Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Checklist For Picking Up New 308

• Please log in to reply

rayzel

Posted 13 August 2009 - 11:06 AM

rayzel

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
QUOTE (khlee23 @ Aug 13 2009, 10:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One more item.
Check Coolant. Make sure it is either green or blue in color. Mine was clear/milky-yellowish color. So decided to flush it at 10,000km service. Now is blue color.

Mr khlee23,

Since you've mentioned about the coolant, where do we normally check the water level of the radiator? I used to check that for my previous ride by opening the radiator cap to see the level when its cold. But i don't see that in the 308 radiator.

Plus the manual also did not mention about checking the radiator water level in the maintenance area. Correct me if i'm wrong.

mizhael

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:31 PM

mizhael

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts
QUOTE (khlee23 @ Aug 13 2009, 10:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One more item.
Check Coolant. Make sure it is either green or blue in color. Mine was clear/milky-yellowish color. So decided to flush it at 10,000km service. Now is blue color.

Mine no more blue in color, now milky-yellowish color @5600 km.

tshui

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:00 PM

tshui

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
some owners having torn rubber seal of the rear hatch window. u may want to add that in your checklist.

no0bie

Posted 14 August 2009 - 02:07 AM

no0bie

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
QUOTE (mizhael @ Aug 13 2009, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mine no more blue in color, now milky-yellowish color @5600 km.

yup. mine also no more blue in colour. no looks like a similiar colour like yours or clear. didnt really open to check.
at the moment is at 4200km.

khlee23

Posted 14 August 2009 - 10:11 AM

khlee23

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts
QUOTE (no0bie @ Aug 14 2009, 02:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yup. mine also no more blue in colour. no looks like a similiar colour like yours or clear. didnt really open to check.
at the moment is at 4200km.

I noticed this difference. Some come with blue/green color coolant since day1. Some already clear/milky color since day1, like mine.

When I checked with SC, they said the original coolant is either green or blue color. They also could not explain why my new car since day1 the color of coolant become clear/milky color.

For me, I prefer to be safe than sorry later. So decided to flush the coolant and replace with new coolant. It is not that expensive, around less than rm30 + rm25(labor charge).

smile_approve.gif
Life is short. Seize the day!

khlee23

Posted 14 August 2009 - 10:15 AM

khlee23

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts
QUOTE (rayzel @ Aug 13 2009, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mr khlee23,

Since you've mentioned about the coolant, where do we normally check the water level of the radiator? I used to check that for my previous ride by opening the radiator cap to see the level when its cold. But i don't see that in the 308 radiator.

Plus the manual also did not mention about checking the radiator water level in the maintenance area. Correct me if i'm wrong.

I never open the radiator cap before. Or I seldom touch anything in the engine bay. Just leave it to the mechanics. But I do take note of the coolant level, now and then. It was slightly below MIN level, before I sent for 10K service. Now it is touching MAX level.

Andy214

Posted 14 August 2009 - 10:38 AM

Andy214

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,549 posts
QUOTE (khlee23 @ Aug 14 2009, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I noticed this difference. Some come with blue/green color coolant since day1. Some already clear/milky color since day1, like mine.

When I checked with SC, they said the original coolant is either green or blue color. They also could not explain why my new car since day1 the color of coolant become clear/milky color.

For me, I prefer to be safe than sorry later. So decided to flush the coolant and replace with new coolant. It is not that expensive, around less than rm30 + rm25(labor charge).

smile_approve.gif

khlee,

From the price and labour, I think they only replace the tank or I don't know what they replace. (The price seems is for 2L, check your receipt).
I'm not sure about the 308, but the 206 Auto has about 6L of coolant for a FULL drain/flush and refill.
The labour itself if I'm not wrong, cost around RM60!

khlee23

Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:03 PM

khlee23

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts
QUOTE (Andy214 @ Aug 14 2009, 10:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
khlee,

From the price and labour, I think they only replace the tank or I don't know what they replace. (The price seems is for 2L, check your receipt).
I'm not sure about the 308, but the 206 Auto has about 6L of coolant for a FULL drain/flush and refill.
The labour itself if I'm not wrong, cost around RM60!

Andy,

You could be right. I remember seeing the invoice for coolant written as quantity-2. So it could be they just pour in 2 bottles of 1L coolant.
Even though I have specifically told them to "flush" out the old coolant.
Looks like got to do this again, may be in the next official service interval of changing of coolant, I think should be around 30K or 40K.

smile_tongue.gif

shakiraa

Posted 14 August 2009 - 09:45 PM

shakiraa

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
QUOTE (khlee23 @ Aug 14 2009, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

smile_approve.gif

hi bro khlee23, seems like the coolant not that expensive, what's the frequency advisable to change the coolant? thx

jules308

Posted 09 September 2009 - 11:14 PM

jules308

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
Bump ! for all those getting their ride soon...dont forget the checklist !! smile_cool.gif