Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Peugeot 308 120vti & 140turbo Discussion

• Please log in to reply

acidst4r

Posted 12 May 2009 - 02:32 PM

acidst4r

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
QUOTE (thinkerr @ May 12 2009, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks like yours is a thorium grey. I was told there is 1 unit of thorium grey that is defective just be careful guys.

Wow?! Do you mind sharing with me where is the location of that defective car? Am currently still waiting for mine, Thorium Grey THP version. Hopefully mine will be just fine. Prolly the car will arrive at Glenmarie sometime around next week after 2 months plus of waiting...

chip73

Posted 12 May 2009 - 02:54 PM

chip73

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 607 posts
QUOTE (ahwan308 @ May 12 2009, 06:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Probably the sensors for the AUTO lighting. Just a wild guest. Anybody has better idea whot izit? Not mentioned in the manual.

myPeugeot 308 got DRL hardware [the 25W tungsten bulb adj to the halogen bulb as shown in the manual] but can't neither find the switch nor the menu in MFD to turn 'em on. Need help too...

Regarding the foot-light, one must turn on the 'ambient lighting' from MFD menu.

Regards.

Wan,....don't think so la it's auto lighting sensor....the lighting sensor is actually on the dashboard.....you can see a small pimple like point on the centre of the dash close to the front screen....the rain sensor i think is on the rear mirror holder....on the centre black strip of the front windscreen...... happy.gif

alankkwong

Posted 12 May 2009 - 03:12 PM

alankkwong

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
QUOTE (chip73 @ May 12 2009, 12:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As i was pondering on the lighting system, does anyone have any idea what's the 2 small thingy in the whole lighting system in front of the car....
Sequence works this way (from top to bottom)
1. LEft/right signal light
2. Headlight
3. Daylight running light
4. A small mirror kinda circle......this is the one i m referring to.....
Any idea what's that thing?.....cant be some vanity mirror kua?...... blink.gif ...hahaah

wah Chip73, mana lu pigi? Long time no see u here leh...
Its not what you have...... its how you use it!!

chip73

Posted 12 May 2009 - 03:47 PM

chip73

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 607 posts
QUOTE (alankkwong @ May 12 2009, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Me bawak lion pigi kai kai.....hahahaha.... laugh.gif

FEMLab

Posted 12 May 2009 - 03:52 PM

FEMLab

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts
QUOTE (alankkwong @ May 12 2009, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm, Alan new avatar make me realise that the front bumper of GT is different that normal 308..way way nicer and sportier..

I bet if you wanna make business..go to the bodykit molding shop..and make a good quality GT bumper..can make money..

Alan can borrow your bumper to make the mould??..Than maybe need to pay some royalty to Alan la..

ohh wait..posted figure recently less than 200 units PUG 308 on malaysian road...cannot breakeven la..scrap business plan..
FEMLab

alankkwong

Posted 12 May 2009 - 04:13 PM

alankkwong

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
QUOTE (FEMLab @ May 12 2009, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm, Alan new avatar make me realise that the front bumper of GT is different that normal 308..way way nicer and sportier..

I bet if you wanna make business..go to the bodykit molding shop..and make a good quality GT bumper..can make money..

Alan can borrow your bumper to make the mould??..Than maybe need to pay some royalty to Alan la..

ohh wait..posted figure recently less than 200 units PUG 308 on malaysian road...cannot breakeven la..scrap business plan..

Femlab, the GT is lower by about 1cm compared to the THP/VTi. Th bumper is the same except for the grill which is straight compared to the THP/VTI's curve. IMHO, the car looks sportier because of the sports rims which is 18".
Its not what you have...... its how you use it!!

mizhael

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:44 PM

mizhael

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts
Share my 308 fuel consumption.

SA pump RM30 for driving from Rawang yard to SC. Then he pump another RM95 when I collecting the car.
Total mileage till 1st pump with my own $ yesterday is 538.

Only manage to pump RM93.37 for 51.87L.

This means inside the tank still have 8.13L(60L - 51.87L) worth RM14.64 petrol that pumped by SA.

Please see if my formula correct or wrong.

(RM30+RM95-RM14.64)/538 = 0.205 cents per km.

blink.gif Look a bit expensive.

FYI: SA and now I using Shell Super 1L@RM1.80

Any 308 owner would like to share his Lion fuel consumption?

thedoc

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:45 PM

thedoc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
QUOTE (behcw @ May 12 2009, 09:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really fishy here as it seems there are various different batches. Mine came with the DRL, front and rear door lamp and all the items listed previously. The DRL setting is definitely in the MFD, sequence as follows:

3)Personalisation -> 1)Vehicle Parameter -> 2)Lighting and Signalling -> 3)Daylight Running Light -> On/Off (The other 2 in menu is 1.Guide Me Home Lights with sequence, 2.Ambience Light)

Different firmware/software version for MFD?

Also there is a "Enter Distance To Location" in the 2)Trip Meter section, anybody have any idea what that is for?

Ah-hah !! The menu in my MFD doesn't have the option to turn on/off the DRL. It only has the 1. Guide Me Home lights & 2. Ambiance lights which are both activated. No wonder.

Like this mean have to update the firmware issit ??? Nasim should have updated in the first place before passing it over to their customers !!!

jules308

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:02 PM

jules308

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
QUOTE (khlee23 @ May 12 2009, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guys,

I better pass-on this kind reminder by lowpro.

PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR CAR TO OUTSIDE ACCESSORIES SHOP TO DO MOD OR ADDING STUFF THAT INVOLVE ELECTRICAL WIRING.
You will risk warranty void and your 308 will be back to stone-age car, i.e. nothing works after that.

sad already...so its like I need to bring it to SC...pay them to do what is suppose to be standard delivered with 308 smile_cry.gif

jules308

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:07 PM

jules308

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
QUOTE (alankkwong @ May 12 2009, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Femlab, the GT is lower by about 1cm compared to the THP/VTi. Th bumper is the same except for the grill which is straight compared to the THP/VTI's curve. IMHO, the car looks sportier because of the sports rims which is 18".

I loved the rear GT bumper when I first saw it on the white THP in KS ! but NZ-line doesnt have that...