Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Conti Csc5 Reviews

• Please log in to reply

swinee

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:35 PM

swinee

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
QUOTE (LanGanu007 @ Jul 29 2011, 02:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got myself a pair of CSC5 size 215/50/17 to fit our family saloon recently. Will be getting the second pair of CSC5 in the not too distant future.

Just wanted to try this tyre since heard and read so much about it on independent tyre reviews but no real life users here yet.

At the moment I've done almost 4500km on it and it does live up to what those independent foreign reviews claimed. Being a rear wheel drive car, I noticed that my rear end (this new pair of CSC5 are fitted to my rear wheels) doesn't seem to be too tail happy when pushed beyond the limits of the car's traction compared to my previous set. This is in damp/wet driving conditions. In the dry... smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

It is of course no rain king as what the GY Eagle F1 GSD3 (and the soon to be launched GSD5) is when it comes to aquaplanning resistance, but I have to admit that, as what Bro vr2turbo always highlighted, the straight line grooves in combination to deep longkangs certainly made the CSC5 feel almost as good as the GSD3 in aquaplanning resistance smile_tongue.gif Maybe it's the "Blackchilli compound" doing its job smile_clown.gif

Anyway, for our fellow forumers' info and reference, the CSC5's stock characteristics are AA for Traction; A for Temperature and Treadwear is at 280.

Will be reporting more on this in the times to come...especially when all 4 wheels are on CSC5 smile_wink.gif

wah..again trying new stuff in the market as usual..hehehe.. smile_thumbup.gif
wait for ur long term review

vr2turbo

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:50 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (swinee @ Jul 29 2011, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wah..again trying new stuff in the market as usual..hehehe.. smile_thumbup.gif
wait for ur long term review

He is performance kaki mah....... smile_thumbup.gif

LanGanu007

Posted 01 August 2011 - 02:25 AM

LanGanu007

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 577 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jul 29 2011, 07:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro. Nighthawk,
Good for us that you are now trying another brand and model.....at least got some feedback.
Ah, what is the price of the CSC5?

For my size (215/50/17) the Continental Dealer in Melaka sold it to me for RM580 per piece with Nitrogen filled into it (he even emptied my old pair of air and refilled it with Nitrogen at no extra cost...this dealer really sayang me lah I think wub.gif )

The same dealer offered me Conti Max MC5 of the same size for RM500 per piece. Like I said, for a reasonable amount extra, you get premium stuff in the CSC5 trink39.gif
--007--

LanGanu007

Posted 01 August 2011 - 02:26 AM

LanGanu007

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 577 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jul 29 2011, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He is performance kaki mah....... smile_thumbup.gif

Err, don't say like thatlah Ninja vr2turbo...me "taubat" oredi. No more performance kaki...now only cruising kaki 059.gif
--007--

LanGanu007

Posted 01 August 2011 - 02:48 AM

LanGanu007

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 577 posts
But my habit of looking forward to drive in rainy conditions remains smile_wink.gif
--007--

vr2turbo

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:32 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (LanGanu007 @ Aug 1 2011, 02:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For my size (215/50/17) the Continental Dealer in Melaka sold it to me for RM580 per piece with Nitrogen filled into it (he even emptied my old pair of air and refilled it with Nitrogen at no extra cost...this dealer really sayang me lah I think wub.gif )

The same dealer offered me Conti Max MC5 of the same size for RM500 per piece. Like I said, for a reasonable amount extra, you get premium stuff in the CSC5 trink39.gif

Hmmm...... your Melaka dealer good to you leh! I remember you got the PS3 very cheap also.....for your Evo... smile_tongue.gif

QUOTE (LanGanu007 @ Aug 1 2011, 02:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Err, don't say like thatlah Ninja vr2turbo...me "taubat" oredi. No more performance kaki...now only cruising kaki 059.gif

QUOTE (LanGanu007 @ Aug 1 2011, 02:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But my habit of looking forward to drive in rainy conditions remains smile_wink.gif

I rest my case......kakakakaka smile_big.gif

LanGanu007

Posted 02 August 2011 - 04:29 AM

LanGanu007

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 577 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Aug 1 2011, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I rest my case......kakakakaka smile_big.gif

But the "problem" with this CSC5 is that it is making me attack corners as though I'm driving an AWD rice rocket when in reality I'm just driving the family cruising saloon smile_blackeye.gif
--007--

vr2turbo

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:44 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (LanGanu007 @ Aug 2 2011, 04:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But the "problem" with this CSC5 is that it is making me attack corners as though I'm driving an AWD rice rocket when in reality I'm just driving the family cruising saloon smile_blackeye.gif

In other words, the tyres made you do it......kakakakakaka smile_big.gif
So if the price is right we have serious contender for the GY Asy 2?? smile_wink.gif

LanGanu007

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:17 AM

LanGanu007

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 577 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Aug 2 2011, 07:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In other words, the tyres made you do it......kakakakakaka smile_big.gif
So if the price is right we have serious contender for the GY Asy 2?? smile_wink.gif

Ha Ha Ha...something like that...the tyres made me do it smile_blackeye.gif

IMHO, it is not likely the CSC5 will outdo the GY Asy 2 based on the price as I believe, the GY Asy 2 will be a good value for money buy if based on its pricing during the Asy 1 phase smile_thumbup.gif

But if based on performance alone, I can't compare the CSC5 against the GY Asy 2 as I've not experienced the Asy 2 yet but I can definitely say that the CSC5 is subjectively way better than PSS based on myself driving our colleague's F10 M5 at Nurburgring Nordschleife 2 weeks ago. They were doing a subjective comparison to determine which one to be selected as OEM for the soon to be launched F10 M5. They shortlisted the choices to the PSS, CSC5 and PZero.

So the big question is how does the PSS compare to GY Asy 2 (on performance alone, excluding the pricing factor). Thereafter we can theoretically analyse how the GY Asy 2 measures up against the CSC5 smile_tongue.gif But of course, this is just theoretically...tyre comparison should always be based on the combination of such theoretical analysis and practical testing smile_thumbup.gif
--007--

vr2turbo

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:04 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (LanGanu007 @ Aug 3 2011, 01:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ha Ha Ha...something like that...the tyres made me do it smile_blackeye.gif

IMHO, it is not likely the CSC5 will outdo the GY Asy 2 based on the price as I believe, the GY Asy 2 will be a good value for money buy if based on its pricing during the Asy 1 phase smile_thumbup.gif

But if based on performance alone, I can't compare the CSC5 against the GY Asy 2 as I've not experienced the Asy 2 yet but I can definitely say that the CSC5 is subjectively way better than PSS based on myself driving our colleague's F10 M5 at Nurburgring Nordschleife 2 weeks ago. They were doing a subjective comparison to determine which one to be selected as OEM for the soon to be launched F10 M5. They shortlisted the choices to the PSS, CSC5 and PZero.

So the big question is how does the PSS compare to GY Asy 2 (on performance alone, excluding the pricing factor). Thereafter we can theoretically analyse how the GY Asy 2 measures up against the CSC5 smile_tongue.gif But of course, this is just theoretically...tyre comparison should always be based on the combination of such theoretical analysis and practical testing smile_thumbup.gif

Well, Practical is still the best. Anyway, different cars also will give different results.
In the latest launch of GY F1 D5 and Asy 2, they ask how we felt after testing the tyres and my reply was in future if testing 2 different tyres, try to fit the tyres to the same type of car. The F1 D5 were on the Civic and Asy 2 were on the Beemers. Different weight, different feel, one EWD and one RWD, really hard to tell on the tyres.....