Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

New

• Please log in to reply

vr2turbo

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:00 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (jackson @ Nov 9 2011, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
smile_blush.gif yup.

You are over stocked....... smile_shock.gif

amanda88

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:59 PM

amanda88

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
QUOTE (jessietan @ Nov 6 2011, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Amanda,

Your flickr site is down? I am still very impressed by your car interior. It really looks like brand new, straight from the showroom.

I remember in one of your photos, you have a keyhole just beside your gear? Is that a gear lock? Did that come as standard?

Sorry about that. I am moving my photos to another site and will update my post later with the new site.

There is some delay detailing my car exterior because my friend is currently too busy and also the weather nowadays is not too good. Probably by end of this month or early Dec and I will put up the photos.

However, I was given the following instructions to washing:

1. Use two pails: one with water and another with shampoo.
2. Rinse the whole car thoroughly, then use mitten to wash the car.
3. Start from the top and then finish at the bottom. Imagine the car like a "kueh lapis". Wash layer by layer. Before proceeding to wash the next layer below, wash the mitten in the water bucket. Then dip into shampoo bucket and wash the next layer. Repeat until reach the car bottom.
4. Rinse car thoroughly with water to remove all shampoo.
5. Dry car with the special dry towel.

Anything else? My friend said this is basic washing and would proceed to tell me the next step after I have mastered this level! Okay, I have to admit this is all new to me. I never realize washing car had "special" routine!

Vr2turbo,
Nice photo of the coolmax. Just as I imagine it to be. Is it easy to put them on? May I know how much?

_.._ _ _.._ _| _.
(_|| | |(_|| |(_|(_|

jackson

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:13 PM

jackson

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts
QUOTE (amanda88 @ Nov 10 2011, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

3. Start from the top and then finish at the bottom. Imagine the car like a "kueh lapis". Wash layer by layer. Before proceeding to wash the next layer below, wash the mitten in the water bucket. Then dip into shampoo bucket and wash the next layer. Repeat until reach the car bottom.

Anything else? My friend said this is basic washing and would proceed to tell me the next step after I have mastered this level! Okay, I have to admit this is all new to me. I never realize washing car had "special" routine!

really makes me curious to know who your friend is. is he a fellow forummer from penang?

anyway, those steps are indeed smile_thumbup.gif unless you already have them, you need to get;
i) a proper wash mitt (have MF type, sponge type, wool type)
ii) a proper drying towel (waffle weave or chamois drying cloth)
iii) preferably a grit guard too. but since you are using the 2BM (2 bucket method), that may not be necessary.

have fun learning the proper wash methods smile_cool.gif
It's easy when you know how...

eohl79

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:27 PM

eohl79

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Good. If two buckets, make sure water bucket has plenty of water. Also don't rinse the cloth after finishing a layer or panel. Rinse it before dipping wash mitt in the shampoo bucket everytime to ensure dirt is not transferred into the shampoo and back onto the car. Livina is a big car. I would always keep the car wet even before doing the final rinsing to avoid water spots.

vr2turbo

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:34 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (jackson @ Nov 10 2011, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
really makes me curious to know who your friend is. is he a fellow forummer from penang?

anyway, those steps are indeed smile_thumbup.gif unless you already have them, you need to get;
i) a proper wash mitt (have MF type, sponge type, wool type)
ii) a proper drying towel (waffle weave or chamois drying cloth)
iii) preferably a grit guard too. but since you are using the 2BM (2 bucket method), that may not be necessary.

have fun learning the proper wash methods smile_cool.gif

Yup, I am curious too, as we have many members from up north.... smile_thumbup.gif

2BM also need grid guard is better, so when rinsing won't churn up the dirt at the bottom..... smile_tongue.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:40 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
Sorry about that. I am moving my photos to another site and will update my post later with the new site.

There is some delay detailing my car exterior because my friend is currently too busy and also the weather nowadays is not too good. Probably by end of this month or early Dec and I will put up the photos.

Vr2turbo,
Nice photo of the coolmax. Just as I imagine it to be. Is it easy to put them on? May I know how much?

Hi Amanda,
Where will be your wash routine. If in the Condo basement out of the sun, then okay.
The method is smile_thumbup.gif

But if washing somewhere that is warm/hot or in open, I will rinse off the shampoo after every wash layer. This is to prevent the shampoo from drying, because you have many layers to wash, and by the time you do the bottom, the top may have dried.

In you know how to fit, then it is very easy to install the coolmax. I got mine from Jusco at around RM45 per pc.

amanda88

Posted 12 November 2011 - 12:04 AM

amanda88

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Thank you, jackson, vr2turbo and eohl79, for your replies. Okay, my Penang friend is not a pro detailer and AFAIK he is not a member here. I think he participates in other forums. I am not sure. I'll ask him next time around.

_.._ _ _.._ _| _.
(_|| | |(_|| |(_|(_|

vr2turbo

Posted 12 November 2011 - 12:32 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (amanda88 @ Nov 12 2011, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you, jackson, vr2turbo and eohl79, for your replies. Okay, my Penang friend is not a pro detailer and AFAIK he is not a member here. I think he participates in other forums. I am not sure. I'll ask him next time around.

you are welcome....

Our Penang members are also not pros. All mostly DIY enthusiast.....they hold monthly tt and all that...... smile_thumbup.gif

amanda88

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:49 PM

amanda88

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Hi everyone! It's been some time since I posted. I got some news. I'm not sure you guys remember that I had a very stubborn black stain on my gear cover. Here:

DSCF8289.JPG

I know, I know. The stain is small but I tried degreaser, soap, and even my friend's Stain Remover from several brands. I can't remember all the stain remover brands but I think they were Meguiars, Turtle and Car Plan, maybe Polyglaze (?).

None worked or they needed a lot of scrubbing. I just got too lazy scrubbing. Hahaha.

I noticed hardware stores sell all sorts of stain removers (not specifically for cars though). I never bothered because I thought they probably wouldn't work. But on a whim one day, I bought Tech Stain remover.

Guess what? It worked! It still required a lot of scrubbing but much easier that others. Eventually the stain disappeared. Wow, such a fantastic product.

Has anyone tried this product? What is your best stain remover you use?
_.._ _ _.._ _| _.
(_|| | |(_|| |(_|(_|

showtime

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:06 AM

showtime

5th Gear

• Members
  • 5 posts
QUOTE (amanda88 @ May 1 2012, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi everyone! It's been some time since I posted. I got some news. I'm not sure you guys remember that I had a very stubborn black stain on my gear cover. Here:

DSCF8289.JPG

I know, I know. The stain is small but I tried degreaser, soap, and even my friend's Stain Remover from several brands. I can't remember all the stain remover brands but I think they were Meguiars, Turtle and Car Plan, maybe Polyglaze (?).

None worked or they needed a lot of scrubbing. I just got too lazy scrubbing. Hahaha.

I noticed hardware stores sell all sorts of stain removers (not specifically for cars though). I never bothered because I thought they probably wouldn't work. But on a whim one day, I bought Tech Stain remover.

Guess what? It worked! It still required a lot of scrubbing but much easier that others. Eventually the stain disappeared. Wow, such a fantastic product.

Has anyone tried this product? What is your best stain remover you use?

You can try something that can clean even the finest interior surfaces(including leather) in dilution or cleaning caked on brake dust at full strength. Even safe on clear coat paints at 1:3. Its called Optimum Power Clean. Tested & proven by most enthusiast.

REMEMBER! DILUTION FOR INTERIOR IS BEST AT 1:3 & DO NOT LET DRY! EVER!