Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Beware Of Ban Hooi Klang

• Please log in to reply

XRS

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:45 PM

XRS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
QUOTE (cygnus @ Jul 28 2009, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...this is the root cause. Some ppl juz dun like to get told for wat to do. Why didn't u check on the spot? You may get a free new set of rims...

Are you kidding? Just because I nicely tell them to be slightly careful with my rims, and they have the right to do otherwise?
New set of rims? don't think so with their kind of snobbish attitude... they don't even bother to be abit careful, I don't see how can i expect them to give me a free set of rims...no logic to that

alihantu

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:12 AM

alihantu

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
As far as i remember, this is not the first time Ban Hooi Klang being a topic of dissatisfaction in this forum.

bOROi

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:16 AM

bOROi

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
QUOTE (XRS @ Jul 29 2009, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you kidding? Just because I nicely tell them to be slightly careful with my rims, and they have the right to do otherwise?
New set of rims? don't think so with their kind of snobbish attitude... they don't even bother to be abit careful, I don't see how can i expect them to give me a free set of rims...no logic to that

agree with you there bro.....if even with a friendly reminder also they take offence.....to expect a free set of replacement rims is just like expecting everyone in Malaysia getting one AP permit each. smile_blush.gif
Myah United Rules!!!!

vr2turbo

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:28 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (SplitFire @ Jul 29 2009, 12:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's a piece of plastic fix on the prying rod to protect the rim mar... So when pry and turn the wheel, that plastic can avoid direct contact of the pryer and rim. As they slides along happily ever after..... biggrin.gif

Maybe not a lot of tyre shop using this piece of plactic.

The pryer is metal. If not mistaken, the plastic you are referring in plugged in the opposite end to push the tyre bead to the centre of the rims, so that when the tyre turn it is easy for the tyres to come out. But still on the pryer side the metal rod have to be there to lead the tyres out of the rims.....

vr2turbo

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:30 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (bOROi @ Jul 30 2009, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
agree with you there bro.....if even with a friendly reminder also they take offence.....to expect a free set of replacement rims is just like expecting everyone in Malaysia getting one AP permit each. smile_blush.gif

Free rims replacement? My friend kena tear his tyres (different shop) when removing from the rims, and they don't even take responsibility...... smile_blackeye.gif

zhienteddy

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:23 PM

zhienteddy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
QUOTE (XRS @ Jul 26 2009, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Went there to change my tyres, when i came back realise all my rims had curb rashes due to the way they pry my old tyres out
Already told them to do it carefully, but due to bad attitude and brisk business, i guess they won't bother

My advise to those that care about their rims, don't visit this place although their prices maybe 5-10% cheaper

smile_angry.gif

well.. maybe u buy rims tat time u nvr check properly? how can they scrape ur rims when installing new tires? most my family's n frens car change tires there, a least 6-8sets a year. so far so gud. honest sales person n ofcourse their honest price. i'm from subang, dun mind goin somewhere further cause i juz dun like some tire shops from sunway n glenmarie sell tires also 5-15% more expensive.

zhienteddy

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:25 PM

zhienteddy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jul 30 2009, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The pryer is metal. If not mistaken, the plastic you are referring in plugged in the opposite end to push the tyre bead to the centre of the rims, so that when the tyre turn it is easy for the tyres to come out. But still on the pryer side the metal rod have to be there to lead the tyres out of the rims.....

n ban hooi guys always oil ur rim sidewalls before taking off or putting on new tires. sheer bad luck if wat u claim is true ts

vr2turbo

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:42 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (zhienteddy @ Dec 20 2011, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
n ban hooi guys always oil ur rim sidewalls before taking off or putting on new tires. sheer bad luck if wat u claim is true ts

That is special tyre lubricant or some use soapy water. Oil cannot as it will react with the rubber......

musso

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:34 PM

musso

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jul 30 2009, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Free rims replacement? My friend kena tear his tyres (different shop) when removing from the rims, and they don't even take responsibility...... smile_blackeye.gif

vr2turbo,
which shop is that? hope u don't mind sharing so that nobody else falls victim.

vr2turbo

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:40 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (musso @ Dec 21 2011, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
vr2turbo,
which shop is that? hope u don't mind sharing so that nobody else falls victim.

Sorry, some time back, but actually he did not mention. He just heartsick had to buy another tyre.... smile_shock.gif