Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Toyota Camry 2012

• Please log in to reply

scenic

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:21 AM

scenic

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts
QUOTE (astroguy74 @ Sep 26 2011, 07:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i am not sure if you guys have been in other parts of the world..
camry is a standard issue for normal taxi cabs in most part of the world.. driven by pakistanis and bangalis
its reliable, very reliable.. and its very reliable.. and thats it..
its for a taxi driver... that all...

In M'sia especially people treat it like it is some super model and nothing else except Camry. Many have not owned other Brands of cars and yet start to critisise them based on hearsays of grandmother, grandfather stories. Camry after year 2003 onwards is all craps if you ask me. Take a close look of their subsequent built quality and materials used. People here talk freely on the internet as if other Brands stopped improving on their products 20 years ago. smile_tongue.gif This is why people see Toyota only must go and buy whether new or recon units. Cheers.
director's choice

RonKSLim

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:58 AM

RonKSLim

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
QUOTE (scenic @ Sep 26 2011, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In M'sia especially people treat it like it is some super model and nothing else except Camry. Many have not owned other Brands of cars and yet start to critisise them based on hearsays of grandmother, grandfather stories. Camry after year 2003 onwards is all craps if you ask me. Take a close look of their subsequent built quality and materials used. People here talk freely on the internet as if other Brands stopped improving on their products 20 years ago. smile_tongue.gif This is why people see Toyota only must go and buy whether new or recon units. Cheers.

Actually not easy to be a cab... Only very reliable cars become cabs... For example, you may find lots of Benz cabs in Germany but probably none which are Bimmers... Cabs run thousands of kms a month and some need to be serviced once a fortnight...

roocarroll

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:19 PM

roocarroll

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 597 posts
They should put the hospitals on full alert for the launch of the new Camry. All those over sixtys getting all excited, can't be good for their health.

astroguy74

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:02 PM

astroguy74

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
QUOTE (RonKSLim @ Sep 26 2011, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually not easy to be a cab... Only very reliable cars become cabs... For example, you may find lots of Benz cabs in Germany but probably none which are Bimmers... Cabs run thousands of kms a month and some need to be serviced once a fortnight...

i used to own Altis..
and when i went to Bangkok.. i am very 'proud' coz all the taxis are Altis..
and in Jakarta.. most taxis are Vios and Innova
and when I am in Dubai .. most taxis are Camry..
and i know that Toyota make reliable products..

but if i ever wanted to get a ride in a toyota.. then i always can get a cab..

but if i wanted to drive on my own then i get other brands...

profkaizen

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:14 PM

profkaizen

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 998 posts
QUOTE (astroguy74 @ Oct 3 2011, 02:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i used to own Altis..
and when i went to Bangkok.. i am very 'proud' coz all the taxis are Altis..
and in Jakarta.. most taxis are Vios and Innova
and when I am in Dubai .. most taxis are Camry..
and i know that Toyota make reliable products..

but if i ever wanted to get a ride in a toyota.. then i always can get a cab..

but if i wanted to drive on my own then i get other brands...

Then take a cab and drive a non-Toyota. Majority of the HongKies take cabs, why worry? As a Toyota owner and also a Mazda owner] cost-of-ownership is and important criteria for me, so whether, Toyota's are taxis or even "koon-choi-cheh" [hearse carriage] it does not matter to me, but if a car that is deemed as a "prestigious" car and gives me a lot of down-time and design nonsence and high costs-of-ownership ...then I will rather take a cab smile.gif

johnrck99

Posted 13 October 2011 - 02:57 PM

johnrck99

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
QUOTE (selvadt @ Aug 31 2011, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am planning to get Camry soon but with the launch of the 2012 Camry, has created some confusion.

I have a few questions:
1. The Malaysian (Non-US) Model will only have slight variation in design?
2. When will it be available for booking?
3. The entry level is 2.5L? If this is the case, what about 2.0L?
4. Will the current model be cheaper after the new model launch?
5. Will the hybrid version be launched in Malaysia and when?

Thanks.

hi TS,

Before I bought my 2.0G in late Dec09, I already heard a lot of rumours on the Camry 2012 (then was called 2011). Not having much information from SA (as usual) and based on my gut feeling and guestimation, I proceeded to buy it because of the following own justification.

- when new camry 2012 is out, it is going to be a bolehland assembled. current camry is assembled in sawadee land. I worked with many engineers in thai and i like their working attitude. i have more confident with their workmanship on the product. look at H ass-embly plant in melaka.... the workman-sh*t is really boleh!

- many gadgets will be added, perhaps new engine and new tranny... but it wont be cheap. Even a FL already cost few Ks, do u think our dear U&W will be so nice? furthermore, Accord FL is a letdown and our dear C is selling like 700+ units pm. Surely the U&W is sharpening the parang now! Even though the SC now tell me the price could be in the same region, u believe him? I dont:)

- Yes, could be 7 speed CVT which I think its very2 nice as I tested on Altis.... But.... the current Camry is sold so widely... tested, used, fedback and for so long, it is still NOT without any problem..... so? I rather pick the old C which is already proven with most problem known and solved.... It is like not picking d problem free car but rather pick the car with the least unknown prob.

- finally when the US version of Camry 2012 is out, I think its ugly... but the JDM version looks quite good but I dont like the rear part and the interior. I hope i m not bias but I do think that the Camry 2012 JDM is more sporty looking while the current Camry is more high-class looking. As for me I prefer Camry to look highclass than sports.
The SC actually have seen the new Camry 2012 in Shah Alam and when I asked him while showing him the JDM pic, his reply " Dont know if the rear part will be nice or not hor?" he answered with doubt... haha...

Sometimes, new model can be uglier than old model (eg: Vios- Britney Spear vs Vios-Dugong)- my personal opinion.

So? U either can
- book the current camry now and push for fast delivery
- wait till 2012 model (maybe 9 more painful months to go)
- buy something else (afterall, camry is not the only option nor it is d best option)

Good luck TS

eskay2012

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:22 PM

eskay2012

6th Gear

• Members
  • 6 posts
QUOTE (swinee @ Sep 1 2011, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
definitely not those..those are the previous US camry.. smile_blush.gif
the 2012 asia version is like this smile_blush.gif

When i first saw the US version, I said.......oh no. The US version does looks like left over front lights from Honda Civics & rear lights from Honda Accord. However, the JDM or the so called Asian version offered some comfort.

First impression of JDM, it does resemble Lexus' grills. No doubt, it has a grander look but is toyota playing it a little too safe? Doesnt Toyota notices all those sexy LED lights that Audi, WV and even Merc incorporated into their front lights? Does it comes with all those gadgets that the US version offered? ie the stern reverse camera, JBL speakers, bluetooth, build in GPS and etc........

Well, my 2007 Camry will be 5 by next year...................and time to change for next car. Not neccessary for the 2012 camry, also depends if the hybrid version is available. Otherwise, any suggestions / proposals? Hey, the newly launched Passat & Jetta ............is very hot. Any other proposals?

scenic

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:57 PM

scenic

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts
anymore news on the 2012 all new Camry ? rolleyes.gif
director's choice

trijuta

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:58 AM

trijuta

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 726 posts
The Front
- Got his brother Lexus look.. wub.gif

The Rear
- US version more nicer compare with asian. happy.gif

The Elevation
- If can provide sharp/outstand bodyline even better. sleep.gif

The Interior
- PlayStation steering controller? hmmm~ dry.gif (personally don't like it)
- Still wooden pattern? hmmm~ dry.gif (personally can't accept it). If can replace this material with leather and nice stitching will love it very much. smile_tongue.gif

sammyvellu

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:12 AM

sammyvellu

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,636 posts
I like the strong frontal resemblance of the 2012 Unkraine Camry to the LS460 (my dream car)