Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Honda Civic Fd2 No Quality, Waste Money

• Please log in to reply

wongdaniel

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:29 AM

wongdaniel

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Toyota is beter. Why never test propely before!
我愛夏日長

astroguy74

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:46 AM

astroguy74

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
QUOTE (wongdaniel @ Aug 17 2011, 07:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah toyota is much better as a taxi; very reliable and boring.

ManU

Posted 21 August 2011 - 06:16 PM

ManU

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts
QUOTE (blackdolph @ Jan 27 2011, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with ricky regarding the quality of the FD2. Can understand his frustration. Mine is 2007 model and until today I have spent close to RM20K on maintaining it since new. The biggest shit that happened is the steering rack that started making noise at about 115K kms. Since I don't trust the parts sold by Honda Malaysia, I bought a new set from Japan. Compared with the old unit and it's clear that the quality is not the same(cheaper to buy from Japan too).

My experience with Honda started with 2000 Accord(till today). From there, got recon 1997 CRV(sold last year to be replaced by current model), 2007 City and also 2010 City. I can say that the recon CRV was the best quality compared to the rest of the models. Wheel bearing, brakes(all locally sold Hondas have SHITTY brakes), suspension(guarantee have to change absorber before warranty end or right after that) and some other nitty gritty stuff.

I can live with shitty brakes and suspension(Japanese car maker don't know nuts about these) but the breaking point was the steering rack. Have never experience steering rack failure is any of my cars in less than 200K kms usage. No more Honda and Toyota(2007 Camry steering rack also failed at about 110K kms) after this.

Have you owned 2007 camry before ? the steering rack u meant = intermediate sterring shaft, rite ?? How did u solve the problem? changed new set? or can find from kedai potong or not?

taycheng

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:14 PM

taycheng

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
Almost every car have some problems. Thats life

SplitFire

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:30 PM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,878 posts
QUOTE (taycheng @ Aug 23 2011, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Almost every car have some problems. Thats life

Surprisingly I have not met any big major issue or frequent break down or things like that in my 18 years of ownership of different brands from Proton, Daihatsu, Perodua, Isuzu, Mitsubishi & Toyota Lexus. smile_big.gif

Sometimes luck do play a part on it. Touchwood.
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

whathef

Posted 24 August 2011 - 09:04 AM

whathef

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 807 posts
QUOTE (wongdaniel @ Aug 17 2011, 07:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Honest statement from a toyota owner, copied from a toyota thread:

"Guys, dont expect too much from vios becos through my experience of 3.5 years with my G spec i found this car is not worth the price we pay for, firstly the noise problem everyone is complaining, secondly, the parts quality is not as we guys expected, well i have change twice the front absorber twice the engine mounting, the air cond. compressor once, the lower arm both side n many complain about the timing i mean the rpm, my rpm is only 620 rpm with a/c on, but until today they still cant solve it until finally they told me its like that. All those mention change during warranty except the lower arm. How hassle is it to change the parts, the time wasted n going to the sc. Worst part is recently when i sat in my friend saga FL model, the saga is even more quiet than the vios."

smile_thumbup.gif

taycheng

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:38 PM

taycheng

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
QUOTE (whathef @ Aug 24 2011, 09:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Honest statement from a toyota owner, copied from a toyota thread:

"Guys, dont expect too much from vios becos through my experience of 3.5 years with my G spec i found this car is not worth the price we pay for, firstly the noise problem everyone is complaining, secondly, the parts quality is not as we guys expected, well i have change twice the front absorber twice the engine mounting, the air cond. compressor once, the lower arm both side n many complain about the timing i mean the rpm, my rpm is only 620 rpm with a/c on, but until today they still cant solve it until finally they told me its like that. All those mention change during warranty except the lower arm. How hassle is it to change the parts, the time wasted n going to the sc. Worst part is recently when i sat in my friend saga FL model, the saga is even more quiet than the vios."

smile_thumbup.gif

That happened to me. I took a lift in the current Saga with a colleague who drives her daily Vios and was taken a back by how good the Saga is today.

rickyoac

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:08 PM

rickyoac

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
Product update exercise again . Problem like coming no end.

Be Wise To Survive

TypeR

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:03 PM

TypeR

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13,742 posts
Product Recall = Rectification of a faulty part or system
Product Update = Upgrade of an existing non-faulty part or system, as part of an improvement initiative.

tanhb

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:46 PM

tanhb

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,963 posts
The product update on Civic FD1 2006-2008 model only covered the pressured hose & not entire Power steering system. As I mentioned earlier & others, power steering failure started ~ 110K km.. and now they acknowledged it but those 2006 already started changing in Early 2010. After I called them, they told me evethough I hv replaced, they are still going to replace the one that I replace & no refund..Worst for those already affecting the entire power steering system, they are not going to replace the whole power steering set!!
Nissan Sunny 1995......Wira 1.5A 1997.....Citroen ZX1.8  2002....Nissan Sentra 1.6 2004.....Waja 1.6X 2004 (Co car)....Honda 8th Gen 1.8 2006...Hyundai Sonata YF 2011