Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Honda Wave 125 Ultimo

• Please log in to reply

rallychamp

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:47 AM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
QUOTE (daneillum @ Aug 14 2010, 03:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Refer to feedback no. 1 - its true that this altimo can only go up to 100km/h. Even my meter has reached 3500 still can go up till 110km/h max.

I wonder whether its true Honda dealer claimed that upgrading the CDI can goes more than 120km/h.

*use rear sprocket 36T as my suggestion above and post the result here....

if not...use radical size proven to give u some smile after that....13T-33T

still not believeing?? then search for malaysian bikers community and look for honda wave125 threads.....lots of old threads..but just click on page1 of that thread to see many-many best method on improving your bike....

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)

daneillum

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:55 PM

daneillum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
QUOTE (rallychamp @ Aug 16 2010, 10:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*use rear sprocket 36T as my suggestion above and post the result here....

if not...use radical size proven to give u some smile after that....13T-33T

still not believeing?? then search for malaysian bikers community and look for honda wave125 threads.....lots of old threads..but just click on page1 of that thread to see many-many best method on improving your bike....

Lepas buang minyak engin, berapa harus dituang pulak- 0.7L atau 0.9L

Spark plug pulak tuk perjalanan jauh CPR6EA-9 atau CPR&EA-9? Agak keliru sikit bab plug nie

rallychamp

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:07 PM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
QUOTE (daneillum @ Aug 18 2010, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lepas buang minyak engin, berapa harus dituang pulak- 0.7L atau 0.9L

Spark plug pulak tuk perjalanan jauh CPR6EA-9 atau CPR&EA-9? Agak keliru sikit bab plug nie

put 0.8liter....that will do enough..

altough few years back when my bike still new i just pour 0.7liter..results=very fast respond from the engine...highway speed reaching 160km/h on my speedo (wave 125x will read around 145-150)....(mine was 1st model of wave125)

about plug....dump that cpr7 plug...just keep your cpr6 plug..better power=more economical no matter short ride or going for long travel distant....

on engine oil..my only choice and recommendation to all wave125 user is: CASTROL POWER1 RACING (full syntetic)-10w 40 grade....really good stuff...but make sure it was genuie oil....

(NFS Underground)

daneillum

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:08 AM

daneillum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
QUOTE (rallychamp @ Aug 18 2010, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
put 0.8liter....that will do enough..

altough few years back when my bike still new i just pour 0.7liter..results=very fast respond from the engine...highway speed reaching 160km/h on my speedo (wave 125x will read around 145-150)....(mine was 1st model of wave125)

about plug....dump that cpr7 plug...just keep your cpr6 plug..better power=more economical no matter short ride or going for long travel distant....

on engine oil..my only choice and recommendation to all wave125 user is: CASTROL POWER1 RACING (full syntetic)-10w 40 grade....really good stuff...but make sure it was genuie oil....

How to determine the Castrol is gunuine? Spare part shop sold around RM38

mell74

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:14 PM

mell74

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
QUOTE (alldisc @ Jul 26 2010, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
a friend came over yesterday and brought along his new bike - a Wave X Ultimo!! It was a new bike and not yet done 1st service.

He has 2 complaints though...

1. The bike can only go up to 100kph. I told him maybe because new engine - still tight inside. but he was informed by his Honda dealer there is an upgraded CDI that can make his bike goes more than 120kph. i have no comment. my bike can go 200kph. my complaint is the strong wind so i normally ride at 120kph. heh heh

2. He found the bike not easy to start when cold and once the engine warmed up - the idle speed goes up a tad higher than normal (he also has an EX-5.). He complaint to his dealer and they say a new carburettor will be replaced for him under warranty but he has to wait for 1 week for shipment.

No issue on this matter. Even the new kawasaki kips often have this kind of problems, and a new carb will sort it out.
The carb on my bike (OE Keihin PWK) is still functioning perfectly even after 16 years. the power, the FC is all there.

and my bike costed less than 2K. heh heh...

but i must say the ultimo is the best looking honda wave in all. which Honda should call Honda EX-7. it sounds a lot better.

p/s in my mind EX-5 Class and Class 1 would be Honda EX-6.

Just bough myself 125X and I'm very frustrated with the bike. I just changed it from LC135 which I tough it's a crap. Reason to change to 125X is, there's a compartment under the seat and the handle have a safety lock which the more expensive LC135 don't have this to offer!!

I found the engine is vibrating too much and rough sound from the engine. I haven't test the speed yet as it's only done 80km now. Will update you guys after done the 1st service. I test ride 110RS and it feel much better than 125X. I been carried away by the cc but one thing that really a plus is the design, it's the best look ever!!

But now it's too late to do anything as I bough it on installment basis so have to wait at lease a year if I want to change to other. My suggestion is better go for Wave 110RS.

rallychamp

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:44 PM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
pls do a correct running in step to ensure smothness....

dont push too hard...(pushing a bit is ok)

-and change the oil in 1st service earlier than manual book suggestion...

-and don't forget to change rear sprocket with 36T.......

p/s:all wave125X owner if u want to see the reality ask any friend or relative who was using yamaha lagenda and compare the speedo reading....u'll be amazed... smile_thumbup.gif

(NFS Underground)

mell74

Posted 28 August 2010 - 02:40 PM

mell74

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
QUOTE (rallychamp @ Aug 26 2010, 11:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
pls do a correct running in step to ensure smothness....

dont push too hard...(pushing a bit is ok)

-and change the oil in 1st service earlier than manual book suggestion...

-and don't forget to change rear sprocket with 36T.......

p/s:all wave125X owner if u want to see the reality ask any friend or relative who was using yamaha lagenda and compare the speedo reading....u'll be amazed... smile_thumbup.gif

Dear Rallychamp,

are you suggesting that it's normal to have the biration now and the rough sound from the engine? So all of that sintoms will go off eventually went it's already 'running-in'? For your info, I ride my bike at max 80km only, is it ok? my km is 170 now!

and the last quote, you mean 125X is much better than Legenda ya??

Thx!

rallychamp

Posted 28 August 2010 - 03:27 PM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
QUOTE (mell74 @ Aug 28 2010, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear Rallychamp,

are you suggesting that it's normal to have the biration now and the rough sound from the engine? So all of that sintoms will go off eventually went it's already 'running-in'? For your info, I ride my bike at max 80km only, is it ok? my km is 170 now!

and the last quote, you mean 125X is much better than Legenda ya??

Thx!

yup...that vibration eventually will be lessen as the engine start to loosen itself and move freely....as new parts was tend to be manufactured with tight-fit tolerance....

-and the only hiccups is "tek tek tek" sound from the tappet.... need to be adjusted after running-in period..

-and in this first 800km pls do ride with variable speed..not only maintains 80km/h...u need to speed up or slow down a few moment to get the engine working through all it designed rpm range...(wave125X rev cut@11 000rpm)

*and yes..definately better than lagenda..(i've use stock lagenda for a month...nowhere near a stock wave125)-only lagenda was lighter and nimbler....but it became "nervous"-unstable on highway speed smile_sleepy.gif

(NFS Underground)

mell74

Posted 29 August 2010 - 12:51 PM

mell74

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
QUOTE (rallychamp @ Aug 28 2010, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yup...that vibration eventually will be lessen as the engine start to loosen itself and move freely....as new parts was tend to be manufactured with tight-fit tolerance....

-and the only hiccups is "tek tek tek" sound from the tappet.... need to be adjusted after running-in period..

-and in this first 800km pls do ride with variable speed..not only maintains 80km/h...u need to speed up or slow down a few moment to get the engine working through all it designed rpm range...(wave125X rev cut@11 000rpm)

*and yes..definately better than lagenda..(i've use stock lagenda for a month...nowhere near a stock wave125)-only lagenda was lighter and nimbler....but it became "nervous"-unstable on highway speed smile_sleepy.gif

Hi,

you were saying that the spocket need to be change to 36T, does it mean change the hole set? Is't also mean used the ori for the front and 36T for the rear?? Do you agree on changing the CDI unit as well or just used the ori one?

Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails

• Image0028.jpg

rallychamp

Posted 29 August 2010 - 10:50 PM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
QUOTE (mell74 @ Aug 29 2010, 12:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

you were saying that the spocket need to be change to 36T, does it mean change the hole set? Is't also mean used the ori for the front and 36T for the rear?? Do you agree on changing the CDI unit as well or just used the ori one?

Thanks.

yes...just change the rear one...front spoket and chain still can use the original....

no need to change cdi....honda have better stock cdi than some other brands racing cdi.... smile_thumbup.gif

(NFS Underground)