Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Engine Fault Repair Needed

• Please log in to reply

madrazcbr

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:13 PM

madrazcbr

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 759 posts
QUOTE (ampang3008 @ Oct 6 2012, 10:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is not battery problem, the error come again, I'm not sure after SC did the diagnosis, the are not sure what happening and simply guess, or they know something but hiding.
At the very first place, I already feel that is not battery problem, because there did not have any battery symptoms weak that I had previously.

Relly wish to let go this car since I have 2nd car now, but the only thing stopping me is the amount of money loss if I selling my 2 years old 3008.

It is not only the amount of money but who wants to buy it...the car will be with you forever unless you sell damn cheap ...I try to trade in my car ... The.second hand car dealer do not want to take ...although my car only 7 months old..he said he got a few peugeot and after 1 year still cannot sell ... I even go to a few shops in Selayang and Cheras area ... I think you cry if you heard what they offer me...

Only think you can do is to repair the car and use it ... It is not a bad car only thing is the engine problem which until now Nasim do not know what to do...other car also have problem but at least the manufacture do something about it...Peugeot France should start to look into this problem more seriously...

fkmfkm

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:53 AM

fkmfkm

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
QUOTE (ampang3008 @ Oct 6 2012, 10:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is not battery problem, the error come again, I'm not sure after SC did the diagnosis, the are not sure what happening and simply guess, or they know something but hiding.
At the very first place, I already feel that is not battery problem, because there did not have any battery symptoms weak that I had previously.

Relly wish to let go this car since I have 2nd car now, but the only thing stopping me is the amount of money loss if I selling my 2 years old 3008.

since you afford to buy it...losing some is ok lah..

jolokia

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:07 PM

jolokia

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
QUOTE (fkmfkm @ Oct 7 2012, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pay money to get rid of ur car is not wise lah bros ! now we know why our elders advice seem to be more reliable than internet. smile_blackeye.gif
Great Ideology Creates Great Times - Yuri Irsenovich Kim

Breadman

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:17 PM

Breadman

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
QUOTE (fkmfkm @ Oct 7 2012, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think they are talking about losing some. Losing plenty is more like it. Used car dealers have wise up to the problems plaguing these Pugs.

Those who bought this car on minimum downpayment and longest loan tenure are in an unenviable position. smile_blackeye.gif
"Behind every great fortune there is a crime." ~ Mario Puzo (The Godfather)

br1

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:22 PM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (jolokia @ Oct 7 2012, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pay money to get rid of ur car is not wise lah bros ! now we know why our elders advice seem to be more reliable than internet. smile_blackeye.gif

To buy Japanese cars? and not contis, you means?
But once you have driven a contis and the feels, it's hard to go back to Japanese or korean cars.

But I have been on contis for more than 25 yrs, still no regret till now and still on contis cars, and can be consider elder now. Had wanted to buy a pug but due to knowing too well and too bad it was by - Nasim do not know what to do... (they knew and only wanted to sell cars cheaply, taking advantage of their ..... status) when problem come.
That made me skip the buying of a pug car, and bought another make of contis car.

Just my 2 cts

fkmfkm

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:16 PM

fkmfkm

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
QUOTE (Breadman @ Oct 7 2012, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think they are talking about losing some. Losing plenty is more like it. Used car dealers have wise up to the problems plaguing these Pugs.

Those who bought this car on minimum downpayment and longest loan tenure are in an unenviable position. smile_blackeye.gif

since he can afford buy it..and can afford getting another car...no big deal for him...

jolokia

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:07 PM

jolokia

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
QUOTE (br1 @ Oct 7 2012, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To buy Japanese cars? and not contis, you means?
But once you have driven a contis and the feels, it's hard to go back to Japanese or korean cars.

But I have been on contis for more than 25 yrs, still no regret till now and still on contis cars, and can be consider elder now. Had wanted to buy a pug but due to knowing too well and too bad it was by - Nasim do not know what to do... (they knew and only wanted to sell cars cheaply, taking advantage of their ..... status) when problem come.
That made me skip the buying of a pug car, and bought another make of contis car.

Just my 2 cts

Elders ! Not old folks (Sorry Joking Only)
The first car I seat was a Volvo (My neighbour car which fetch me back from maternity hospital) :-P

Have I driven a conti car ? = Yes !
Is it nice & comfort ? = Yes !
Would I buy one myself ? No !
Unless I am rich enough for a Benz, Beemer or Alfa Romeo.
Pug, Fiat, Renault, Citroen = Big No No for me.
Frequent visiting SC is not my type favourite pass time.

Agree ! The "N" seem like having Medusa Vision rather than Midas Touch on whatever they
get their hand on. (Poor Chevy)
smile_sleepy.gif
Great Ideology Creates Great Times - Yuri Irsenovich Kim

br1

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:01 PM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (jolokia @ Oct 7 2012, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The first car I seat was a Volvo (My neighbour car which fetch me back from maternity hospital) :-P

Agree ! The "N" seem like having Medusa Vision rather than Midas Touch on whatever they
smile_sleepy.gif

N is No for me now, had one back in the 80s - it is a real good and trouble free car - very good for plp who need it to run up and down, with no time to do service and repair, but a cari makan car. smile_thumbup.gif

br1

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:03 PM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (jolokia @ Oct 7 2012, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

smile_sleepy.gif

none of the above now, will still consider a pug (due to real cheap price for a conti) - ya, still with 2 chevy, and 2 vw and booked 1 more on the way - for the Midas Touch feel.

momo308

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:09 PM

momo308

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
QUOTE (ampang3008 @ Oct 1 2012, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is my turn to have problem with THP engine, any one here have any idea what is going on?

When start my car, the engine sign on, and show 'Engine fault repair needed'
But no losing power, still can drive. weird part is, when reached home and off the engine, can hear the engine cooling fan blow unusual loud and will take very long time to stop.

I think this morning when I start my car engine, it show 'Economy Mode', I suspect last night when I off the engine, the cooling fan blow untill out of reserved battery then only off.

smile_disapprove.gif smile_disapprove.gif smile_disapprove.gif smile_disapprove.gif

Hi Ampang 3008,

The the issues raised by you No need la sampai wanna sell your car, no need bro.
I hav this similar problems couple of months ago, and to cut the whole story short,
I suspected the water coolant is the culprit. After mine is change, problem never happen again.
Remember and always remember to not let SC top up your car water coolant with tap water. It doesn't mix and it never will!
I instructed them to flush out all water from the car and replace it with coolant water only.
Try and feedback to us. Cheers!