Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Soundproofing

• Please log in to reply

dchong

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:35 PM

dchong

Road Warrior

• Advertiser
  • PipPip
  • 675 posts
QUOTE (junetan86 @ Aug 16 2012, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Michelin XM2 is quiet? is that what you are recommending on top of the work that you'd be doing?

will it then add another 20 to 30km/h?

thanks Desmond

What is that word...exponential, rite ??? smile_tongue.gif

You are driving a Lexus, acknowleded as the"quietest" or best for noise and yet you are not satisfied smile_thumbup.gif

So for bros and sis like you with HIGH expectations, you may only be truly satisfied when you match Tuned soundproofing with a good set of tires.....esp for our "great" inconsistant Msian roads.
Good soundproofing can only make a Good car better !

See you soon.

Cheers,

Desmond
KL AUTO

KL Auto Accessories Sdn. Bhd.
No: 66, Jalan Dato Haji Eusoff, Kompleks Damai
Off Jalan Ipoh, 50400 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 603-4042 9928 / 603-4044 9928
H/P No: 017-282 3073 (Desmond Chong)
http://www.autofoam.com.my/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Autofoam/193456474019263

simoniz

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:59 PM

simoniz

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Aug 16 2012, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You will know later.....hahahahaha smile_big.gif

Aisay... cannot tell meh? PM also can lo.. potong steam only.... smile_cry.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:21 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (simoniz @ Aug 16 2012, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aisay... cannot tell meh? PM also can lo.. potong steam only.... smile_cry.gif

What I meant, is that he will let us know later...... smile_tongue.gif

ahk

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:28 PM

ahk

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
Desmond,
Any experience with 2012 new Avanza 1.3M? want to make the doors more solid feel and hopefull with more quiet cabin too. Which package to choose?

bmkia

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:15 PM

bmkia

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
QUOTE (junetan86 @ Aug 16 2012, 09:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yup. that would be my next question too. what sort of work would you be doing to my car if i want this wheel arch thingy.

Also, what kind of improvements am i expecting in terms of noise reduction?

*sorry, my accounting background is popping out*

Hi,

In my case (Mazda 3 1.6 sedan), the answer is not much and RM1K is steep to pay for "not much" or "slight" improvements after applying QuietDrive (paid an extra RM200 totaling RM1.2K to double coat certain areas as per Desmond's recommendation) on all 4 wheel arches.

Please read this before making a final decision, at the end of the day, its your money but just to highlight to you not only KL Auto does soundproofing.

http://forum.autowor...h...03133&st=40

vr2turbo

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:41 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,444 posts
Depends on the individual of what level of noise damping is expected......

alphawolf

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:23 PM

alphawolf

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts
Hi all

Anybody knows of a place where they can help in locating and eliminating rattles in the car interior? It's difficult, and dangerous, to locate a source of rattling/squeking while driving. Did not have the chance yet to hire a friend to act as a locator for the noise.

I don't know whether I am being too sensitive to these slight annoyances since I had always being a bit OCD in locating and eliminating annoying noises.. smile_blackeye.gif

jflcorp

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:53 PM

jflcorp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
QUOTE (dchong @ Aug 16 2012, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What is that word...exponential, rite ??? smile_tongue.gif

You are driving a Lexus, acknowleded as the"quietest" or best for noise and yet you are not satisfied smile_thumbup.gif

So for bros and sis like you with HIGH expectations, you may only be truly satisfied when you match Tuned soundproofing with a good set of tires.....esp for our "great" inconsistant Msian roads.
Good soundproofing can only make a Good car better !

See you soon.

Cheers,

Desmond
KL AUTO

Hi Desmond, I drive a new (not brand new but less than 1 year old) Saga FLX Executive trim.

what would you recommend for soundproofing and/or foaming to get better rigidness and sound comfort?

a reasonable budget but not an exorbitant one please. Thanks.

bmkia

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

bmkia

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
QUOTE (jflcorp @ Oct 10 2012, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Desmond, I drive a new (not brand new but less than 1 year old) Saga FLX Executive trim.

what would you recommend for soundproofing and/or foaming to get better rigidness and sound comfort?

a reasonable budget but not an exorbitant one please. Thanks.

I am definately going to take some hits here but here goes my unsolicited advice (whether you take it or not it is up to you):-

The short answer would be in the region of RM10K if you are lucky.

Here is the slightly longer one, DC modus operandi is:-

1) Quote you a few Proven "treatment"/"solution" for maybe a couple of thousand or a few hundred ringgit) whilst bragging expertise and maybe an experienced R&D team that he has to boot.

2) When you are at his shop, quote you some extra Proven solutions and convince you to spend another few thousand.

Depends on whether you are happy or satisfied. If you are satisfied it ends here. If you are not, move on to No.3

3) You will then be subjected to waiting for some other "Proven" materials to arrive and DC will promise to call you when it arrives for more spending $$$$ and tweaking (there is a documented case here over a period of 1 year).

4) The phone call will not happen, he will lose his phone and all documents with your contact number. You will be pissed for paying for something that doesn't work.

5) Choose to cut your losses and suck it up. Or else, complain in the "Dissapointed after spending RM4K" thread and after being ridiculed by fanboys/ proxies of DC, DC will tell you this "We were Not given a chance to Finish our Job!".....

Read all about it here at the "Dissapointed after spending RM4K thread":-

http://forum.autowor...h...3133&st=160

"PROVEN" is defined as ???????

jflcorp

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:23 PM

jflcorp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
QUOTE (bmkia @ Oct 10 2012, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am definately going to take some hits here but here goes my unsolicited advice (whether you take it or not it is up to you):-

The short answer would be in the region of RM10K if you are lucky.

Here is the slightly longer one, DC modus operandi is:-

1) Quote you a few Proven "treatment"/"solution" for maybe a couple of thousand or a few hundred ringgit) whilst bragging expertise and maybe an experienced R&D team that he has to boot.

2) When you are at his shop, quote you some extra Proven solutions and convince you to spend another few thousand.

Depends on whether you are happy or satisfied. If you are satisfied it ends here. If you are not, move on to No.3

3) You will then be subjected to waiting for some other "Proven" materials to arrive and DC will promise to call you when it arrives for more spending $$$$ and tweaking (there is a documented case here over a period of 1 year).

4) The phone call will not happen, he will lose his phone and all documents with your contact number. You will be pissed for paying for something that doesn't work.

5) Choose to cut your losses and suck it up. Or else, complain in the "Dissapointed after spending RM4K" thread and after being ridiculed by fanboys/ proxies of DC, DC will tell you this "We were Not given a chance to Finish our Job!".....

Read all about it here at the "Dissapointed after spending RM4K thread":-

http://forum.autowor...h...3133&st=160

"PROVEN" is defined as ???????

Bro, in fact I did read the said thread. I also popped into Desmond's webpage to find out rough details about the packages offered.

I also would feel pissed if I had spent so much money and not get your satisfaction. However, I dont know you and I also dont know Desmond, but reading from all the posts, I can summarize that, after you have made a lot of complaints and even did some bad publicity attacks( like your reply to my enquiry to Desmond which is unsolicitated), you did not go back and challenge Desmond with your retweaked KK Lau's wonder mats.

If KK Lau's wondermats are so good, why dont you go down, challenge Desmond, prove the wondermats are more superior than Desmond's products, get a free Char Siew Lunch at the same time and ultimately get your refund? Rather than attack his credibility and hide behind this veil of internet? In the US or even Singapore, Desmond would have sued you till your last underpants.I think he has the legal rights to do it too, but I am no lawyer. Desmond would want to look this avenue up if you keep on with your ungentlemanly ways.

So take a chill pill and let me get some constructive ideas.