. I would have to brave thru all the potential probs (if any) i guess..

i have a lawyer who bought an Alphard 3.0V. now experiencing door motorize unit failure. He was quoted a new replacement unit almost the price of a new 47" HD Samsung TV. He replaced it with a recon unit & now praying hard it won't fail again.

My colleague who drives a WISH told me his regular air-con service men needed at least 4 hours to remove its air-cond coil to replace. Don't know if once the work was done there was no other problem like wrong fitting, noisy dashboard, loss bracket,etc.

I am just as puzzle as to why pay >RM100 for an old car and with suspected limited after market replacement parts which is costly e.g. air-con compressor, steering system and specially tune suspenssion system match only with original absorbers (struts).

The point is, do really buy car to suffer or to enjoy?

Ring

"IDEMITSU engine oil and YUASA Battery...A truely Japanese quality product"

wanida

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:51 PM

wanida

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

[/quote]

I bought car for personal satisfactions, yeah it's true buying above RM100K recond old car is the matter of gambling...but for me that's the risk of accomodating my first point above.. smile_big.gif

That's y I rather spent RM100K for a 5 year old wish..for me it's worth buying... smile_cool.gif

shy78

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:30 AM

shy78

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 586 posts
QUOTE (ring @ Jul 29 2009, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i have a lawyer who bought an Alphard 3.0V. now experiencing door motorize unit failure. He was quoted a new replacement unit almost the price of a new 47" HD Samsung TV. He replaced it with a recon unit & now praying hard it won't fail again.

My colleague who drives a WISH told me his regular air-con service men needed at least 4 hours to remove its air-cond coil to replace. Don't know if once the work was done there was no other problem like wrong fitting, noisy dashboard, loss bracket,etc.

I am just as puzzle as to why pay >RM100 for an old car and with suspected limited after market replacement parts which is costly e.g. air-con compressor, steering system and specially tune suspenssion system match only with original absorbers (struts).

If my friend told me that eating at a particular food stall caused food poisoning, I will avoid that food stall and told others not to go there too. The same happens to you, Ring. Many of your friends had bad experience with recond car. Thus you will not see why others are still buying recond cars.

For myself, many of my family and friends purchased recond cars from Japan. Few of those cars have reached 5 years old of usage in Malaysia and no problem at all apart from the normal wear and tear. But, there are a common thing to the cars that were purchased - we bought from the same reputable dealer. Thus, when I decided to purchase the Ipsum, I make sure that I purchase from the same dealer. Thank God, till now still trouble free motoring.

I would think that reputable dealer is also like the above food stall. They want a good long term business. If they sell problematic cars, their business couldn't have sustained. Their profit margin is big, isn't it? So, why not make sure the business ethic is good?

Yes, we accept the risk of buying a used recond car. But the risk can be minimise. Same like buying a reconditioned BMW from Auto Bavaria and cars from Topmark - that comes with warranty. So, I think it is better than buying a used registered car in Malaysia.

Other points of buying recond car -

1. The bank gives new car interest rate for recond car
2. The car is usually cheap to maintain because we don't go to authorise dealer - like UMW (there are cons to this)

DC18

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:43 AM

DC18

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
QUOTE (shy78 @ Jul 30 2009, 08:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If my friend told me that eating at a particular food stall caused food poisoning, I will avoid that food stall and told others not to go there too. The same happens to you, Ring. Many of your friends had bad experience with recond car. Thus you will not see why others are still buying recond cars.

For myself, many of my family and friends purchased recond cars from Japan. Few of those cars have reached 5 years old of usage in Malaysia and no problem at all apart from the normal wear and tear. But, there are a common thing to the cars that were purchased - we bought from the same reputable dealer. Thus, when I decided to purchase the Ipsum, I make sure that I purchase from the same dealer. Thank God, till now still trouble free motoring.

I would think that reputable dealer is also like the above food stall. They want a good long term business. If they sell problematic cars, their business couldn't have sustained. Their profit margin is big, isn't it? So, why not make sure the business ethic is good?

Yes, we accept the risk of buying a used recond car. But the risk can be minimise. Same like buying a reconditioned BMW from Auto Bavaria and cars from Topmark - that comes with warranty. So, I think it is better than buying a used registered car in Malaysia.

Other points of buying recond car -

1. The bank gives new car interest rate for recond car
2. The car is usually cheap to maintain because we don't go to authorise dealer - like UMW (there are cons to this)

what is the ipsum price now?
and shy78 how much u bought urs?

is a good mid size mpv witha good engine to match

shy78

Posted 30 July 2009 - 11:03 AM

shy78

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 586 posts
QUOTE (DC18 @ Jul 30 2009, 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what is the ipsum price now?
and shy78 how much u bought urs?

is a good mid size mpv witha good engine to match

I paid RM123k for 2003 made in 2008. Price should be about the same now for 2004 made (facelift). Mine pre-facelift.

With a good engine to match - I agree, it is a reliable one. Uses timing chain, same unit as 2.4 Harrier, Camry, Estima, Alphard.