Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Michelin Pilot Sports 3 (ps3)

• Please log in to reply

vr2turbo

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:23 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (eason8 @ Oct 15 2014, 11:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't say it's worst on PS3. I should say "slightly higher" is around 5-10% difference only. How I judge is basically when I let go my pedal and let the car rolling on it's own, for example, usually the car can roll freely around 200 meters on it's own, but now maybe around 150-180 meters only (ECO driving).
Of course to be fair to PS3, as I stated, I'm using only 2 PS3 tires on the front, maybe next time I change all 4 to PS3 will be more accurate. Overall I found PS3 is very good actually, highly recommend and that's why I will change my rear to PS3 too.

As for the air loss, it's happening to all 4 tires. It's not a particular single tire, it happen equally on all 4 pieces since day-1. That's why I asked. I think I need to get it inspected and change the valve on all four. Does metal or rubber based valve better?

I say, if PS3 have 5 to 10% shorter distance means worse, right? compared to your previous tyres.
Coming to your air loss, why are your old tyres also losing air as fast as the new ones? Or do you mean all the while you are having this air loss? smile_question.gif

eason8

Posted 18 October 2014 - 12:15 AM

eason8

5th Gear

• Members
  • 5 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Oct 16 2014, 08:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I say, if PS3 have 5 to 10% shorter distance means worse, right? compared to your previous tyres.
Coming to your air loss, why are your old tyres also losing air as fast as the new ones? Or do you mean all the while you are having this air loss? smile_question.gif

If you still want to use the word "worse", yes you're correct, PS3 is worse than my previous tyres. I believe PS3 is meant for more on handling and sports purpose than an ECO tyres.
I'm still monitoring the new tyres air loss, will post again here on my findings.

vr2turbo

Posted 18 October 2014 - 01:27 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (eason8 @ Oct 18 2014, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you still want to use the word "worse", yes you're correct, PS3 is worse than my previous tyres. I believe PS3 is meant for more on handling and sports purpose than an ECO tyres.
I'm still monitoring the new tyres air loss, will post again here on my findings.

Yah! better check on the air loss issue. 2psi per week is too much, means you got to pump air every week.... smile_blackeye.gif

fozzie58

Posted 19 October 2014 - 04:22 PM

fozzie58

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts

I have used PS3 tyres for last 7 years, However the last set i put on in Nov 2010 began to degrade badly on the outside area, bits falling off - I went back to tyre shop to complain and he said they are warrantied - He suggested I return to Michelin and let them tell me what wrong with them and the amount of compensation they will give me for the remain tread etc. I was amazed how badly they were I will add photo for you to see. its about 2 months now but they take around 3 months before they will reply, due to the testing they do on the returned tyres.

QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Oct 18 2014, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yah! better check on the air loss issue. 2psi per week is too much, means you got to pump air every week.... smile_blackeye.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:56 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (fozzie58 @ Oct 19 2014, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have used PS3 tyres for last 7 years, However the last set i put on in Nov 2010 began to degrade badly on the outside area, bits falling off - I went back to tyre shop to complain and he said they are warrantied - He suggested I return to Michelin and let them tell me what wrong with them and the amount of compensation they will give me for the remain tread etc. I was amazed how badly they were I will add photo for you to see. its about 2 months now but they take around 3 months before they will reply, due to the testing they do on the returned tyres.

Not only you. There are some cases already. Not sure if it is certain batched only, but there were complaints from 15" and 17" size if not mistaken. Same as yours, chipping on the shoulder pattern.
But looking at your picture, not too much thread pattern left, therefore even if they compensate not much you will get..... smile_blackeye.gif

xjia

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:10 AM

xjia

6th Gear

• Members
  • 7 posts
QUOTE (idsi2007 @ Jun 3 2014, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear all Sifu,

My current PS3 (195/55R15) is already used for 2 years and clock around 40k km. I'm thinking to changed a new set of tires soon. So far I'm very satisfied to PS3.

Can anyone recommend me which other tires are on par with PS3. How is the review of GY Directional 5? Compare with PS3 which one is better.

My car is most of the time use by my wife in KL. Will only travel to Ipoh once a month. Average she just drive 250km/week.

Hope that sifu here can give me some advice. My budget is around RM200-250/pcs. Thank you.

Hmm, wanted to cont using 195/55 15 PS3 on my vios !

should i cont using Michelin PS3, or try others ? Noted lots of early crack from these tyres...

help me SIFU ! sad.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 13 November 2014 - 10:42 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (xjia @ Nov 12 2014, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm, wanted to cont using 195/55 15 PS3 on my vios !

should i cont using Michelin PS3, or try others ? Noted lots of early crack from these tyres...

help me SIFU ! sad.gif

Heard the later batches seems okay, if not GY F1 D5

ntc2000

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:33 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (fozzie58 @ Oct 19 2014, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

this still consider not so bad... if u saw bax 2, u will vomit... smile_approve.gif smile_approve.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 13 November 2014 - 07:27 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (ntc2000 @ Nov 13 2014, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this still consider not so bad... if u saw bax 2, u will vomit... smile_approve.gif smile_approve.gif

Post some pictures please...... smile_thumbup.gif

kapitan

Posted 25 November 2014 - 01:42 PM

kapitan

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts
So long never been here.

Just change to PS3 215/55/17 for RM520 a piece in Kepong (too lazy to drive to Klang after a tyre blowout). My first set and seem like pretty quiet. Lets see when it reach 10-20k mileage.

I have seen those tires chunks going off. I dont think its a Michelin thing. I have it too on my Goodyear Eagle F1 195/55/15 lastime. Usually after its being worn to 50% or more. I have seen worse in those cheap tyre like NCT5 that were on my mom's City. I think it only affect area where it had horizontal groove. It gets easily chipped by whatever that you were running over.