Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Honda Wave 125 Ultimo

• Please log in to reply

daneillum

Posted 10 July 2010 - 12:27 PM

daneillum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
Anyone has bought or test ride this motor? Kindly give feedbacks?

rallychamp

Posted 13 July 2010 - 10:09 AM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
QUOTE (daneillum @ Jul 10 2010, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone has bought or test ride this motor? Kindly give feedbacks?

same with normal wave125 from the very first model....

just cosmetic change....and exhaust a bit better....new colour..new spotrim... (previous model comes with normal steel rims)

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)

daneillum

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:39 PM

daneillum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
QUOTE (rallychamp @ Jul 13 2010, 10:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
same with normal wave125 from the very first model....

just cosmetic change....and exhaust a bit better....new colour..new spotrim... (previous model comes with normal steel rims)

Friend of mine used his bike within 4 months need to overhaul. Due to engine very noisy. Even the motorshop told him that this is his 3rd bike he overhaul. Honda stop Ultimo(starter)production for 1 month end of May till end of june due to tecnical problem.

DSAI

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:30 AM

DSAI

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 750 posts
either your friend are moron nor the mechanic are advantage to your friend.are u saying honda wave is no quality one?u think Honda is like those demak cap ayam brand ka?come one give me a break!3 month kena overhaul?u must be kidding bro smile_disapprove.gif
a new hope...

daneillum

Posted 17 July 2010 - 06:26 AM

daneillum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
QUOTE (DSAI @ Jul 16 2010, 10:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
either your friend are moron nor the mechanic are advantage to your friend.are u saying honda wave is no quality one?u think Honda is like those demak cap ayam brand ka?come one give me a break!3 month kena overhaul?u must be kidding bro smile_disapprove.gif

He even told me that when the mechanic unscrew/changed oil has a metal debrice. Now waiting for 700km then going to change the engine oil. Very dissapointed if this thing is true

alldisc

Posted 17 July 2010 - 03:20 PM

alldisc

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
at 700km, that is one very strong case to go to the tribunal. claim one new bike from Boon Siew!!

rallychamp

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:58 AM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
wait...

at 700km with relatively small metal debris is considered fine by "my practice" since the engine was still in running-in a.k.a breaking-in condition...so thus the engine (even with precision part inside) still shaving each other inside to get appropiate clearance....

-wave125 engine do have one minor discomfort to new user...it was the roller-type rocker arm that giving loose valve clearance a.k.a "tappet" sound....

but that can be rectified easily by an experienced mech (re-adjust valve clearance)....

in other way..if that sound wasn't from the tappet,then u should claim back everything need to get the engine running perfectly.... smile_sleepy.gif

(NFS Underground)

alldisc

Posted 26 July 2010 - 01:06 PM

alldisc

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
a friend came over yesterday and brought along his new bike - a Wave X Ultimo!! It was a new bike and not yet done 1st service.

He has 2 complaints though...

1. The bike can only go up to 100kph. I told him maybe because new engine - still tight inside. but he was informed by his Honda dealer there is an upgraded CDI that can make his bike goes more than 120kph. i have no comment. my bike can go 200kph. my complaint is the strong wind so i normally ride at 120kph. heh heh

2. He found the bike not easy to start when cold and once the engine warmed up - the idle speed goes up a tad higher than normal (he also has an EX-5.). He complaint to his dealer and they say a new carburettor will be replaced for him under warranty but he has to wait for 1 week for shipment.

No issue on this matter. Even the new kawasaki kips often have this kind of problems, and a new carb will sort it out.
The carb on my bike (OE Keihin PWK) is still functioning perfectly even after 16 years. the power, the FC is all there.

and my bike costed less than 2K. heh heh...

but i must say the ultimo is the best looking honda wave in all. which Honda should call Honda EX-7. it sounds a lot better.

p/s in my mind EX-5 Class and Class 1 would be Honda EX-6.

rallychamp

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:34 PM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
QUOTE (alldisc @ Jul 26 2010, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
a friend came over yesterday and brought along his new bike - a Wave X Ultimo!! It was a new bike and not yet done 1st service.

1. The bike can only go up to 100kph. I told him maybe because new engine - still tight inside. but he was informed by his Honda dealer there is an upgraded CDI that can make his bike goes more than 120kph. i have no comment. my bike can go 200kph. my complaint is the strong wind so i normally ride at 120kph. heh heh

2. He found the bike not easy to start when cold and once the engine warmed up - the idle speed goes up a tad higher than normal (he also has an EX-5.). He complaint to his dealer and they say a new carburettor will be replaced for him under warranty but he has to wait for 1 week for shipment.

No issue on this matter. Even the new kawasaki kips often have this kind of problems, and a new carb will sort it out.
The carb on my bike (OE Keihin PWK) is still functioning perfectly even after 16 years. the power, the FC is all there.

but i must say the ultimo is the best looking honda wave in all. which Honda should call Honda EX-7. it sounds a lot better.

both prob lem actually not a problem at all....

the problem is mindset...because carb. technology on this honda was not so advance that have auto idling adjust function....and even other bike that not even have fits irst service can't reach its maximum potential..

but alldisc...try to suggest him use 36T rear sprocket and service the bike earlier...judging from his complaint sure he has little biking experience especially during running-in period..

(NFS Underground)

daneillum

Posted 14 August 2010 - 03:49 AM

daneillum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
QUOTE (alldisc @ Jul 26 2010, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Refer to feedback no. 1 - its true that this altimo can only go up to 100km/h. Even my meter has reached 3500 still can go up till 110km/h max.

I wonder whether its true Honda dealer claimed that upgrading the CDI can goes more than 120km/h.