Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Do Not Go To Geoauto Pj!

• Please log in to reply

paperone

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:24 PM

paperone

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
If you ask me, I would say don't go to Geotauto anymore. If even possible, boycott them. The only advantage they currently have is the fact that they do not need to make appointment. Otherwise, I won't be going there.

After I make this comment, the friend and staff of Geotauto come in to bomb me together instead of practicing good customer service to apologise or to make matters better. So rest assured that if anything happen to you there, the people there will team up to bully you.

This may be my personal opinion, but then many others I spoke to also tells me the same while I was there and now posting this in PCM I discover I am not the only one experiencing this. I have emailed to Clic so far they were helpful and not bias. I hope the same happens again.

In the post, Kung Pow I suspect is the worker in Geotauto. Mohd Shafwan on the other hand I believe is either a 18 years old boy who is related to the owner Mohd Sultan. I would really love to find out who he is actually. Since he labelled me as thinking with my ass. Customer service at its best. I paid over RM600 for service, to get this kind of treatment.

https://www.facebook...t=photo_comment

paperone

Posted 24 October 2014 - 11:21 PM

paperone

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
Another story shared by fellow customers:
Here was my email, and pending case with Geotauto:

Good afternoon,

My name is XXX and I am driving a Peugeot 508 Premium (one of the first batch owners, registered in Dec 2011). My car's registration plate number is XXX.

I would like to file a SERIOUS complaint about GEOTAUTO. This was my incident:

On Sunday, 19 October 2014, when I ignited my car there was a weird and loud clicking noise coming from my engine, it sounded like the belt's noise. As the sound was already there since my last service interval at 60K mileage, I thought it was normal. I proceeded to drive my car out for an appointment with my client.

After approximately a 1KM drive, an error message "BATTERY CHARGER FAULT, STOP THE VEHICLE", it worried me very much as other errors started popping out. I had managed to make a U-TURN to return to my condominium and the car died right before I could park properly. Gave a call to KURNIA (my insurance agency) and they sent a mechanic over. When the bonnet was opened, they showed me a broken belt, and I had learnt that it was the alternator's belt. Got it towed to my usual service centre which is GEOTAUTO.

Now this gets exciting, and extremely ridiculous. Upon reaching the service centre, an Indian security guard came and opened the main gate so that the car could be towed inside. As the car's battery was completely out, we were not able to start the car and free the gears in order to park properly. The guard then went atop the tow truck, opened up my bonnet and fiddled with the battery cables! Isn't he a security guard and not a certified Peugeot mechanic? I had told him off and just asked him to wait for another mechanic to arrive and do a jump start, so that we were able to park the car properly.

The security guard seems to be drinking, as my wife, the tow guy and myself could smell some alcohol coming from him. Once the car had been parked properly, the guard came again and told me to pass him all my valuables so he can safeguard it, CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? Obviously I declined his request, but again he demanded me to pass him my car keys. With no proper documenting, and the bad impression about him, it would be the best thing to keep the keys to myself and return the next day. He had asked me to arrive at 730am.

So today, I had arrived at 9am. When I alighted from the taxi, the guard came to me and started talking to me rudely. "I TOLD YOU TO COME 730am RIGHT? YOU GOT US INTO BIG TROUBLE!". I had ignored him and went ahead to the service counter, served by an Indian lady. She as well, spoke to me really rude and said I should've came earlier and caused them so much trouble. So I asked, what trouble it was? Didn't your security guard took my name and number? If it was so serious, why wouldn't you guys give me a call in the morning? She just ignored and the guard came in and started mumbling away in Tamil.

Right after that, the service centre's manager, En. Razali, came and spoke to me in a more polite manner and had explained that usually the customers would leave their car keys behind, of course I had explained to him the reason why I didnt leave it with the guard. Apparently the guard and the lady got scolded by the manager as the car was there in the morning and no service orders yet.

After the talk with En. Razali, I began to explain the situation about my car. Told him about the broken belt and he said it should be the alternators belt and asked if I had changed it at 60K service interval. I told him I'm not a mechanic and you guys did the service, so please check on the system. They did a check and found out that the tensioner and alternators belt wasn't changed at my 60K service interval, and it was supposed to be changed! I am now been told that they will change and fix it, but who's paying for the time and trouble that I had to go through because of their fault?

What kind of incompetence and unprofessional behaviors provided by your authorized service centre? I was lucky that I just came out of my house not too far away, what if this happened when I'm on the highway? My life would've been at risk!

I want you guys to LOOK INTO THIS MATTER SERIOUSLY. I had never sent any complaints email in my life, and this time it really got me really mad. So to recap this in point form:
1) Parts were not changed at the intended service interval.
2) Unprofessional, rude, wannabe mechanic, drunk security guard.
3) Rude service counter officer lady probably going through a bad and blue Monday morning.
4) My lost of time and the effort to keep my composures to be calm and not screaming back at them