Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Michelin Pilot Sports 3 (ps3)

• Please log in to reply

vr2turbo

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:17 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (idsi2007 @ Jul 15 2014, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After think think think. At last decided to get back the PS3. Got it Rm255/pcs (steel valve) in Touch Auto Care Bandar Puchong Jaya. If using rubber valve is RM 250/pcs including tyre balancing and alignment.
Above pricing is in cash term and must replace 4 tires at a tinm. The tire given is manufactured on 2114. I'm quite happy as they give me a very new tires. I observed that the current PS3, the tire groove have slightly different from my previous one.
After change the new tire, the car become more quite and comfortable. The previous set was clock 40k km. Still have around 25% thread, due to coming Raya need to travel to Bukit Tinggi Pahang so better change it all.
Hopefully this new set tires can last me as previous one. smile_wink.gif

For 195/55R15 is good price, since cover alignment and valves too, especially RM5 only for metal valves.

tkyong1

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:48 AM

tkyong1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
you seems very familiar with Yoko.

My accord is fitted with Michelin PS3 (235/45/18).

Will changing to Yoko V551 (245/45/18) give softer and more silent ride? I prefer silent and softer ride.

vr2turbo

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:59 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (tkyong1 @ Aug 12 2014, 11:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you seems very familiar with Yoko.

My accord is fitted with Michelin PS3 (235/45/18).

Will changing to Yoko V551 (245/45/18) give softer and more silent ride? I prefer silent and softer ride.

V551 will be more quiet then PS3, but handling and grip PS3 is better. V551 belongs to Mid comfort performance category and PS3 are UHP.
Which model of Accord and is 235/45R18 your original tyre size? Going to 245, make sure your rear wheel arch have enough space for the wider tyres and also the front have enough space for full steering turn left and right

2420l

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:02 PM

2420l

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 631 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Aug 12 2014, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
V551 will be more quiet then PS3, but handling and grip PS3 is better. V551 belongs to Mid comfort performance category and PS3 are UHP.
Which model of Accord and is 235/45R18 your original tyre size? Going to 245, make sure your rear wheel arch have enough space for the wider tyres and also the front have enough space for full steering turn left and right

sure the current Accord model with LED headlamp

vr2turbo

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:37 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (2420l @ Aug 13 2014, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sure the current Accord model with LED headlamp

ha! ha! ask because two friend with previous models also on that tyre size but theirs are upgraded ones....

eason8

Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:43 PM

eason8

5th Gear

• Members
  • 5 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Aug 13 2014, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ha! ha! ask because two friend with previous models also on that tyre size but theirs are upgraded ones....

Hi all, just to share my experience here after changing PS3 tires (front only). I noticed PS3 is quiet and handles the cornering very well. The only bad thing I can senses is the rolling resistance is slightly higher than my CBU tires (Dunlop SP Sport 01).

To all sifu here, can anyone advise what is the normal rate of losing tire pressure assuming everything is in good condition? I searched the Internet and found an article from Michelin stating that, under normal condition, tires lose up to 1psi every month. Is this true?
I'm starting to suspect my wheel/tire are having leakage if this is true, because my car can easily lose 2psi in a week (since I got the car in new condition). Is this normal?

Thank you very much.

vr2turbo

Posted 15 October 2014 - 07:58 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (eason8 @ Oct 14 2014, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all, just to share my experience here after changing PS3 tires (front only). I noticed PS3 is quiet and handles the cornering very well. The only bad thing I can senses is the rolling resistance is slightly higher than my CBU tires (Dunlop SP Sport 01).

To all sifu here, can anyone advise what is the normal rate of losing tire pressure assuming everything is in good condition? I searched the Internet and found an article from Michelin stating that, under normal condition, tires lose up to 1psi every month. Is this true?
I'm starting to suspect my wheel/tire are having leakage if this is true, because my car can easily lose 2psi in a week (since I got the car in new condition). Is this normal?

Thank you very much.

How you judge the rolling resistance is worse on the PS3?

As for air loss, should be 1psi per month. 2psi per week is too much, means in a month you would have lost 8psi already and you will be under inflated already. Are all your tyres losing air that fast or only one of them?
Get them checked. Look for any puncture (nail/screw), check the valve, check the valve cap also for any pebbles inside and lastly submerge the tyre in water and check the sidewall bead area against the rims... smile_tongue.gif

eason8

Posted 15 October 2014 - 11:45 AM

eason8

5th Gear

• Members
  • 5 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Oct 15 2014, 07:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How you judge the rolling resistance is worse on the PS3?

As for air loss, should be 1psi per month. 2psi per week is too much, means in a month you would have lost 8psi already and you will be under inflated already. Are all your tyres losing air that fast or only one of them?
Get them checked. Look for any puncture (nail/screw), check the valve, check the valve cap also for any pebbles inside and lastly submerge the tyre in water and check the sidewall bead area against the rims... smile_tongue.gif

I didn't say it's worst on PS3. I should say "slightly higher" is around 5-10% difference only. How I judge is basically when I let go my pedal and let the car rolling on it's own, for example, usually the car can roll freely around 200 meters on it's own, but now maybe around 150-180 meters only (ECO driving).
Of course to be fair to PS3, as I stated, I'm using only 2 PS3 tires on the front, maybe next time I change all 4 to PS3 will be more accurate. Overall I found PS3 is very good actually, highly recommend and that's why I will change my rear to PS3 too.

As for the air loss, it's happening to all 4 tires. It's not a particular single tire, it happen equally on all 4 pieces since day-1. That's why I asked. I think I need to get it inspected and change the valve on all four. Does metal or rubber based valve better?

flee

Posted 15 October 2014 - 02:11 PM

flee

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,018 posts
You should change your valves each time you change your tyres.
Regards,
Flee

vr2turbo

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:20 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (flee @ Oct 15 2014, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You should change your valves each time you change your tyres.

Yup, that should be a normal thing to do for rubber valves. Metal valves you can check and tighten the nuts.