Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

High Pressure Pump Need To Be Replaced Due To Engine Fault

• Please log in to reply

shakiraa

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:14 PM

shakiraa

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
Hi all sifus,

I received a bad news last week, i have the engine fault warning + depolution sensor warning, after sending to SC for checking, they told me i need to replace the high pressure pump which cost RM 2.5k sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif (my car already out of waranty)

Would like to seek some inputs from you guys if this is a known issue? and i should proceed with the change? As this is not cheap. Previously i have depolution sensor issue and they just change solenoid valve. I just worry they keep changing parts and waste my money.

thanks!

chargerguy

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:28 AM

chargerguy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
QUOTE (shakiraa @ Apr 14 2013, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all sifus,

I received a bad news last week, i have the engine fault warning + depolution sensor warning, after sending to SC for checking, they told me i need to replace the high pressure pump which cost RM 2.5k sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif (my car already out of waranty)

Would like to seek some inputs from you guys if this is a known issue? and i should proceed with the change? As this is not cheap. Previously i have depolution sensor issue and they just change solenoid valve. I just worry they keep changing parts and waste my money.

thanks!

The HPFP is a known issues to certain batch. Get it check and diagnose at third party workshop to confirm as well as to get a quote on $$$...

1 cent

pbm

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:50 AM

pbm

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
Hi all sifus,

thanks!

Yes, go or a third party diagnosis. The mechanic usually has a checklist when those fault codes comes out and they will stop the moment they think found the solution (at your expense in this case).

My case after several trips was this pump that pump changed and end up a leaking air hose. WTF while they were replacing the 2nd type of pump i don't know what was it called, i gave them permission to replace all pumps whether its electric pump, fuel pump, water pump, air pump, hand pump or leg pump and i don't care so long don't have to come back so often. biggrin.gif
Practice safe driving always

blackdolph

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:15 PM

blackdolph

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 884 posts
Hi all sifus,

thanks!

I have spare fuel pump. Let me know your chassis number if you are interested and I'll check if the part number is the same.
Kiss my puntang!

shakiraa

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

shakiraa

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
QUOTE (chargerguy @ Apr 15 2013, 01:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The HPFP is a known issues to certain batch. Get it check and diagnose at third party workshop to confirm as well as to get a quote on $$$...

1 cent

hi chargerguy & pbm, thanks a lot for the advice. I will do that asap this week! i'm from Penang, I think will have problem look for 3rd party workshop that know Peugeot car well, any suggestion?

thanks again

QUOTE (blackdolph @ Apr 16 2013, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have spare fuel pump. Let me know your chassis number if you are interested and I'll check if the part number is the same.

hi bro blackdolph, thanks for u kindness. Mine is high pressure pump, same as fuel pump?

susulembu

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:30 PM

susulembu

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
QUOTE (shakiraa @ Apr 21 2013, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi chargerguy & pbm, thanks a lot for the advice. I will do that asap this week! i'm from Penang, I think will have problem look for 3rd party workshop that know Peugeot car well, any suggestion?

thanks again

hi bro blackdolph, thanks for u kindness. Mine is high pressure pump, same as fuel pump?

You can try spanar pantas at malvest building (alliance bank at corner) near Bj complex.
http://www.peugeotcl...v...?f=17&t=162

blackdolph

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:00 AM

blackdolph

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 884 posts

thanks again

High pressure pump. That's the one I have.
Kiss my puntang!

shakiraa

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:17 PM

shakiraa

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
QUOTE (susulembu @ Apr 21 2013, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can try spanar pantas at malvest building (alliance bank at corner) near Bj complex.
http://www.peugeotcl...v...?f=17&t=162

thanks so much bro! I really appreciate ur help!

skywalker3

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:20 PM

skywalker3

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
jangan la sesiapa hantar kereta ke kedai SPANAR PANTAS ni.. tauke dia ada masalah attitude. saya sendiri jadi mangsa. dia pegang customer dengan biar kan enjin barai , so customer x boleh tow kereta ke tempat lain. paling syok.bila call xpernah jawab walaupun berdering. kadang2 sampai dua minggu dia x datang bukak kedai. and FYI, kedai ni cuma ada 2 org je.sorang bos sorang pekerja. if you don't believe me, you are welcome to try and send your car to this liar.. repair air masuk enjin saya dekat 7 hari , which cost me rm 3500.

turbo5008

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:51 PM

turbo5008

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

thanks again

I was told by my fren that there is 1 workshop near mobil petrol station in glugor is specialized in peugeot car