Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Proton Prevé - 1.6 IAFM M/T, 1.6 IAFM CVT, 1.6 CFE CVT

• Please log in to reply

br1

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:48 PM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (byebye2u @ Mar 15 2012, 11:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
at half the price they produce a vgt for rexton!, and for other makes too ... looks exactly like garret. then for their lorry too, so realibility no issue i think.

unless no under table $ request by procurement officers, then it ok if not habis even from garret, but even my ride with ori garret also kaput and need to change too.

byebye2u

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:34 AM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (br1 @ Mar 15 2012, 11:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
unless no under table $ request by procurement officers, then it ok if not habis even from garret, but even my ride with ori garret also kaput and need to change too.

some of our members too, spinning up to 100,000 rpm it's good to service when have excessive whistle sound. the repair kit less than rm200 i think.

On CFE low pressure will last longer.

amir

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:18 AM

amir

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
QUOTE (kohf1drive @ Mar 15 2012, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Got any plan for cfe with mt?
Cvt is too smooth for me

I seconded that. If it comes with CFE turbo and MT, then I'll be tempted to let go my gen2 cps.

scenic

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:19 AM

scenic

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts
ok mari lenjang.
director's choice

Gunnerzz

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:22 AM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (kohf1drive @ Mar 15 2012, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Got any plan for cfe with mt?
Cvt is too smooth for me

Just imagine...all that torque at your right foot
Simply...... smile_thumbup.gif

dabdab

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:30 AM

dabdab

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Mar 16 2012, 08:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just imagine...all that torque at your right foot
Simply...... smile_thumbup.gif

iafm+ need to reach its operating temperature before rolls off. if not the engine voom voom voom.
is it true with exora too?

Gunnerzz

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:38 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (dabdab @ Mar 16 2012, 08:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
iafm+ need to reach its operating temperature before rolls off. if not the engine voom voom voom.
is it true with exora too?

Exora CPS uses VIM which is controlled by the ECU.

Exora bold has no intake gadgetry.

tiganasfx

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:39 PM

tiganasfx

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
QUOTE (ntc2000 @ Mar 15 2012, 10:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
P321A electronic gadget is more than bold... I was shock when saw it's official spec especially on electronic gadget. smile_approve.gif

rain sensor, light sensor, battery sensor and etc... HU very nice for premium spec, not sure come with gps or not... smile_thumbup.gif

i like it's soft dashboard material and glossy black center console ... smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

p1 really put a lot effort in this car, bravo for p1 smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif now they can concentrate on year end small car project alr... smile_tongue.gif smile_tongue.gif

Scary, lots of sensors to fail after the first 3 months. I do hope they improved the quality and not like the previous models.

mosh

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:39 PM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
QUOTE (br1 @ Mar 15 2012, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
was told the turbo was from china, is it true? I think it should be able to pull through for a small proton car, as their turbos are already been used on their big trucks in China, hauling 60 - 80 tons loads!!! Crazy!!! till they need to installed water cooling systems by dripping on the wheels to cool the tires and braking system

Its from borg warner..

http://www.borgwarne...ry/default.aspx

However, the manufacturing factory.. not known.

Foxcon inc, a company that built lots of smartphones & tablet including iphones & ipad and even my CSL phone are from china.
Does not suprise if the turbo unit is manufactured at china as they made a lot of thing now, even VW & BMW...

br1

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:36 AM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (mosh @ Mar 16 2012, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its from borg warner..

http://www.borgwarne...ry/default.aspx

However, the manufacturing factory.. not known.

Foxcon inc, a company that built lots of smartphones & tablet including iphones & ipad and even my CSL phone are from china.
Does not suprise if the turbo unit is manufactured at china as they made a lot of thing now, even VW & BMW...

alot of many things are from China now, we never knew though! but they are good and bad manuf - see what prices you pays them, they have proven and can fly to the space and back - so it is not so simple!