Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

NEW Honda EX5 DREAM Machine below RM4000

• Please log in to reply

gUNSHEAD

Posted 19 March 2003 - 09:51 AM

gUNSHEAD

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts
New one...launching in April 2, 2003
check

http://www.star-moto...03/bhbshon.html

rsa25

Posted 19 March 2003 - 01:07 PM

rsa25

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts
No picture wan aa...

ZZRPilot

Posted 20 March 2003 - 10:36 AM

ZZRPilot

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,590 posts
Clever devils made the engine displacement 10cc less than Modenass Kriss to enable the sub RM4K pricing. Otherwise, sure kena veto from the gov't!

nenas

Posted 20 March 2003 - 08:37 PM

nenas

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
I believe this is "really" good news. Never mind about 100cc, as long as the new model tahan lasak and good quality as the previous EX5, it is more than enough for daily use. Old model EX5 has been sold very well due to it's superior quality and best "pick-up" for heavy duty use. Hope Boon Siew continue the traditions in the new EX5 Dream model.

Somehow I believe the parts are from our neighbour Thailand factory. Look at the Honda's Dream in Thailand, (http://www.aphonda.co.th) .. would it still as good as the old EX5 model? I doubt it is...., however let wait til it come out. The current EX5 Class and EX5 Class 1 exactly same as the Honda Wave in Thailand and to be frank, both model are using cheap panel plastics and built quality is not as good as OLD EX5.

Honda fuel consumption is the BEST!

zombie

Posted 21 March 2003 - 01:03 AM

zombie

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,717 posts
Saw the pic in the Star today. Looks just like the classic EX5. Yupe... for price to drop, something must go. No free lunch on this planet.

Topcat

Posted 22 March 2003 - 10:23 AM

Topcat

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
zombie,
I agree with you 100%. I always hear all the pakciks who used the old EX-5 say that their "old" bike is better than the new ones that are currently being sold.

Definitely no such thing as a free lunch.

satria00

Posted 25 March 2003 - 12:10 PM

satria00

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,160 posts
Btw. wats the different between the current EX-5 and the Dream model besides the price??

Hope the quality will maintain from the the current model in-terms of engine and other plastic panels.

nenas

Posted 25 March 2003 - 04:31 PM

nenas

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
Not sure what is the different(s), new model EX5 Dream will be launch on April 2nd, available for public view at any Honda Motor dealers as soon it is launch. I believe Roda-Roda mag. will have their "review" out soon after the launch. Anyway, what do you expect from the less than RM4000 EX5 Dream quality compare to current RM4500++ EX5 ?? Let wait til the new model come out. By the way, I am looking for a new current oldies EX5 model, but no more stock... , all sold out. If new model "tarak shoq", then lets do 2nd hand EX5. If ok, I'll take the new models, tand will let you guys know how the new bike perform.

ex5Rider

Posted 31 March 2003 - 09:43 AM

ex5Rider

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
no more stock for classic ex5...
so honda finally cut off the good ol' ex5..
so will the 2nd hand value of ex5 go up ah?Big Smile
any idea what the current market value for a 2 year classic ex5 ... thinking to let go my one but don't wan kena 'chop' by kedai motor....
thanks. Smile

zombie

Posted 31 March 2003 - 10:24 AM

zombie

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,717 posts
Sold my 3yr old classic for 2.3K. Letting go 2 yr-old EX5 to shop will be similar to being sodomaised by them.. ;p