Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Fuel Consumption - Camry 2.0e And Accord 2.0

• Please log in to reply

cwhitec

Posted 29 March 2011 - 01:01 PM

cwhitec

6th Gear

• Members
  • 7 posts
Hi All

I am actually decided to get Toyata camry 2.0E but when i came to this article it make me to reconsider accord 2.0.? Any camry owner are kind enough to share your opinion about below statement?

If base on below statement that mean

Toyata Camry fuel consumption = 380kilomter / 70 litre = 5.4km/per litre

Honda Accord fuel consumption = 295kilometer / 29.72 litre = 9.9km/ per litre

It is so hard to bealive that toyata camry is only 5.5km per liter. It is way too much difference

Camry fuel consumption
---------------------------------
"With a kerb weight of 1,450 kg (which I gleaned from the very small, not so mature-friendly font printed at the rear of the product catalogue), it does take a little bit of toll on fuel consumption. The full tank (70 litre capacity) that they gave me lasted for 380 kilometres before the refuel light came on."

Article link

http://www.autoworld...amp;whichpage=2

Accord fuel consumption
---------------------------------
"Honda claims a seven percent improvement in fuel efficiency over the outgoing model; the way I drove on the way back, fuel consumption figures would have gone out the window (or the exhaust pipe), but on the way up, one group of journalists managed 295 kilometres on 29.72 litre of fuel, even though they had driven quite hard on some sections. Anyway, as a comparison, this is about the same fuel consumption as my little girl’s 1.6 litre Satria Neo automatic. The good news is that if the car is driven sedately, there is potential of even better consumption."

Articles link

http://www.autoworld...amp;whichpage=1

I will love to heard any Camry owner to comment on this. Thanks for you time
Thanks
Simon

scenic

Posted 29 March 2011 - 01:13 PM

scenic

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts
Accord's R20A3 2.0L engine is known for its good FC. My brand new Accord's mileage of 6km on the clock when I took delivery with first fuel pump of RM120 on RON 95 now shows 385km using about 2/3 of the fuel of RM120. I pressed Trip A and B to zero after my first pump and now the reading shows 385KM. The odemeter reading was about 7KM then. I believe with more mileage clocked later, my FC will imrpove accordingly. I do not drive alone 80% of the time. Even Accord's 2.4L beats Teana 2.5V6 and Camry's dinasor 2.4L engine in its FC. Go and compare between the two and you will find out many cost cutting in the Camry especially the equipments level and built quality for starter. No offence to Camry owners as I too owned two T before this. You can search for more detailed answer. Cheers.
director's choice

Justicebao

Posted 29 March 2011 - 04:28 PM

Justicebao

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,604 posts
We are not sure if both cars are being driven with the same style and same terrain......hard to conclude here. I can tell you, my super dinasour 2.2GX only drink about 8km/L if I drive it hard (2.5 hrs SG (160-180kmh) --> KL + hard driving in KL city road) and it can return about 10km/L is I drive it moderately on city road. The new 2.0 VVti should has a better figures.

My average FC is about 9km/L on daily drive (70/30) city/high
Please join the Toyota facebook group --> HERE

banker

Posted 29 March 2011 - 10:23 PM

banker

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
i own a 2.0G, and i can say with assurance the fuel consumption is much better than what was stated.
I work in the golden triangle, a distance of only 11km door to door, but it takes me an average 40 minutes daily, hence simple math on average I am travelling only around 16km/h. my fuel consumption on the MID reads 9km/l (100% city).... my driving style.. no sudden hard braking, no short acceleration.
Did another test long time ago, drive fast, hard braking, quick acceleration on standstill, push the car hard, but the fuel consumption as per MID is only 8.3km/l. all running on BHP RON95.
Be who you are and say what you feel: because those who mind don't matter and those who matter won't mind

Coffee

Posted 29 March 2011 - 11:00 PM

Coffee

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 729 posts
QUOTE (banker @ Mar 29 2011, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i own a 2.0G, and i can say with assurance the fuel consumption is much better than what was stated.
I work in the golden triangle, a distance of only 11km door to door, but it takes me an average 40 minutes daily, hence simple math on average I am travelling only around 16km/h. my fuel consumption on the MID reads 9km/l (100% city).... my driving style.. no sudden hard braking, no short acceleration.
Did another test long time ago, drive fast, hard braking, quick acceleration on standstill, push the car hard, but the fuel consumption as per MID is only 8.3km/l. all running on BHP RON95.

I own a 2.0E. I jam from Shah Alam to PJ everyday at 7.25am peak rush hour and back home evening rush hour - route via NKVE and then Federal highway. Distance about 17km only but takes me 50 minutes one way. Most of the time crawling at about 10-20km/h. Only short distance on NKVE can I accelerate past 60km/h. My MID shows about 10.3km/L for these weekdays. For weekends when the traffic is better, I get 11.5km/L. All on Petronas/Shell RON95.
You're Never Alone When You've Got Your Coffee.

cwhitec

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:31 AM

cwhitec

6th Gear

• Members
  • 7 posts
QUOTE (scenic @ Mar 29 2011, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Accord's R20A3 2.0L engine is known for its good FC. My brand new Accord's mileage of 6km on the clock when I took delivery with first fuel pump of RM120 on RON 95 now shows 385km using about 2/3 of the fuel of RM120. I pressed Trip A and B to zero after my first pump and now the reading shows 385KM. The odemeter reading was about 7KM then. I believe with more mileage clocked later, my FC will imrpove accordingly. I do not drive alone 80% of the time. Even Accord's 2.4L beats Teana 2.5V6 and Camry's dinasor 2.4L engine in its FC. Go and compare between the two and you will find out many cost cutting in the Camry especially the equipments level and built quality for starter. No offence to Camry owners as I too owned two T before this. You can search for more detailed answer. Cheers.

Hi Scenic

Thanks for the feedback, actually it have been few weeks for me to decide accord or Camry. I do really love the accord look but just that when came to cabin conform Camry is way to go.

cwhitec

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:36 AM

cwhitec

6th Gear

• Members
  • 7 posts
QUOTE (Justicebao @ Mar 29 2011, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We are not sure if both cars are being driven with the same style and same terrain......hard to conclude here. I can tell you, my super dinasour 2.2GX only drink about 8km/L if I drive it hard (2.5 hrs SG (160-180kmh) --> KL + hard driving in KL city road) and it can return about 10km/L is I drive it moderately on city road. The new 2.0 VVti should has a better figures.

My average FC is about 9km/L on daily drive (70/30) city/high

i think maybe there are typo error on that articles? haha. i am not surprise that u will drive 160-180km all the way to SG. smile.gif

cwhitec

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:38 AM

cwhitec

6th Gear

• Members
  • 7 posts
QUOTE (banker @ Mar 29 2011, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the info banker

cwhitec

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:42 AM

cwhitec

6th Gear

• Members
  • 7 posts
QUOTE (Coffee @ Mar 29 2011, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I own a 2.0E. I jam from Shah Alam to PJ everyday at 7.25am peak rush hour and back home evening rush hour - route via NKVE and then Federal highway. Distance about 17km only but takes me 50 minutes one way. Most of the time crawling at about 10-20km/h. Only short distance on NKVE can I accelerate past 60km/h. My MID shows about 10.3km/L for these weekdays. For weekends when the traffic is better, I get 11.5km/L. All on Petronas/Shell RON95.

Now this really good. 11.5km/L - WOW great loving it. i will book my Camry today. Just called the lady and she siad might not have stock because of tsumani in japan, i am in the waiting list. If still no car from current malaysia stock then i might need to wait for another 2 months.. hmm..

Coffee

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:56 AM

Coffee

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 729 posts
QUOTE (cwhitec @ Mar 30 2011, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now this really good. 11.5km/L - WOW great loving it. i will book my Camry today. Just called the lady and she siad might not have stock because of tsumani in japan, i am in the waiting list. If still no car from current malaysia stock then i might need to wait for another 2 months.. hmm..

Wah...the tsunami start to hit us already...in a different way!

Anyway like waht some of the guys have said, it really depends on your right foot and the road condition. I am a gentle driver. My best record was 13.5km/L on the highway from KL-Ipoh. But I know of one other bro who managed 14km/L. So, lots of variables involved.

Either Camry or Accord, you wont go wrong. These are the best selling passenger cars in US anyway smile_thumbup.gif
You're Never Alone When You've Got Your Coffee.