Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Kia Forte

• Please log in to reply

Jumpman23

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:35 PM

Jumpman23

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts
Honda & Toyota is standard 3 years
Hyundai got 5 years or 300K KM
KIA only 2 years

Kevin

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:01 PM

Kevin

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,080 posts
QUOTE (Jumpman23 @ Nov 25 2009, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Honda & Toyota is standard 3 years
Hyundai got 5 years or 300K KM
KIA only 2 years

Yes, I know the warranties but please bear in mind that Hyundai's 5-year warranty only started recently. Prior to that it was also 2 years/50k km.

Since we are talking about Hyundai, the Forte is the twin brother of both the Avante and the i30 so if Hyundai can give 5 years warranty to the CKD Avante and the CBU i30, can we assume that the Forte will just be as reliable (let's just speak for the CBU units since people might say that the CKD ones will fall apart in the 3rd year hence the 2 year warranty).

Can we also assume that Kia could always give you 5 years warranty (note that some models in the local Kia range DO come with 5 years warranty as a sales sweetener) but they will have to increase the Forte's price by RM10k to cover them (even with a RM10k increase, the Forte is cheaper than the competition).

Back to warranty duration. For the record, Audi and Mercedes Benz were also offering 2 years warranty as recently as 3 to 4 years ago and they only increased it to 3 years to match BMW (the first German marque to offer 3 years warranty).

The CBU Forte is also made in Korea just like the CBU i30. Look at the price differential. That is what you pay for multi-link rear suspension in the i30 and the additional 3 years warranty.

lwlty

Posted 26 November 2009 - 01:39 AM

lwlty

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 465 posts
warrty 5 years got term not all part warrty ,

5yrs planing only for Agent to run earn more money only.

see spore old model misth. 3yrs free service & 5 year warrty . mean 3yrs free service Worth but for 5yrs warrty?

3yrs n 5 yrs is under package mean after 3th yrs must come back to agent service if not void warrty.

now latest car all control by ECU macam mana mahu laju atau high rev?

Don Forgot if changed air fillter also can VOID .

lwlty

Posted 26 November 2009 - 01:56 AM

lwlty

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 465 posts
QUOTE (Kevin @ Nov 25 2009, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does Kia Singapore offer such high specs? Are you so sure that the cars are assembled in Gurun? How many years does Toyota and Honda in Malaysia offer - 3 years or 5 years?

Is anyone going to stop buying a Forte just because Kia Singapore, Kia Australia, and Kia in many other places offers a 5-year-unlimited km warranty and Kia Malaysia doesn't?

hi kevin,

Now korea Sudah MAJU banjak dari japan.

see altis at spore less than less yhis model uncle n engine still used old model 1.6L output 110hp.
spore for SX model 100% from korea(CBU) N EX(CKD) model air con , sport rim , radio, etc install spore.

Spore 1st to 3rd batch Ex model rear is DISC brake .

3yrs or 5 yrs agent wan earn money ma. u know agent service so $$$$$$ ma .

On msia see Naza wan make KIA better not. this all under Naza control , macam Hyundai spare part mahal tak? siapa control? Bintang ma right . di johor ppl mostly go spore beli s/part more cheaper than msia 30-45%.

spore ppl suka came msia service car cos cheaper 45% .

go to this website http://www.ceratoforte.sg/

fauzie00

Posted 26 November 2009 - 08:11 AM

fauzie00

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts
Visited Kia showroom yesterday to see Forte, impressed with the design. Was told that only first 300 unit (1.6 + 2.0) will be CBU from Korea then it will CKD here. Anyone can confirm this?

darreltian

Posted 26 November 2009 - 10:16 AM

darreltian

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,823 posts
QUOTE (Kevin @ Nov 25 2009, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is anyone going to stop buying a Forte just because Kia Singapore, Kia Australia, and Kia in many other places offers a 5-year-unlimited km warranty and Kia Malaysia doesn't?

I will smile_disapprove.gif
This is called sub-standard for the same products they are offering....maybe the assembler in Gurun is not confident to maitain close-to-zero defects. We have heard many stories and complaints of other naza-kia models which received the same 'fate'

For any CBU car brands, when they launch any new model, ussually they will pay extra attention to the first 1K-2K units to make them as perfect as possible. Why? Simple, they don't want journalist and customers criticize which definitely will affect subsequent sales. Malaysian CKD is a different story smile_disapprove.gif

Sato

Posted 26 November 2009 - 03:29 PM

Sato

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 467 posts
QUOTE (fauzie00 @ Nov 26 2009, 08:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Visited Kia showroom yesterday to see Forte, impressed with the design. Was told that only first 300 unit (1.6 + 2.0) will be CBU from Korea then it will CKD here. Anyone can confirm this?

I heard this too but he only said 1st 200 units from Korea (1.6 models), maybe 100 units of 2.0 that sums up to 300 !

Test drive it yesterday ! Quite impressed also la. Now deciding, dunno get SX4 or forte ?

darreltian

Posted 26 November 2009 - 03:42 PM

darreltian

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,823 posts
QUOTE (Sato @ Nov 26 2009, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I heard this too but he only said 1st 200 units from Korea (1.6 models), maybe 100 units of 2.0 that sums up to 300 !

Test drive it yesterday ! Quite impressed also la. Now deciding, dunno get SX4 or forte ?

this is rather difficult to answer : CKD vs CBU, looks, size and reliability
which car puts on more smile on ur face when driving?...go with ur instinct

jayraptor

Posted 26 November 2009 - 04:23 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (darreltian @ Nov 26 2009, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will smile_disapprove.gif
This is called sub-standard for the same products they are offering....maybe the assembler in Gurun is not confident to maitain close-to-zero defects. We have heard many stories and complaints of other naza-kia models which received the same 'fate'

For any CBU car brands, when they launch any new model, ussually they will pay extra attention to the first 1K-2K units to make them as perfect as possible. Why? Simple, they don't want journalist and customers criticize which definitely will affect subsequent sales. Malaysian CKD is a different story smile_disapprove.gif

Please do not take the old Citra as example. The Kia Optima that is CKD from Gurun, its quality is still good with something close to CBU. As long as they don't cut cost like Nissan, Honda & Toyota, the Forte CKD quality won't differ much from CBU. Besides, they don't really seems to cut cost as they don't have to as Korean cars are still cheaper than Japs cars, their management from Korea does not permit cost cutting as they need to convince people to go Korean.

Jumpman23

Posted 26 November 2009 - 08:54 PM

Jumpman23

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts
they need to convince people to go Korean.

Those from existing Japanese car brand customer will not go Korean that easy because of bad resale value from past experience. How the company want to change their mindset when people are judging from the past not looking forward into the future? it is very tough people will still go for Japanese brand more consistence.

From the survey i get, they said Korean car always throw in extra but in the end still people go for Japanese brands due to better rebate in the future.

But, i think younger generation who can afford and independence can get the forte themselves, these group of customers is rare and few, because not many people are financial independence and did not need to borrow and buy the car they like. Even if those who can afford to buy cash would rather go for something more established rather than trying on new things.

Therefore Forte might not be selling well in Malaysia irregardless whether it is CBU or CKD.

So the target market is for those who are cash rich to try out new car, but won't be long if they get bored for it. There maybe couple of hundreds people who is like that from 26 million of Malaysian population.