Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Kereta Sambung (sambung Bayar)

• Please log in to reply

vr2turbo

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:45 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (spirit36 @ Jan 27 2009, 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Kereta Sambung Bayar"???
My personal experienced = FORGET IT !!
You don't want to get entangle with the mess and the trouble.
Jgn cari penyakit Bro....
Bottom Line : Tukang Bayar is on the losing side !!

If you like the car, rehire and change name.
Personally, I top up a lot of cash and give up my Honda EK (M) 1.6 just to sell off my car 2 months ago.
It is like, "hey take this money and this car, its yours"
why I do it....read my lines above, experienced with sambung bayar....many times. (Stay away Bro)

I rather buy a small car or an old car then going thru the hassle...

Must have pretty bad experience huh? ohmy.gif

spirit36

Posted 04 February 2009 - 09:24 PM

spirit36

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,862 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jan 28 2009, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Must have pretty bad experience huh? ohmy.gif

Yupp Mr. VR2TURBO,
Personal experienced and involved with car repossess once upon a time... sad.gif
Felt pity...yupp...
but then repo pon nak cari makan...

vr2turbo

Posted 05 February 2009 - 11:16 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (spirit36 @ Feb 4 2009, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yupp Mr. VR2TURBO,
Personal experienced and involved with car repossess once upon a time... sad.gif
Felt pity...yupp...
but then repo pon nak cari makan...

That is why when I sell my car, even though it is fully paid for, I will cc a copy of sales receipt with new owner's name and address to JPJ..... wink.gif

bOROi

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:16 PM

bOROi

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Feb 5 2009, 11:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is why when I sell my car, even though it is fully paid for, I will cc a copy of sales receipt with new owner's name and address to JPJ..... wink.gif

Thats a wise move vr2turbo........ this kind of things often happen more frequently if you deal with second hand dealers, mind you not all of them are crooked or with ill intention. You owe your car financier a couple more instalments and you decide to sell or trade in your car. The dealer will take over your car and deduct from you whatever you are owing the financier, but he will not transfer the vehicle as he will only do so when he finds a buyer for it, his reason which is valid is that he doesnt want to just add another ownership on the grant, affect the value. What you should be doing is to check and make sure that he promptly pays whatever outstanding balance to the Finance Company, but you know la, most times we are happy with the new car you tend to forget what happened to the old traded in vehicle.......only after receiving calls from your old financier would you realise that something is not in order.

As I have said, this kind of dealers are in the minority, but if you are one of the victims you will probably have a bad impression on all dealers...
Myah United Rules!!!!

vr2turbo

Posted 05 February 2009 - 03:24 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (bOROi @ Feb 5 2009, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats a wise move vr2turbo........ this kind of things often happen more frequently if you deal with second hand dealers, mind you not all of them are crooked or with ill intention. You owe your car financier a couple more instalments and you decide to sell or trade in your car. The dealer will take over your car and deduct from you whatever you are owing the financier, but he will not transfer the vehicle as he will only do so when he finds a buyer for it, his reason which is valid is that he doesnt want to just add another ownership on the grant, affect the value. What you should be doing is to check and make sure that he promptly pays whatever outstanding balance to the Finance Company, but you know la, most times we are happy with the new car you tend to forget what happened to the old traded in vehicle.......only after receiving calls from your old financier would you realise that something is not in order.

As I have said, this kind of dealers are in the minority, but if you are one of the victims you will probably have a bad impression on all dealers...

But if you have not fully paid the loan, you cannot get the release letter from the financier, right?

spirit36

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:23 AM

spirit36

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,862 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Feb 5 2009, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But if you have not fully paid the loan, you cannot get the release letter from the financier, right?

you would get a transfer of ownership letter with signature and stamp from the buyer...in this case the car dealer.
the seller do need to folo up with finance inst. and jpj to ensure the name are change accordingly.

rgds.

vr2turbo

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:38 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (spirit36 @ Feb 6 2009, 01:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you would get a transfer of ownership letter with signature and stamp from the buyer...in this case the car dealer.
the seller do need to folo up with finance inst. and jpj to ensure the name are change accordingly.

rgds.

If seller follow up and get the names transferred, then no issue mah!
Now complaint is Dealer never pay and never transfer...... ohmy.gif

bOROi

Posted 10 February 2009 - 04:30 PM

bOROi

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
Here is another example that can happen to anybody who decides to sell his car by way of "kereta sambong"....

Singer gets robbery shock
By Muzliza Mustafa and Teoh El Sen January 12, 2009 Categories: News

getaway car: The vehicle that was left behind by men who wanted to rob a cybercafe in Wangsa Maju on FridayAn Akademi Fantasia 3 contestant, Keifli Mohd Idir Ahmad, was shocked when he got a call from Sentul police who told him that his car, a Proton Satria, had been used in a robbery attempt at Wangsa Maju on Friday.

He was on the way to the KL International Airport with a friend to send another friend off to Australia when he received the call about 9.45pm.

“My car? Robbery? Then only did it start to make sense. I told police that the car is still registered under my name but the vehicle had been sold to another party a day before Hari Raya Puasa,” said Keifli in a telephone interview with Malay Mail yesterday.

He said the car was sold to an acquaintance who lives in the same residential area as he in Taman Sri Rampai, Setapak.

“He’s married and looked like a decent guy. I sold my four-year-old Satria to him and told him to just continue paying the instalments because I trusted him. He promised to come up with the proper documentation to change ownership. I trusted him but now he has got me into trouble,” said Keifli.

He added that the man kept delaying the process but since he was too busy with drama shoots and his eatery and fruit business, he did not have time to ask the man about the documents.

“I never thought that this could happen to me.” Keifli lodged a police report the same day, giving police details about the car.

The man and his wife have gone missing since then.

On Friday, three men arrived in the Satria and stormed into a cybercafe. Customers who saw what happened foiled the robbery and chased the men away.

The men fled in panic, leaving the vehicle behind. The car registration number led police to Keifli.

The suspects are still at large.

Myah United Rules!!!!

vr2turbo

Posted 10 February 2009 - 05:25 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
But I am wondering, if I am the buyer, wouldn't I want the car to be in my name.
If I were to pay the continued installments, seller can still claim the car to be his/hers smile_shock.gif

spirit36

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:42 PM

spirit36

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,862 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Feb 10 2009, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But I am wondering, if I am the buyer, wouldn't I want the car to be in my name.
If I were to pay the continued installments, seller can still claim the car to be his/hers smile_shock.gif

--------------------------------------------------------
Yes Mr.VR2,
That would be ideal.

But most of the"sambung bayar" case are...
1. Owner cannot afford to cont instalment.
2. Owner want to get ride of the ride but no buyer or huge o/standing.
3. Taker blacklist cannot get loan.
4. Taker monthly installment reality.
5. Taker cannot pay d/payment.

Any samans goes to the owner.
Accident, not taker's problem.
Kena curi, not taker's problem.
Whack till engine drop + no need to service.