Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Hyundai Santa Fe 2011 Model

• Please log in to reply

bteong0

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:56 PM

bteong0

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
QUOTE (hongkie123 @ Jun 2 2012, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A few days ago I sent my car to this authorised agent to check on my air cond (I didn't like this authorised dealer's service centre but due to certain circumtances I had no choice). After checking all OK and the service supervisor strongly suggested the air cond be serviced cos it's approx 30,000km already. Service supervisor said it's a recommended service for maintenance purposes. It cost approx RM300++ for the air cond service. Anyway, the air cond is OK, not showing any fault.

A few days later I send my car to another service centre (the one that I always go to) for other reasons. Out of curiosity, I asked about this air cond service and maintenance thing and was told there is no such scheduled service for air cond, after X km like the normal service internal of XX km.

Is the service supervisor from the authorised agent's service centre trying to fleece me into doing unnecessary air cond service and make RM300++ from me?

Hongkie
What do you mean the air cond is ok and not showing any fault? What was the issue that lead you to do A/C check-up?

Mine is 31k now . When the mileage is at 29k, I started to feel the air cond take longer than it used to cool down the car during noon time. Sometimes, it is just pumping out the room temp air (even after 10 mins of driving ).

BT

bteong0

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:59 PM

bteong0

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
Removed Duplicate post

hongkie123

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:13 PM

hongkie123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
Bteong,

Actually nothing wrong with the air cond. My wifey pressed something (the middle of the air cond switch) and me being absent minded (old already) didn't realised that. Thought something wrong with air cond so made a trip to service centre. Reached service centre only my brain started to function. But reached service centre already, check la, nothing to lose. Then I found out how some people can ask you to service the air cond, even you do not need it. It's the same authorised agent that I bought my car. Must remind myself of how their senior sales manager hijacked my car and what their service centre did to me. Must remember that so I will never return to the same place.

Bteong, I think you should check the air cond gas in your next service. Anyway, checking is free. Also, lately the weather is super hot so it is normal to take a while for air cond to cool the car.

bteong0

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:09 PM

bteong0

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
QUOTE (hongkie123 @ Jun 4 2012, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bteong,

Actually nothing wrong with the air cond. My wifey pressed something (the middle of the air cond switch) and me being absent minded (old already) didn't realised that. Thought something wrong with air cond so made a trip to service centre. Reached service centre only my brain started to function. But reached service centre already, check la, nothing to lose. Then I found out how some people can ask you to service the air cond, even you do not need it. It's the same authorised agent that I bought my car. Must remind myself of how their senior sales manager hijacked my car and what their service centre did to me. Must remember that so I will never return to the same place.

Bteong, I think you should check the air cond gas in your next service. Anyway, checking is free. Also, lately the weather is super hot so it is normal to take a while for air cond to cool the car.

Hongkie,

Thanks. Will do and take to hyndai SC. not the authorized type.

bteong0

azliumar

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:55 AM

azliumar

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
Hi All,

Last Sunday, we had our 1st test drive of the 2011 Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi - it was an exhilarating experience!

During the very short drive, I managed to 'floor' the piano-type accelerator pedal few times. However, there was once when I hit 140km/h mark, I felt, though momentarily, the steering wheel vibrated. It soon disappeared when I slowed the large SUV to 120km/h cruising speed.

Another point worth to share is high speed cornering ability.I'd read somewhere and I felt the same too - I was less convinced to speed through a bumpy corner.

The one of major factors that holds back my decision is the lack of headroom at the 3rd row seat - we are a family of four growing up kids - we do need a vehicle that can seat at least six adults comfortably with reasonable space for luggage.

The other is the coming 2013 Santa Fe LWB... (drum roll please wink.gif

Attached Thumbnails

• car___2013_Hyundai_Santa_Fe_LWB_01.jpg
  • car___2013_Hyundai_Santa_Fe_LWB_02.jpg
  • car___2013_Hyundai_Santa_Fe_LWB_03.jpg
  • car___2013_Hyundai_Santa_Fe_LWB_04.jpg
  • car___2013_Hyundai_Santa_Fe_LWB_05.jpg

azliumar

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:16 PM

azliumar

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
.. sorry, it was supposed to be 'organ'-type gas accelerator pedal smile_blush.gif

hongkie123

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:54 PM

hongkie123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
QUOTE (azliumar @ Jul 17 2012, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi All,

Last Sunday, we had our 1st test drive of the 2011 Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi - it was an exhilarating experience!

During the very short drive, I managed to 'floor' the piano-type accelerator pedal few times. However, there was once when I hit 140km/h mark, I felt, though momentarily, the steering wheel vibrated. It soon disappeared when I slowed the large SUV to 120km/h cruising speed.

Another point worth to share is high speed cornering ability.I'd read somewhere and I felt the same too - I was less convinced to speed through a bumpy corner.

The one of major factors that holds back my decision is the lack of headroom at the 3rd row seat - we are a family of four growing up kids - we do need a vehicle that can seat at least six adults comfortably with reasonable space for luggage.

The other is the coming 2013 Santa Fe LWB... (drum roll please wink.gif

Steering wheel vibrates means got balancing problem. Once the balancing problem is fixed, steering wheel will not vibrate at 140km/h. Steering wheel has some slight vibration at 160km/h but even BMW and Merz's steering wheel also feels less stable at 160km/h compare with 120km/h.

peter32

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:25 AM

peter32

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Azliumar,

For a family of 4 plus luggage space, none of the SUV will suffice. You will need to consider the Hyundai 11 seater MPV, and remove the last roll of seat to become luggage space for 6. There is no other choice. Not even the upcoming santa fe unfortunately.

I actually have seen one test unit of the new santa fe driven past me a few months back, which i suspect is the test unit. I don't think its coming to our shore so early yet. The trouble is, the unit that i saw is the 5 seater santa fe, not the 7 seater type.

azliumar

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:22 PM

azliumar

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
QUOTE (peter32 @ Jul 20 2012, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Azliumar,

For a family of 4 plus luggage space, none of the SUV will suffice. You will need to consider the Hyundai 11 seater MPV, and remove the last roll of seat to become luggage space for 6. There is no other choice. Not even the upcoming santa fe unfortunately.

I actually have seen one test unit of the new santa fe driven past me a few months back, which i suspect is the test unit. I don't think its coming to our shore so early yet. The trouble is, the unit that i saw is the 5 seater santa fe, not the 7 seater type.

Peter32, points taken. TQ.

If we were to proceed, with any SUVs available here, we got to travel light.. even much more lighter than when we fly with AirAsia smile.gif

I believe the 5-seater Santa Fe that u saw was the 2013 Santa Fe SWB.

azliumar

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:26 PM

azliumar

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
QUOTE (hongkie123 @ Jul 18 2012, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steering wheel vibrates means got balancing problem. Once the balancing problem is fixed, steering wheel will not vibrate at 140km/h. Steering wheel has some slight vibration at 160km/h but even BMW and Merz's steering wheel also feels less stable at 160km/h compare with 120km/h.

Hongkie123, is it normal for a brand new car to have balancing issue? I mean it just rolled out from the assembly line - dont they conduct appropriate QC checkpoints?