Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

VW Golf GTI M6

• Please log in to reply

tm8080

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:27 PM

tm8080

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
QUOTE (tm8080 @ Mar 1 2010, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pls help - Am a new owner of the VW M6 Golf GTI, am terribly disappointed. I'd ordered the model from Goh Brothers, Penang, Malaysia and received my car recently in Jan 2010.

I am currently experiencing gear box issues with this car. I had encountered this problem twice last week (Wed & Thurs). What happened was that in the midst of driving, the safe mode kicked in, as a result the gear did not engage causing the speed of the car to drop, with a terribly strained sound coming from the engine. I could not even engage the reverse gear even when the car was stationary. Had to stop at the side of the road, turn off the engine and restart the car.

I brought it over to the Service Centre on 27 Feb, for a check up and the mechanic said that their troubleshooting showed that its a sporadic problem hence they cannot escalate the issue to replace the gear box. So i was told to go back and if it happens again bring it back for them to test again. Its extremely dangerous if this happened while i was overtaking another vehicle.

Clearly the message I got from VW wearnes service centre is that they will only take it seriously if this problem occurs again, i.e. they can test it as a permanent fault in the system or if I get into an accident in this vehicle.

By the way, my car is less than 3 months old, just had its first 1000 km service on 10th Feb 2010.

Not recommending anyone to buy this car....I honestly thought it was a to-die-for car. Forget it, despite how great the handling is this car is missing the most important & basic thing, a gear box thats suppose to be key to support its performance!

I can accept the faulty unit with the gear box. worse thing is service centre refuses to fix a this problem. How can this be a driver's issue when its barely 90 days old.

Am terribly disappointed. Please those who've already booked your cars, do take into consideration from both the sales & service aspects of your purchase before you make the final decision ...and those thinking of buying thenew Golf Gti m6, think again...

On Tuesday(03 Mar) evening at about 1030pm the safe mode kicked in again.. i had to stop at the side of the road and restart the car again.

Today VW Service Centre in Sg Besi took my car in for a check up. Guess what it tested the same, sporadic, and they said they cant do anything about it. Gosh I am so mad! I hate VW Malaysia.

smile_angry.gif

droll

Posted 05 March 2010 - 02:14 AM

droll

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 577 posts
QUOTE (tm8080 @ Mar 4 2010, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On Tuesday(03 Mar) evening at about 1030pm the safe mode kicked in again.. i had to stop at the side of the road and restart the car again.

Today VW Service Centre in Sg Besi took my car in for a check up. Guess what it tested the same, sporadic, and they said they cant do anything about it. Gosh I am so mad! I hate VW Malaysia.

smile_angry.gif
just to clarify something, tm8080. VW Malaysia is the principle. they don't sell cars directly to consumers. they appoint dealers to do that (plus servicing). so companies like goh brothers, wearnes, fa wagen, veemer are the ones we deal with directly.

the next time it happens, pull over to the side of the road and take out your phone to record what you see on the dashboard. and if you have a passenger with you, get him/her to record the behaviour on the phone while you are driving / slowing down. i found that that helped when i sent my car back for intermittent corrupted graphics on the headunit. the photos i took with
my phone was sufficient evidence for them to immediately work on my issue (and they resolved it).

skykruzr

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:15 AM

skykruzr

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
Bro,

Hv the sc try checking out the dsg gearbx temperature sensor. It has cause problem else where and it's fixable.

Jus try yr luck,

Skykruzr

QUOTE (tm8080 @ Mar 4 2010, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

smile_angry.gif

luv 2 kruze

klakaseram

Posted 05 March 2010 - 05:57 PM

klakaseram

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
it's the TCU software that's needed to be checked. The temp sensor rarely failed but most of the cases get rectified via TCU software update
I agree with droll, try record the event and show to them.

tm8080

Posted 05 March 2010 - 07:51 PM

tm8080

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
QUOTE (droll @ Mar 5 2010, 02:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just to clarify something, tm8080. VW Malaysia is the principle. they don't sell cars directly to consumers. they appoint dealers to do that (plus servicing). so companies like goh brothers, wearnes, fa wagen, veemer are the ones we deal with directly.

the next time it happens, pull over to the side of the road and take out your phone to record what you see on the dashboard. and if you have a passenger with you, get him/her to record the behaviour on the phone while you are driving / slowing down. i found that that helped when i sent my car back for intermittent corrupted graphics on the headunit. the photos i took with
my phone was sufficient evidence for them to immediately work on my issue (and they resolved it).

Yes, I did that.. i even took a picture which showed that the information on the gears i.e. D1,D2 etc had disappeared from the MFD screen and shared it with them. But unfortunately they wanted to send the car back to me again after having tested it as sporadic yesterday. However I told them that they can keep the car, i refused to take it back, cause they did not want to resolve it.

On the same day, much later on in the evening they'd miraculously found the root cause... and they are working to get the parts in by next week.

*fingers cross* Thanks again everybody =)

tm8080

Posted 05 March 2010 - 09:14 PM

tm8080

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
QUOTE (droll @ Mar 5 2010, 02:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes I agree. I am clear as to how the organizational structure works. Do bear in mind that the original car dealer, Goh Brothers (Joachim) is absolutely useless. He barely lifted a finger to help me with this problem. I have been dealing with a someone from VG Malaysia directly mostly due to the fact that the service centre cant seem to make a decision on their own accord.

Its ridiculous, the car is only 2 months old, barely drove it even. If they cant find the problem in the first place they should have made an executive decision to just replace the car or the entire gearbox unit. Plus on top of everything, its a risk on myself as the driver & passengers if this happens while I was overtaking another vehicle, no emergency lanes to stop at to restart the car. What is the point of owning a GTI?

It was a terrible experience, absolutely unprofessional bunch I had to deal with. I hope nobody has to go through this problem.

VWGTI

Posted 06 March 2010 - 02:29 PM

VWGTI

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts
QUOTE (klakaseram @ Mar 2 2010, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
tm8080, I feel sorry for you. I think your TCU need to be checked. There are cases reported in VW forums, mostly get rectified via TCU software update. Better get the dealer to check again
cheer up biggrin.gif

Agree get the service center to upgrade you software to the latest version if not call vw direct at 1800888947.

The Original GTi

klakaseram

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:48 AM

klakaseram

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
QUOTE (tm8080)
they'd miraculously found the root cause... and they are working to get the parts in by next week.
*fingers cross* Thanks again everybody =)

good, at least they know there is a problem smile_thumbup.gif
that's the first step - identify the problem
the next step - find a solution. Hopefully they do it right smile_tongue.gif

matrix73

Posted 21 March 2010 - 12:50 AM

matrix73

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
QUOTE (tm8080 @ Mar 1 2010, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pls help - Am a new owner of the VW M6 Golf GTI, am terribly disappointed. I'd ordered the model from Goh Brothers, Penang, Malaysia and received my car recently in Jan 2010.

I am currently experiencing gear box issues with this car. I had encountered this problem twice last week (Wed & Thurs). What happened was that in the midst of driving, the safe mode kicked in, as a result the gear did not engage causing the speed of the car to drop, with a terribly strained sound coming from the engine. I could not even engage the reverse gear even when the car was stationary. Had to stop at the side of the road, turn off the engine and restart the car.

I brought it over to the Service Centre on 27 Feb, for a check up and the mechanic said that their troubleshooting showed that its a sporadic problem hence they cannot escalate the issue to replace the gear box. So i was told to go back and if it happens again bring it back for them to test again. Its extremely dangerous if this happened while i was overtaking another vehicle.

Clearly the message I got from VW wearnes service centre is that they will only take it seriously if this problem occurs again, i.e. they can test it as a permanent fault in the system or if I get into an accident in this vehicle.

By the way, my car is less than 3 months old, just had its first 1000 km service on 10th Feb 2010.

Hi Bro,

I was wondering if your gear box problem has been fixed?

Not recommending anyone to buy this car....I honestly thought it was a to-die-for car. Forget it, despite how great the handling is this car is missing the most important & basic thing, a gear box thats suppose to be key to support its performance!

I can accept the faulty unit with the gear box. worse thing is service centre refuses to fix a this problem. How can this be a driver's issue when its barely 90 days old.

Am terribly disappointed. Please those who've already booked your cars, do take into consideration from both the sales & service aspects of your purchase before you make the final decision ...and those thinking of buying thenew Golf Gti m6, think again...

matrix73

Posted 21 March 2010 - 12:52 AM

matrix73

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
HI Bro,

Did Vw fixed your gear box problem? I am actually going to buy tis car but having a second thought now. Are ufrom Pg?

Regards

Alex