Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Waja 1.8 Gearbox Problem

• Please log in to reply

Gunnerzz

Posted 25 April 2010 - 06:21 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
Change the ATF and engine oil of my dad's 1.8 today.
ATF used is ELF Renaultmatic D3 SYN,3 liter.
Engine oil used is Total Quartz 9000 SM 15W-50,just above 4 liter.

Then took it for a test drive.....syiok!!!
Gear change is soo smooth,its smooth accelerating all the way.

rain

Posted 11 July 2010 - 02:46 PM

rain

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
Bro, dont know if its too late to tell you, but I think your brake band or band brake is broken. I have the same thing last Dec 2009. Got the manual and did it my self. The repair kit was about Rm200.00 and labour?, did it myself, got the step by step guide. if u want it I can pass it to you.....email me la if anything. Rainer.newman81@gmail.com

nbj6343

Posted 18 September 2010 - 11:37 PM

nbj6343

5th Gear

• Members
  • 5 posts
HI, all user waja 1.8

Recently My waja auto gearbox light is on, feel something wrong to gearbox,sound rough, no power & rpm up if u want drive fast.(compare to last time b4 light is on).
I hav go to SC to check and error code givr me 011 OC OR SC TO EV SHIFT LOCK GND.What r the meaning in the code?
my home town SC cant solve the problem, may go to PESC seremban to solve. (but due to near to hari raya, all SC r no free.)
Only temporary drive slowly.
FYI, i hav try restart engin again, but at N/P , light is off, shift to D ,Light is on. feel the sound at TOH', But still can move , no power.
Tomorrow i start the car, everthing as normal.can drive 2 day, later , light on again.
I'm happy saw this forum mention this waja problem & solve the problem, I like to seek advice from all sifu.
Yesterday, i just change atf, but i using aft 100% synthetic (4 litre- RM90.00) Brand PENNZOIL. ONLY 2 liters using,
Now My waja is OK, Light is OFF.
my WAJA Also hav ABS & Brake like is oN , 80 % like on when drive (SOME time light is Off).
ANY SIFU Know the TCU, ABS sensor.ecu location, (Show in photo)
I want DIY to clean the sensor .
Have any sifu already change or motification the car exhaust system (Due to heat , u can test with your hand at back-Near
spare tyres(Left). Is very hot, may cook egg. i have complaint to EON, but their give a rubber to protect it.
So far, I hav change radiorator due to fan broken (Warranty), ECU(circuit board rust) -Car gila, u want fast,it slow, or suddently very fast.Complaint to EON (Change free- car at SC one month); Change once time gearbox due to light is on,
install wrong ATF, whole gb habis. buy 1 recon Gb-RM 3000. & other minnor problem- door handle,clock spring change once.

Most problem is gb. Dont know when go to fail???

rain

Posted 19 September 2010 - 08:50 AM

rain

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
QUOTE (nbj6343 @ Sep 18 2010, 11:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HI, all user waja 1.8

Recently My waja auto gearbox light is on, feel something wrong to gearbox,sound rough, no power & rpm up if u want drive fast.(compare to last time b4 light is on).
I hav go to SC to check and error code givr me 011 OC OR SC TO EV SHIFT LOCK GND.What r the meaning in the code?
my home town SC cant solve the problem, may go to PESC seremban to solve. (but due to near to hari raya, all SC r no free.)
Only temporary drive slowly.
FYI, i hav try restart engin again, but at N/P , light is off, shift to D ,Light is on. feel the sound at TOH', But still can move , no power.
Tomorrow i start the car, everthing as normal.can drive 2 day, later , light on again.
I'm happy saw this forum mention this waja problem & solve the problem, I like to seek advice from all sifu.
Yesterday, i just change atf, but i using aft 100% synthetic (4 litre- RM90.00) Brand PENNZOIL. ONLY 2 liters using,
Now My waja is OK, Light is OFF.
my WAJA Also hav ABS & Brake like is oN , 80 % like on when drive (SOME time light is Off).
ANY SIFU Know the TCU, ABS sensor.ecu location, (Show in photo)
I want DIY to clean the sensor .
Have any sifu already change or motification the car exhaust system (Due to heat , u can test with your hand at back-Near
spare tyres(Left). Is very hot, may cook egg. i have complaint to EON, but their give a rubber to protect it.
So far, I hav change radiorator due to fan broken (Warranty), ECU(circuit board rust) -Car gila, u want fast,it slow, or suddently very fast.Complaint to EON (Change free- car at SC one month); Change once time gearbox due to light is on,
install wrong ATF, whole gb habis. buy 1 recon Gb-RM 3000. & other minnor problem- door handle,clock spring change once.

Most problem is gb. Dont know when go to fail???

Bro, mine had a problem about the same as yours. But after i change the ATF still the same. I got about the same error code too....SC said that was the end of my GB. But since i did not have much money..and u know that the car cannot repair with just RM100 or RM200...so i was looking at the engine to see what to do. So i jsut got some contact cleaner can clean the contacts. And WHAT I FOUND was at the back there was a GB contact that was loose..i open it and clean it and put it back. after that all problem GONE!!!!....cost me 19.90 hahaha

nbj6343

Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:24 PM

nbj6343

5th Gear

• Members
  • 5 posts
QUOTE (rain @ Sep 19 2010, 08:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro, mine had a problem about the same as yours. But after i change the ATF still the same. I got about the same error code too....SC said that was the end of my GB. But since i did not have much money..and u know that the car cannot repair with just RM100 or RM200...so i was looking at the engine to see what to do. So i jsut got some contact cleaner can clean the contacts. And WHAT I FOUND was at the back there was a GB contact that was loose..i open it and clean it and put it back. after that all problem GONE!!!!....cost me 19.90 hahaha

HI, Rain

Which location u clean, can u guide me (Show pic is best).& What type of contact cleaner u using.

rain

Posted 21 September 2010 - 01:02 PM

rain

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
QUOTE (nbj6343 @ Sep 20 2010, 08:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HI, Rain

Which location u clean, can u guide me (Show pic is best).& What type of contact cleaner u using.

Bro, you can check on this link.

http://forum.autowor...showtopic=94901

i have some pic there too..if still not clear you can call me..email me for my phone number. rainer.newman81@gmail.com

nbj6343

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:36 PM

nbj6343

5th Gear

• Members
  • 5 posts
QUOTE (rain @ Sep 21 2010, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i have some pic there too..if still not clear you can call me..email me for my phone number. rainer.newman81@gmail.com

Hi; rain.

The pic still no so clear, can u email me the clear pic & step to open cleanning up.
My email :cmlai3436@yahoo.com.sg

thank a lot first.

Gunnerzz

Posted 22 September 2010 - 02:37 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (rain @ Sep 21 2010, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mind telling how to remove the connector.
I'm afraid that i might break the plastic lah...

rain

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:04 AM

rain

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Sep 22 2010, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mind telling how to remove the connector.
I'm afraid that i might break the plastic lah...

Bro,

I am so so so sorry I did not answer sooner...very sorry man...anyways, how to remove the connector without breaking it..the answer is i dont know, Because I broke mine. But what I found out after actually breaking it and then removing it, is that there is a white ( or my case grey ) sliding clip that locks then connector. The clip has to be slide towards the gearbox i think. And as you slide it, it will push the connector up. Its not a very good design I know, cause when the connecter is stuck to the socket it becomes very hard to slide. And when you apply too much force to it..your connecter becomes like mine BROKEN..I dont know, maybe try using some lubricant, but make sure it does not sip into the connects..happy trying, and TRY NOT TO BREAK IT hahaha...

Rainer

Gunnerzz

Posted 13 November 2010 - 12:09 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (rain @ Nov 12 2010, 09:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro,

I am so so so sorry I did not answer sooner...very sorry man...anyways, how to remove the connector without breaking it..the answer is i dont know, Because I broke mine. But what I found out after actually breaking it and then removing it, is that there is a white ( or my case grey ) sliding clip that locks then connector. The clip has to be slide towards the gearbox i think. And as you slide it, it will push the connector up. Its not a very good design I know, cause when the connecter is stuck to the socket it becomes very hard to slide. And when you apply too much force to it..your connecter becomes like mine BROKEN..I dont know, maybe try using some lubricant, but make sure it does not sip into the connects..happy trying, and TRY NOT TO BREAK IT hahaha...

Rainer

Locking mechanism like the ECU connector?
If u broke yours then i dont think i will even attemp to remove it lah.