Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Difference B/w Lancer Ex And Inspira 2.0

• Please log in to reply

nofear1979

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:27 AM

nofear1979

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,648 posts
QUOTE (mosh @ Jul 18 2011, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
read it somewhere in a blog - sighting of a black inspira masuk R3 opis.. ?
dunno true or not.. hope is true la.. or else a con news.

is true... my fren from sastria neo club got the news from the head of r&d R3... (Tengku Djan)

They re-tune the suspension... performance wise, not sure....
2012 NMT Vice President - nofear1979

Human Resource Solutions
We provide a comprehensive range of Human Resource (HR) management solutions

SplitFire

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:46 PM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,878 posts
QUOTE (nofear1979 @ Jul 26 2011, 02:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
is true... my fren from sastria neo club got the news from the head of r&d R3... (Tengku Djan)

They re-tune the suspension... performance wise, not sure....

U jealous leh.... smile_big.gif

U mods your GT to Inspira lar....so that you can send in to R3 also. smile_tongue.gif
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

citizen123

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:46 PM

citizen123

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
I bought an Inspira 1.8 manual.

I get full size spare wheel.

Anybody knows how I can get the space saver spare wheel?

Thanks

syaheeda

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:47 PM

syaheeda

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Wow, check out the photos on the "My First PROTON Car"! Contest! I think they're all pretty good.

Start uploading your very own photo now and you could just win yourself awesome prizes from Apple and PROTON.

http://www.facebook....247694088601306

matrixlyn

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:22 PM

matrixlyn

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
QUOTE (anxious @ Mar 20 2011, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My wife just got her Inspira 2.0 last week.

I was cleaning the car and trying to detect the differences b/w the Lancer and Inspira.

The Inspira should be compared against the Lancer EX(which comes with the 16 inch rim) and not GT.

The Inspira retails at RM91,999 wherelse the Lancer EX sells for about RM118000. Now that a difference of RM26k.

Basically for RM26k less you get a CKD Inspira vs a CBU Lancer.

Now the ealier batches are supposed to have 26% local content. I read someone stating that the local content is:-

1. Tyres & rim (ugly)
2. Battery, bulbs, head lamp, rear lights and all interior lights excluding speedometer
3. Seats, Carpet, side panel fabric/leather
4. The rear boot lip
5. side window glass
6. interior fabric
7. Side Mirrors
8. Spring and Absorbers
9. Spark Plugs and cables
10. Belting - aircon, alternator

In my car I notice that the rear windscreen is Proton. Only the front is Mitsubishi. My chasis no. is 49xx, almost 5000.

I also noticed that as there is a full size spare tyre, the rear booth space is a bit smaller compared to the GT which has a space saver.

The leather looks like Nappa that the GT has but not as dark. Steerrng has Proton eblem instead Mitsubishi. Sound system is clarion.

I am wondering whether dashboard and sideboard/plastics are from Lancer or by Proton. Why would Proton want to mould these parts themselves?

What are your observations as to the differences?

The difference....one for Smart Guys...one for not-so-Smart guys who pay RM26k more...hehe.....as for the dashboard, this is a very common part, Proton sure has their own supplier can do...why not? I have drove over 6 months....dashboard is perfect, no noise at all. Even my 4+ years old Savvy also has perfect dashboard...no noise after 4.5 years!